New Acquisitions!!

RichardJones

since it seems every Indy figure comes with a gun, I think I will use the Ark from my Indy with Ark deluxe figure to store some of them, would that be a bad thing, to store weapons inside a radio for speaking to God ? lol:D

tnswman

The Tingler said:
Got meself a Raiders poster, which I've always wanted but never been able to find! It'll go nicely alongside my Last Crusade and Crystal Skull ones! Got a few new toys too!

Gonna get one more 3 3/4 inch figure today. Your advice: Dovchenko or Cemetery Warrior?

CEMETARY WARRIOR!!

tnswman

RichardJones said:
since it seems every Indy figure comes with a gun, I think I will use the Ark from my Indy with Ark deluxe figure to store some of them, would that be a bad thing, to store weapons inside a radio for speaking to God ? lol:D

LOL!! I have stored all of my spare stuff, Incuding Indy heads in it since I got it LOL!

tnswman

bonoferox said:
How are you displaying your relics, tns? We need a collection picture update when you get a chance.

Oh yea, I have not shown that LOL!

I have the Raiders artifacts with the figures and the KOTCS laid out in front of the Crates.

James

My current display method is to just stick things anywhere I can. As a result, I have one room that looks like an Indy 4 merchandise truck exploded. There are empty cardboard packages all over the place. :gun:

My original plan was just to buy a few things now, and then steadily purchase stuff throughout the entire summer. Of course, the urge to grab everything ASAP is pretty intense.

I haven't collected anywhere near the amount of stuff that I'd like to, but it's still a f***ing blast to go out everyday and buy a new Indy-related item. How else are we supposed to deal with the week-long wait that lies ahead of us? :whip:

bonoferox

My old cafe supervisor is in Constantine as the guy who passes Keanu in the bar and Keanu glares at him (bigger guy in sunglasses). He was also in the fight scene at the end with the shotgun.

He's also been a photographer in Ray, sat behind Rachel McAdams on the plane in Redeye, walked behind Kate Bosworth in Win A Date with Tad Hamilton, appeared in My Name Is Earl, Carnivale, Monk, CSI....the guy makes me rather envious.

MR Round

blueseattle said:
I was watching Constantine last night and not only is Shia in it, but the Spear of Destiny! I was like, "I HAVE THAT!"

Does that relic come with a Mutt figure? If so which one?

Marty Jones

tnswman said:
Not at all, It is a reasonable question and thought. I probably keep up with the new paint app process more than most people and I TOLD everyone what was coming in the newer cases.. Those that didn't believe me then KNOW I was being honest NOW as they hold their BETTER painted figures in their hands!

False. Four local stores restocked today with fresh shipments and the paint applications were just as bad (if not worse) on those that came out of revision cases. I saw no less than three different kinds of cases today (different stamps), and each one was filled with crappy figures. I actually saw an Indy who's eye was painted on his cheek today. Seriously...

I walked away with only the Jungle Cutter and a Spalko (which I'm still debating over). Hasbro is churning out some real trash from the factory these days. And it's inexcusable. Mass produced doesn't mean something should look like it was painted during a tornado.

:mad:

Munkeewrench

Good...Now I can cross the Marion/Thug 2 pack off my list...Small difference between that one and the one in the thug 2 pack...Have to have the single Marion for the relic after all...

I am working on curing my completist mentality...:gun: ...

Munkeewrench

I would never have the room for army building...I have just started to embrace opening up figures...As a former MOC addict I can say that it feels good to finally let go...

My wife says that I collect WAAAAYYYYY too many things, so she was really excited when I told her about Indy coming back...:D ...

Uki

I like the Cairo thug pack.

I saw something the other day that I thought was a bit awesome. My fiancee and I were picking up a pizza (at Brothers' Pizza here in The Woodlands, TX-very tasty!) and we saw a family coming in: mom, dad, and 2 daughters (about 4 or 5 and one about 3 or 4). The oldest girl was wielding an Indy role-play whip, and lashing her father madly about the head with it. I told her I liked her whip (Which sounded weird as soon as I said it) but the dad seemed very excited about it. :whip:

Also picked up a t-shirt with the teaser poster image on it for $19 at Hot Topic that evening. The dude that worked there loved my Luasfilm hat, and we were shooting the breeze a bit about Indy, The Dark KNight, and Clone Wars (and my fiancee waited so patiently! Of course, I'd just dropped a couple hundred bucks on a Swarovski crystal flower for her college graduation this Saturday! I didn't see any crystal skulls in the Swarovski store; what a mised opportunity! ;) )

bonoferox

Stopped by WalMart on my way home yesterday to look for the Jungle Cutter and found none. But I did see a dad with his two kids. They were each buying a deluxe German Officer pack and each had an Indy figure...it was beautiful.