The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles

Flannery10

I guess I cannot repeat enough how much I appreciate all the work you put into this. To see the bookends that were sadly omitted from the DVD versions again, is indeed quite a treat and I'm glad you are willing to make the commitment.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the bookends were changed for European releases. Probably it would just involve minor stuff, nothing compared to Mystery of the Blues, but still it would be interesting. But since the bookends were not released to a wider audience in the US or in Europe it will be hard to find bookends to compare to each other.

I hope to see Chapter 8, soon. Vienna and Northern Italy were some really funny episodes and I can only guess that the bookends are nothing short of that.

By the way, a minor but interesting observation. For the DVD release the Petrograd Credits were shifted a little. Instead of Julia Stemberger, Jean-Pierre Cassell is now the first one credited in "Adventures of the Secret Service", at least of those appearing in the Petrograd episode.

Stoo

Part 8 Preview

There are no decent shots of Indy's car in the "Northern Italy" bookends so the image of the one used here was taken from "Princeton, 1916".

COMING SOON to a computer screen near you...

StooTV_08.jpg

Flannery10 said:
By the way, a minor but interesting observation. For the DVD release the Petrograd Credits were shifted a little. Instead of Julia Stemberger, Jean-Pierre Cassell is now the first one credited in "Adventures of the Secret Service", at least of those appearing in the Petrograd episode.
You're right. Actually, all the episodes have differences in the opening/closing credits. Plus, if you notice, the opener for Petrograd has footage cut from the DVDs!

Oh, and thanks for the compliment, AnnieJones.:)

Stoo

Another Extra Makes Contact

Belated thanks for the B-day wishes, folks!:)

Yesterday, I heard from another extra from the bookends (which makes a grand total of 3)! This gentleman is in a couple of shots for "Barcelona, May 1917":

score1947.jpg

Here's part of what he had to say:

This was filmed in Wilmington,N.C. I had signed up to be an extra and this was my first time actually being on . As I remember I got $25 for about 6 hours. It was mostly waiting and eating (they had breakfast items and fruit).

dr.jones1986

I actually randomly saw these on youtube the other day, thanks Stoo for uploading them. I had only seen trenches of hell, before i finally purchased the DVDs when they came out, so I had never seen the old Indy bookends. Even though they have been cut from the Indy canon, it was still nice to check them out, also really liked the opening credits music...the mix of the "jungle music" and jazz is really great...shows the range of Indy's adventures.

Stoo

Part 8

Just uploaded the next installment and used the morphing logo again but there's another, new addition to the opening credits.;) Although the 2nd pair of bookends is not as resonating as some of the others, it's still one of my favourites because of Indy's car and something he does at the very end. Enjoy!

P.S. I think most "Chronicles" fans will be aware of the inside joke concerning the woman's name but maybe this would make a good trivia question for the newbs?

The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles - Part 8

StooTV_08.jpg

Well worth the wait as always Stoo, makes me extra sad to miss out on what happened later on between Indy and Sophie. 'Indiana Jones in a retirement home Inconcievable!!'

Junior Jones

I never picked up on this before, but he tells the psychologist that his children think he's crazy. That's plural. Somehow Mutt is not an only child?!

fommes

Well done, as always, Stoo!

As I finished watching, I was just thinking how the logo for the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles is bright and new and whatnot, and how you've made your logo for the Old IJ in a silent-film fashion, whereas - conversely - the adventures of YIJ actually take place during that early cinema era, and the "adventures" of the OIJ are contemporary. Anyway, not that this observation is in any way interesting... :)

AnnieJones

Junior Jones said:
I never picked up on this before, but he tells the psychologist that his children think he's crazy. That's plural. Somehow Mutt is not an only child?!

You might be interested in watching these videos for your answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRtR...1437A576&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p54GO1yWRs

You also might be interested in this thread called List of Indiana's Relatives from the Bookends: http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=18556

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Junior Jones said:

From his second wife. Well, third, counting Deidre.

Crack that whip

AnnieJones said:
Third?
When did he have a third wife?
I must be out of the loop.Sorry,I can be so blond sometimes.

Deirdre, Indy's first wife (that we know about ;) ), is a character in a couple of the novels. She's not in any of the movies or TV shows.