how many times have you seen kotcs?

Crusade>Raiders

WTF @ all the double digit viewings. The most I've seen a movie in theaters was three times, which just so happens to be Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Spider-Man 2.

eroc

well, I've seen it 6 times now, but only the first was in the theatre. Shhhhhh. I'm sure these "double-digiters" are coming from the same place as I.

I must say this. The movie keeps getting better every time i watch it. It is as good as the previous two, IMHO.(y)

inuvuwow

Bootlegs...

This bootleg crap is awful! I'm sorry some of you have resorted to that. I've seen it legitimately 17 times now! And paid everytime except the first. Entertainment Tonight treated me to that one!

inuvuwow said:
This bootleg crap is awful! I'm sorry some of you have resorted to that. I've seen it legitimately 17 times now! And paid everytime except the first. Entertainment Tonight treated me to that one!

Ewww a moralizer.

Go away, moralizer.

Go ahead and download a movie. Especially a normal film (ie not KOCKS) where the bulk of the profits go straight to the studios making fat pigs fatter. You paid once, go ahead and download it another time. No one deserves to be price-gouged as much as Hollywood price gouges.

And 17 viewings? I'm so so very sorry....

Young Indy

There is nothing wrong seeing a film in the theater many times if you have the time, money, and love for the film. I don't watch films that are bootlegged. I am not trying to be judgemental to people who do but, I don't believe in it. I understand why people do it. Friends have even critized me for not. Like I am an idiot for paying to see a film. I have seen Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 10 times in the theater because I like the film a lot. I am not sorry one bit and inuvuwow shouldn't be either.

Sans Fedora

I've seen it twice, and I must say, I liked it much better the second time. I'd like to see it one more time on the big screen.

Young Indy

Atilla, don't use some high minded economic principle to question what I would get out of seeing Indiana Jones 10 times. It's just pretentious. This is a fan website right? Fans of films often see them many times. By the way, how many times have you seen Raiders? You know each time you watch it you will probably get less out of it. There is even an economic principal called diminishing returns that would explain this too you... oh wait, this is not economics so it really has no bearing.

Agent Z

I would rather see a film 10 times in a theater than 100 times on a small screen at home.

As for the weird anti-bootleg bashing...

Look, a bootleg is a bootleg and wrong is wrong. Stealing is stealing. Not paying is not paying. You guys can rationalize it all you want, but it's actually very black and white.

I don't have a raging problem with people who download and watch bootlegs. I do have to laugh when they get offended and bent out of shape for being called out on it though.

The rationalizing that goes on in some people's minds is hilarious....

For the record, I have downloaded and watched bootlegs. However, I know it's wrong and am not about to act as though I'm "owed" something that I'm not.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Young Indy said:
Atilla, don't use some high minded economic principle to question what I would get out of seeing Indiana Jones 10 times. It's just pretentious. This is a fan website right? Fans of films often see them many times. By the way, how many times have you seen Raiders? You know each time you watch it you will probably get less out of it. There is even an economic principal called diminishing returns that would explain this too you... oh wait, this is not economics so it really has no bearing.

I've probably seen each Indiana Jones film 3 times in the past 5 years, since the DVDs came out.

Far be it from me to suggest that there might be other things to do with the time (or, indeed, the money) instead of seeing the same film that just came out 10 or 13 or 17 times, or that it probably gets fairly boring after seeing it that many times, or that whatever insights that might be gleaned from it are pretty well-exhausted at that point, in such a short time span.

Far be it from me to suggest that some principles are applicable beyond the field the originate. It's when ideas are relegated merely to the realm of the pretentious that we draw some line separating the conceptual from the real, and the academic from the ordinary. I want both; we need both, as a culture - to have value, to avoid strife, to survive. Is that so much to ask?

It's your time, it's your money.

Young Indy

I could argue that you are wasting your time telling other people that they are wasting there time. Why are you a moderator on an Indiana Jones website? Couldn't you be doing something better with your time? Let's not get off topic here though. This is a thread for Indiana Jones fans talking about how many times you have seen KOTCS. This exchange is diminishing in returns.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Young Indy said:
I could argue that you are wasting your time telling other people that they are wasting there time. Why are you a moderator on an Indiana Jones website? Couldn't you be doing something better with your time? Let's not get off topic here though. This is a thread for Indiana Jones fans talking about how many times you have seen KOTCS. This exchange is diminishing in returns.

Sentimental attachment, which counts for something, and giving back to a place that's meant something to me. Really, I'll just refer you here. I'm tired of defending my fandom.

Crusade>Raiders

Attila the Professor said:
Sentimental attachment, which counts for something, and giving back to a place that's meant something to me. Really, I'll just refer you here. I'm tired of defending my fandom.

Wait a minute...so you have a life OUTSIDE of Indiana Jones? Like...outside with sunlight and everything?

"NO MORE!" *head explodes in PG-13 sanitized space dust&

Young Indy

I am not attacking your fandom. If anything you where attacking mine. Telling me there was no reason for me to watch Indiana Jones. You where the one saying how could I watch a movie that many times without getting bored. I do watch it for sentimental attachment and that does count for something. I respect your opinion and don't want to squabble over this anymore.

Agent Z

DarthMickey said:
Its like I keep saying over and over.This Movie makes people Angry! :D

Hey, just wait until the dvd comes out! :D

In all fairness, Attila probably shouldn't have thrown that subtle dig at Young Indy like that.

We're all fans. Let's respect one another. God knows there are plenty of non-fans who give us enough grief as is. :p

Live and let live guys. :hat:

The Man

Agent Z said:
We're all fans. Let's respect one another. God knows there are plenty of non-fans who give us enough grief as is. :p

You're not above the odd sly dig yourself, you sly dog you...;)

Agent Z

The Man said:
You're not above the odd sly dig yourself, you sly dog you...;)

Nor am I above recognizing said dig and apologizing for it. :hat:

Yes, I realize that The Man just did a sly dig on me, commenting about sly digs.

Again, live and let live. :)

Last edited: