What would it be like to have Indy and Marion as your Parents?

I Don Quixote

I think it would be great, but intimidating. You have your world-class, well respected teacher/adventurer as a dad, and a sweet but tough-as-nails mom.
I wonder if they would be gone a lot, or if the kid would really get to know them. I'd probably ask a TON of questions to the point where they're all "OK, enough. You've asked too much. We can't process it all."
What expectations of you might they have? High ones, surely.

I'd also love meeting all their worldly friends like Sallah and Marcus. You'd get some very exotic experiences. I'd want to go on an adventure with Indy, and eventually learn how to drink men under the table.;)

Dr.Jonesy

Having Indy as a father...well if we're saying I'm Mutt and I was just re-united, I think Indy would be a rather mellow father, urging me to be in school and do something with my life. Helping me with his academic connections and so forth. I also think he'd try to make up for lost time. An older, wiser Indy would be more capable of being a father than Indy from the late '30s/'40s.

Marion I see as quite the mother; happy to have left the adventuring days behind and trying to keep her head above water after Indy left. I see her being the same sort-of gutsy girl but being a very caring mother. Nurturing but very much tough-love oriented.

Having them both as parents at the same time...well I think it'd be an interesting dynamic! Marion would try to keep Indy from going all over "...this Earth lookin' for little bits of junk." I think in once they were married they'd have quite the giddy honeymoon phase.

This question could go two ways; if you were Mutt if Indy/Marion had stayed together. Or if you were Mutt when they reunited in 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'.

I think Indy from the '30s wouldn't know how to handle being a father.

Goodeknight

Indy would be a better dad than Henry Sr. BUT -- whether he'd like it or not, he'd wind up a lot like his own father. Not as bad, because he'd try to keep it in check, but it would still happen. So, perhaps a little distant at times. Always off on a quest of some sort.

He and Marion would have a lot to work out, too. Yes, they'd have a giddy honeymoon phase, but they'd also have to work thru, "Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant," and "Do you know what you did to me? To my life?" They'd pick up right where they left off in Nepal. They certainly wouldn't be the Cleavers. But their kids would life a life of adventure. They wouldn't be boring parents.

Dr.Jonesy

goodeknight said:
but they'd also have to work thru, "Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant," and "Do you know what you did to me? To my life?" They'd pick up right where they left off in Nepal.

Indeed. Those aren't easy things to let go.

I Don Quixote

I think you could look at this question from both perspectives. Think about Indy and Marion as parents to an adult Mutt, and as parents for Mutt his whole life.
And yes, they would have a lot to work through. My first question if I were Indy would be "Why didn't you tell me before I left you? Did you even know yet, or were you hiding him from me?"

As a couple, Indy and Marion would be quite the dynamic duo.