Editing the Supernatural Characters out of ET

Yolegoman

Okay, this started to mess up the caption thread, so I moved it over here.

omega5ooo said:
Yolegoman said:
Yolegoman, who HAS almost finished figuring out how to remove the zombies and terracotta warriors from ET...

Heh heh me too! :D I tried to replace the zombie msh's with the normal msh's... Worked good. Also tried to replace the ghost with those little *things* from the Kraken but then they're harder to throw the Pa Cheng at... It seems... And the demon... Well that thing... I don't know with what to replace it. Since it has an female voice... Must be an animal or Mei Ying... Or a re-appearance of the feng twins... I never figured out who or what to take. So I just left her :(

EDIT: YOu did mtx files? What are those? Animation? Behavior? msh files are Mesh and skin, so.... Same as msh's?

P.S: I wish you luck with the editing and your folks. :)

[Edited by omega5ooo on 07-12-2003 at 01:46 pm]

Yes, .mtx files. But there in the Meshes folder. Same thing. :D
The location by default is

C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb Demo\GameData\indy\meshes\chars

Anyway, that's what I do. You can also rename .boneanimation files, so the "SoulDrain" animation is just a normal punch, ect.

I STILL hope to get the game, and as soon as I do, and fix all of the stuff, I will release a patch at Lucasfiles.com that will remove the ghosts... at least, all I can remove.

Its not just replacing the 3d files though, to completely make it okay, you need to replace .boneanimation files and also the sound effects. A lot of work. It's worth it, but I hope to save other people time.

I am really glad Lucasarts allowed us even this much lenience. This is gonna be great. :)

Okay, continue posting guys. I hope this offers a gleam of light to the people (Like me) who were horrified by Indy fighting Spirits...

Yolegoman

Indy87

Can you join our editing team so instead of just replacing and deleting we could edit them and replace them with all new characters

Please Join

You know what your doing

PS:Join my thread

Yolegoman

Indy87 said:
Can you join our editing team so instead of just replacing and deleting we could edit them and replace them with all new characters

Please Join

You know what your doing

PS:Join my thread

Listen, sorry to dissapoint you, but I don't think we can replace them with new characters. Alls I did was rename "IndianaJones.mtx" to "The spirit file thingy.mtx" although its a bit more work then that.

Although, I might take a look and see what its all about. ;)

EDIT: Come to think of it, we could also import characters from Buffy the Vampire game, and, when it comes out, James Bond. (The new slayer engine one). That could add some fun.

Yolegoman

omega5ooo

I can see it in the newspapers:

Indiana Jones attacks James Bond with an wooden stick!!!

lol

BTW, what will or did you replace the demon with???

[Edited by omega5ooo on 07-13-2003 at 05:17 am]

Yolegoman

omega5ooo said:
I can see it in the newspapers:

Indiana Jones attacks James Bond with an wooden stick!!!

lol

BTW, what will or did you replace the demon with???

[Edited by omega5ooo on 07-13-2003 at 05:17 am]

Haven't got the game yet, (I show the AI disabled version to my dad today) ;) but I know its possible, because currently, my ivoryhunter in the demo is Indy's 3d file... lol!

I'll figure out what to replace it with once I get it.

Yolegoman

omega5ooo

The AI disabled thing is funny. They just stand around like nerds... :p

Hey could you also try to re-edit objects... Cuz in Prague well there is... ah... just look for yourself...

http://adventurecorner.adventureserver.de/showimg/showimg.php?/szene/reviews/indy6/indy6rev_4.jpg

yeah back there in the fire... I don't like him... Neither do my folks
uhoh.gif

Yolegoman

omega5ooo said:
The AI disabled thing is funny. They just stand around like nerds... :p

Hey could you also try to re-edit objects... Cuz in Prague well there is... ah... just look for yourself...

http://adventurecorner.adventureserver.de/showimg/showimg.php?/szene/reviews/indy6/indy6rev_4.jpg

yeah back there in the fire... I don't like him... Neither do my folks
uhoh.gif

Thanks for that... what did your parents say about the Feng Twins?
uhoh.gif

What I want to know is, are those guys 3d files like Indy, or are they just objects?

I still might be able to figure out something.

Do you mind telling me how old you are? I'm 14, and the real reason my folks are so protective about Video Games is because I have little siblings... understandable.

Anyway, I can probably rename objects too. Thats interesting...

Yolegoman

omega5ooo

I'm 13 years, single kid...

Object or 3d file... I don't really know... I searched a little bit found it in "meshes\Props\Mission02\Devil_statue.ban/.mtx/.msh" Most likely object, huh?

The feng twins? Hmm... They didn't really say anything. Maybe they didn't notice... They don't like the fighting overall pretty much anyway so I don't think it makes much of a difference for them.

Why don't your parents like them? Is it because of their looks or the fighting against women? Or is it their "hysterious fight screams"? *lol*

Just for you to know, there's nothing obscene or perverse. Their dresses stay down like you see on the pics. They don't go up when they jump. It's just like normal baddies. If you want I can send you the msh files or whichever files you want of them to show them to your parents (you'd have to replace another enemy of course though...

Well, do your siblings have their own rooms? Because if, you could just lock yourself in your room when playing the game... Of course, that's not the best way to solve the problem but it's one. Maybe you could also get your parents to watch you play the game together with your siblings and do all kind of explaining to them.

Oh, before I forget it. In Prague there is a level with a Frankenstein monster like thing (Homoncolous) - I think this would be the only thing that could really scare or offend your siblings.

You could also go through an walkthrough of the game with your parents (I recommend the one of http://www.the-spoiler.com since it has many screens) and telling them what you could or could not edit in the game.

[Edited by omega5ooo on 07-13-2003 at 02:34 pm]

Yolegoman

omega5ooo said:
I'm 13 years, single kid...

Object or 3d file... I don't really know... I searched a little bit found it in "meshes\Props\Mission02\Devil_statue.ban/.mtx/.msh" Most likely object, huh?

Well, do your siblings have their own rooms? Because if, you could just lock yourself in your room when playing the game... Of course, that's not the best way to solve the problem but it's one. Maybe you could also get your parents to watch you play the game together with your siblings and do all kind of explaining to them.

No, if its a .ban/ .mtx/ .msh file, then they are just normal 3d character files. Should be easy to swap them out just like all the other characters.

I have my own room, but not my own computer, so that doesn't really work, considering that the computer I use is downstairs in the family room.

Don't worry, I'll get it sorted out. My dad is busy finishing up putting our new stove in, then I will show him the demo with no AI. :)

About The Feng Twins: alls my mom saw was the back of the box, and she merely commented on it. The subject hasn't been brought up since, but I will probably edit them out anyway, just to make them happy. :rolleyes:

I hope to get a laptop soon, then that should solve the "Have to worry about what younger siblings see" problem.

Yolegoman

Indy87

do you know how to extract/open the files 3ds and/or msh or mtx?

can you give detailed instruction in how to do this?

can you join our editing team?

You know alot and you know what your doing

PLEASE

Yolegoman

Indy87 said:
do you know how to extract/open the files 3ds and/or msh or mtx?

can you give detailed instruction in how to do this?

can you join our editing team?

You know alot and you know what your doing

PLEASE

NO! I DON'T! I ONLY KNOW HOW TO RENAME FILES! NOT UNPACK THEM!

That said: I get the game tomorrow. (YESS!!!!) ! After I get the real game, I will fool around with it, and depending on what I find out, I will let you know. (About joining). Okay?

I understand how excited you are about this, and making our own levels would be great, but I just don't know how practical it is.

And my first and formost priority is removing the Supernatural Ghosts and Terracotta Warriors from the game.

Thanks for your understanding.

Yolegoman

Indy87

thanks man

PS : Dont youu need to destroy the supernatural characters in some parts of the game to move on, like to open a door it would open ONLY if you defeat all the supernatural guys.

How are you going to make it to avoide that problem?

[Edited by Indy87 on 07-13-2003 at 06:43 pm]

Yolegoman

Indy87 said:
thanks man

PS:Dont youu need to destroy the supernatural characters in some parts of the game to move on, like to open a door it would open ONLY if you defeat all the supernatural guys.

How are you going to make it to avoide that problem?

I'm not gonna delete the files, I'm gonna replace them with the Ninja files from Hong Kong, or the sort.

Okay?

Yolegoman

Goodsport

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Why not simply spend your time and efforts into creating a brand-new Indiana Jones story instead of replacing characters in an existing game? :confused:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Doing the latter will just end up screwing up the game.

-G

Yolegoman

Goodsport said:
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Why not simply spend your time and efforts into creating a brand-new Indiana Jones story instead of replacing characters in an existing game? :confused:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Doing the latter will just end up screwing up the game.

-G

Because, this is a totally great game, aside from the ghosts. I won't mess up the game, I know what I am doing. And I know a lot of guys who will thank me for replacing the ghosts.

Yolegoman

Indy87

I like this game too

but after you play the story its really over

nothing new to play

I want to see this done(editing team) so we could make totally new Indy adventures/levels by using the Slayer engine

Coldfyre

Yolegoman said:
Because, this is a totally great game, aside from the ghosts. I won't mess up the game, I know what I am doing. And I know a lot of guys who will thank me for replacing the ghosts.

Yolegoman [/B]

I would have preferred the game without the ghosts too... but isn't the damage already done, so to speak? Replacing the ghosts with ivory hunters or whatnot isn't the same as if there were never ghosts in the first place. I'm not trying to dissuade you from doing it or anything, I just don't really see the point...

omega5ooo

No! No damage! I've tried it several times too, so why shouldn't it work? Even if you WOULD mess up you still could copy the original files before you edit them. All you do is copy a file, delete the original (or move it) and rename that copy with the name of that original. Simple, ain't it?

And I'm sure Yolegoman will test everything before he uploads the mod at Lucasfiles so what is there to fear?

[Edited by omega5ooo on 07-14-2003 at 02:14 am]

Yolegoman

You won't be forced to download the patch file. If you don't want the ghosts to be replaced with "x" or "y" then don't worry about it. I know I, along with many others, want the ghosts out because it's just to darn freaky. And my parents wouldn't approve of it.

It won't mess up the files.

You guy's credit me to much. I don't know how to make our own levels. In fact, it's impossible without the Slayer engine editor. (Unless we can figure out how to unpack .mtx files).

All's I'm doing is renaming "mrninjathebob.ban/mtx/gin" to "Thewierdspiritguythateverybodywantseditedout.ban/.mtx/.gin"

Thats it.

~~~~~~~~~

Other things I have figured out (I think): There is three files for each 3d character: .mtx; .ban; .gin.

I think that: .ban is the master BoneAnimatioN file for that character. It tells the character how he is supposed to behave.

.mtx file is all the images packed into one file. I am almost dead sure of this. If we could unpack it, we would have editable .tga files, just like in the install folder.

.gin: I'm not sure. It might be the commands that hold the characters file together in the right place, it might be it's voices, it might do all of that stuff. It probably... Probably takes all the info from the .mtx and .ban files and makes it all work together.

I'll test my idea later.

I'm probably going to keep the Demo installed for work on testing files. Once I know what I am doing, I'll move it over to the real game and plug it in there.

Still, much work to be done.

I think some of you greatly overestimate me. I can't make a whole new game with what I have in the demo. I can replace premade animation files. That's about it. I don't have the time to make a bunch of new levels. Or the knowhow. Thank you.

Indy87: I sent a email to Emperorstomb@theindyexperience.com and have not got a response yet. I want in. :D

Yolegoman