Dream Job

lao che & sons

Filmmaker. I write and direct my own short films. And I've won a few local film contests. But going to film school and becoming a proffesional filmmaker would be my dream job.

Last edited:

XanaduEli

Meerkat said:
I'd love to be an author, or anything that has to do with writing fiction.

I absolutely love to write too,

Id either like to be an author, or an illustrator,or just a simple artist.

and id love to be an engineer or a mechanic

and finally maybe a movie editor or a person who makes music videos, like the ones on my you tube channel (y)

Joosse

I'm quite happy being a teacher.

Just a little less paperwork and/or correction work would be nice though... ;)

Oh, and more money....

Last edited:

DocWhiskey

Webley said:
You will probably not believe this but back in 1990/91 me and three ohter guys did the art and writeing for a couple of issues of a comic book called Tales of the Bugmonster. It was for a comic book company called lizard graphics in Portsmouth New Hampshire.

I believe you! That's really cool, Webley. How was the experience? Something you'd do again?

Matt deMille said:
Do you attend San Diego Comic Con? That's definitely the place to make contacts to break into the business. I highly recommend it! Good fortune on your venture!

I've never been able to get there. But I watch all the coverage like a hawk! I go to the couple big cons here in Chicago though. I always talk the the artists. I'm thinking about getting a booth one of these days. My friend and I have several scripts for comics and I've drawn some panels but never finished anything. That's the problem. I'm working on a short animated film with a buddy of mine who works for DC and Image. If I don't make contacts soon he's my only key!

Willie

My dream job? Working on a film and seeing my name in the credits! ;)

Meerkat said:
I'd love to be an author, or anything that has to do with writing fiction.
Me too.

Can I have more than one dream job? ;)

I'd like to write a book and have that made into a movie. That'd be sweet! (y)

roundshort said:
Already have it!
That's great!
What is it you do? I am most curious. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

XanaduEli

Willie said:
Me too.

Can I have more than one dream job? ;)

I'd like to write a book and have that made into a movie. That'd be sweet! (y)

I think we all have something in common, I would love to be an author too, and illustrate my own books. (y)

if any of you need an illustrator, im right here

Pale Horse

Staff member
DocWhiskey said:
I'd love to be a comic book writer and/or artist.

I sit right next to one.

Matt deMille said:
Do you attend San Diego Comic Con? That's definitely the place to make contacts to break into the business. I highly recommend it! Good fortune on your venture!

He's right. The gentleman I sit next to was doing a panel there last weekend...signing comic books and the like.

roundshort said:
Already have it!

Show off. ;)

P.S. see you on Labor Day weekend....