Why don't they just make an Indy Trilogy Game for 2007?

Routledge

It really annoys me that they finally decide to do Star Wars games with just the basic trilogy in mind. i.e. Rogue Leader, Rebel Strike.etc. But they always release a new Indy game that fails to capture the TRUE feel for Indy. We don't want magic and supernatural elements all the time! We want the chance to BE Indy. Why can't we just have a Raiders game, a TOD game and a LC game? Why can't we have levels where Indy fights the Nazi next to the aeroplane, why can't we have a level where Indy can ride on a horse and chase after the truck with the ark and jump on it.etc. THESE would be true Indy games! .... Come on LucasArts. I know you've got it in you somewhere.

I really preffer new adventures for Indy, i think the difference is that while star wars has a pretty big universe and history to work with Indy does not, its more or less closed to the script of the movie so new adventures i think are pretty sweet, take a look at FOA for example :D

Paden

I have to agree that although I've enjoyed playing games based on my favorite characters and worlds from the world of film, I've found myself disappointed by games that are directly based on a particular movie. Especially if it's a film I enjoyed a lot, I tend to find the game a let down. Maybe it's an unconscious, unrealistic expectation that desires that the game be as thrilling and engrossing as its source material. In other words, going in I may mentally set the bar too high, and wind up disappointed. I've had much better experiences with games that present original scenarios with established characters.

Last edited:

Supernatural

They have the ability to do both. They have before.
They have with Indy and Star Wars.
In the 90's we had original trilogy games while original games were being made at the same time.

I'd love to see a 3rd person, next generation Raiders. Especially trying to step on the right stones and then try to outrun the boulder.

Come to think of it, can you imagine the mine cart scene? :eek:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Dakota Dan said:
I'd love to see a 3rd person, next generation Raiders. Especially trying to step on the right stones and then try to outrun the boulder.

Just play Infernal Machine's bonus level, Return to Peru.

I have no desire to 'do' what I already know... So I'm glad there's never been a fight with a Nazi by a flying wing, or a VG quest for a stone with 3 marks on it...

Grimdiana Bones

temple of john said:
I think if Lucasarts were to do an Indy trilogy game it would be 2D on a gameboy or something like that. As far as X-Box or PS3, keep the adventure new, always.

It would be great if they transferred indys greatest adventures from snes to GBA, like so many other snes games.

as for indy games, I enjoy it much more when I get to play out a completely new adventure.