Fagaras Fortress

The Adventurer

I was to Fagaras city with some armwrestling business...and I didn't miss the old fortress of the tawn...some pictures...:gun:

A few outside pictures:
0001214ed7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The Adventurer

Rene, sorry but I don't have some pics with Fagaras Mountains...maybe I'll post later some pics with the Bucegi Mountains (I passed this mountains to arrive at Fagaras)

ninepinejones, the place is somewhere near Carpatian Mountains in Romania in the city of Fagaras (near Brasov)...and I do armwrestle just for fun (it happens that I am one of the best in my country, I like sports and I practiced alot in my teens...swimming, water polo, athletics, boxing, shotokan...and few more) Now I play with armwrestling because is so simple to practice, demands no big sacrifice or materials and it is a lot of fun...

And an old defender view:

Last edited:
Thats awesome you are into arm wrestling,did you enjoy "over the top?" with Sly Stallone,its the only arm wrestling movie that I know of. Also what goes on at the fortress is it just for tourism now?

The Adventurer

...well...I even have a DVD with "Over The Top"...and watch it before every important contest...also a few short movies with John Brzenk. These get me in shape.(y)

The fortress is in a poor condition (except a part where is a restaurant and other part where is a museum), in rest is at the pity of the nature...Everybody can walk and do what they want...to ocasional "diggers" to homless people...but I hope in a better future for this monument...sad memories are related to the fortress in the comunist era after 1948 it became a political prison...if anybody interested about Fortress history here is a link: http://www.rotravel.com/romania/transylvania/fagaras.php

Thats very interesting. I visited a medieval fortress in Croatia a few months ago,here are some pictures of that adventure.Click to enlarge photo. The beer was excellent in Dubrovnik which was the well preserved medieval city. :)

Thanks. CHEERS! Thats classic that you get psyched up for an arm wrestling match by watching Over the Top,hilarious too.I will have to see it again soon,its been a long time.

Those pictures that I posted of Croatia are from a city where Nikola Tesla spent alot of his time. Nikola is one of my favorite historical figures,he is a main character in the new movie The Prestige, check it out. Adventurer, have you and your friends ever thought about doing an arm wrestling documentary? I would think that it would be a very entertaining sport to film.