LEGO Advert - reveals a couple of things...

ScarfaceJoker

Can't see it posted anywhere in the Collecting Indy forum so I'd thought I'd post it here as it does contain some spoilers.

From http://kotcs.blogspot.com:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mCFyIYzeYEo&hl=es"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mCFyIYzeYEo&hl=es" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

PS: Mods please delete/move if duplicated somewhere else! :)

agentsands77

Interesting. Matches the sketch of the skeleton throne room from the LOST JOURNAL (except there are 13 skeletons noted as being present... one missing its head).

Can't take this ad too literally, but I do wonder what the spinning throne room signifies in the film itself.

Mutt Williams

ethanedwards said:
Hmmm,

Seems like there will be only ONE Crystal Skull in this movie.

Just look at the movie's title, "Skull", singular, not plural. :p

EDIT:

Wait a minute, check this shot:

legowf3.jpg

Last edited:

Darth Vile

I think the question was really around do we think the movie will feature only one skull that Spalko/Indy are in possession of? I think the answer is probably yes, as when they get to the throne room, the other 12 will already be in situ...

Perhilion

I'm confused. It would seem that Indy retrieves a skull from the warehouse, yet in the new trailer it looks like Mutt and him dig one up in the cemetery. There must be more than one.

The Man

Perhilion said:
I'm confused. It would seem that Indy retrieves a skull from the warehouse, yet in the new trailer it looks like Mutt and him dig one up in the cemetery. There must be more than one.

We now seem to know even less about the Hangar 51 plot. Whatever's in that case...:confused:

ethanedwards

agentsands77 said:
No, there are 13 crystal skulls. THE LOST JOURNAL OF INDIANA JONES confirms as much.

I read the Lost Journal - it is about the actual Myth, in this movie Lucas made up his own mythology and combined it with the alien angle. Also "City of Gold" (V.O. from 2nd trailer) is yet another different myth completely.

No, there will only be ONE Skull in this film - there will be 2 other Alien skeletons, but those 2 have there heads. The third and final is the McGuffen and it must be placed on the shoulders of the third skeleton that does not have his head.

You will see. One
;)

agentsands77

ethanedwards said:
I read the Lost Journal - it is about the actual Myth
No, THE LOST JOURNAL OF INDIANA JONES is about KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL, complete with sketches of Akator and the room below, with the note that there are 13 crystal skulls in total.

ethanedwards said:
No, there will only be ONE Skull in this film - there will be 2 other Alien skeletons, but those 2 have there heads.
No. You're mistaken. The Lego set downsized the throne room, but in reality, there are 13 crystal skeletons. See this picture, which is Indy's sketch of what he sees in KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL:

templelq1.jpg

ethanedwards

Agent - funny we disagreed on this same topic in Feb.

That is compelling, but still just shows FULL SKELETONS - There will only be ONE Skull McGuffen.

We shall wait and see.

agentsands77

ethanedwards said:
Agent - funny we disagreed on this same topic in Feb.
Yup. But I think I've come out in the clear, given that there's demonstrably more than one crystal skull in the film. That much is undeniable at this point.

ethanedwards said:
That is compelling, but still just shows FULL SKELETONS - There will only be ONE Skull McGuffen.
I guess it's a matter of perspective. I believe that, up until they get to the Akator throne room, there will only be one skull featured in the film. But the throne room itself will contain the other skulls/skeletons.

Because the very crystal skull of the title belongs to a skeleton (you can see one the skeletons is missing its head in the sketch). And as Indy notes on the page, 13 crystal skeletons with 13 accompanying crystal skulls altogether.

ethanedwards

If more than three Skeletons actually appear in the film - we will have to wait to find out.

But: This re-imagine of a Mayan Myth is what I am talking about. If in fact there are many Skeletons each with a crystal skull, then they have probably been hidden forever and it is Indiana that is able to get to them by the climax of the film... so therefore there couldn't be a myth of them 'cause no one would know they existed. They only are aware of the ONE Crystal Skull, hence the Kingdom.

My point is and always has been that certain liberties have been taken concerning some actual artifacts that populate the globe.

I am seeing Ironman tonight - can't wait for the trailer in full size and sound.

Rock On

agentsands77

ethanedwards said:
If more than three Skeletons actually appear in the film - we will have to wait to find out.
No, we don't have to wait. The LOST JOURNAL OF INDIANA JONES demonstrates the presence of more than three skeletons. I don't see why you're so quick to discard that confirmation.

ethanedwards

Mainly because of the merchandise. We have learned more from the toys than any other source.

Only One Skull on poster, keychain, etc...

Only 3 skeletons on spaceship. You will say they just minimized, but I think if there were more in the film - there would be more Lego figures.

The book is just conceptual art. To stir up interest.