Final Showings

Bvance

That's awesome! I wish I would have done that too. It looks like you had a great time. :D

You are a proud Indy fan and not afraid to show it!

Shortie

I wish I could of seen it again. But my parents usually wait for DVD. This is gonna be a long wait until September 30th (Iron Man's release date & the beginning of the fall DVD season)

DiscoLad said:
Nice man, Did the suit inhance your love for Indy?

I don't know if that's exactly how I'd put it. Enhancing my love - it makes it sound like I'm dating Indiana Jones or something.

All I can say is I'm glad I went to see the movie again, and it was a lot of fun wearing the outfit and seeing people's reactions. I was the only one in gear at the theater, so it was just kind of cool. It made it a very memorable experience.

I may actually get to go see it one or two more times, because I just saw today that it will be playing at a $1.00 theater nearby starting August 29th.

Crack that whip

It appears the discount theater here will indeed get it at some as-yet unknown point in the future, in which case I'll have at least a couple weeks of opportunities to see it again for anywhere from $1.75 to just $.75 (!) a shot, so... coolness! I'm hoping, anyway... (y)

Young Indy

Indiana Jones has finally gotten to the cheap theaters in my area! Yes, I will take 1 or 2 more trips to the Kingdom. $1.75 to $.75 per ticket? Wow, that is really cheap. It's $3 bucks at my theater.

Crack that whip

Yes, this theater's regular ticket prices are $1.75 in the evenings and $1.25 for matinees, and on Tuesdays all shows are just .75. I really need to take advantage of it more often.

(Until sometime last year, the Tuesday showings were just fifty cents! :eek: )

Anyway, I was just there earlier this week for The Incredible Hulk, and saw a flyer or brochure or something mentioning Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull among other movies they're apparently getting between now and October, so I assume it'll be there. We'll see!

Rivers

man, Indy 4 is still in the regular theatre here in Calgary... I was sure it was going to hit the cheap theatres last week... then this week... and nope... still in the regular theatre

Still showing where I live, however someone has tampered with the sign.

stevephotoalbum542Small.jpg

herr gruber said:
Still showing where I live, however someone has tampered with the sign.

stevephotoalbum542Small.jpg

It doesn't feel like a photoshop but... I can't see it being as anything but.

I hate to ask and end up looking like a tool.... but is it real?

Rivers

Indy finally hit the cheap theaters today in Calgary. 3 months to the Day of it's release, thats a pretty good run nowadays!!! 3 Straight months in the regular theaters... pretty impessive!!!

Bvance

Every week I check the cheap theaters where I live to see if Indy is there yet. The Hulk has come and gone and so has Sex and the City, two movies that came out after Indy did. However, Iron Man and Narnia are still there, so hopefully next week they will FINALLY get Indy in. Also, this is a good time to say that I didn't think Iron Man was as great as everyone says. But it was probably because I saw it after seeing TDK which is very hard to beat. Iron Man wasn't bad, but I would out it on par with Indy. Neither of which were better than TDK.

But I will be seeing Indy again and again if it ever shows up at the cheap theater?

Forbidden Eye

Bvance said:
Every week I check the cheap theaters where I live to see if Indy is there yet. The Hulk has come and gone and so has Sex and the City, two movies that came out after Indy did. However, Iron Man and Narnia are still there, so hopefully next week they will FINALLY get Indy in. Also, this is a good time to say that I didn't think Iron Man was as great as everyone says. But it was probably because I saw it after seeing TDK which is very hard to beat. Iron Man wasn't bad, but I would out it on par with Indy. Neither of which were better than TDK.

But I will be seeing Indy again and again if it ever shows up at the cheap theater?

Hasn't come to the cheap theaters near me either(although, I only know about one).

Considering the majority of the people in my area aren't lovers or haters(because they haven't even SEEN the movie yet :rolleyes: ) this should do pretty well at the cheap theaters. There's still a chance it can beat Iron Man domestically.

ResidentAlien said:
It doesn't feel like a photoshop but... I can't see it being as anything but.

I hate to ask and end up looking like a tool.... but is it real?

Yeah. I know the guy who does the lettering in a local cinema. I got him to do this. He was fired last week.

Incidentally, it's the Fotosshoppe Cinema in Liverpool, UK.:D

drjones

Hey guys, it's been awhile. But I saw this thread and wanted to post too. I just checked and the nearest bargain theater to me is going to start showing the movie this weekend. Pretty good theater, it's a Cinemark. They have first matinee shows Monday through Friday for 50 cents, all day Tuesdays $1.00, $1.25 for bargain matinees before 6 pm, $1.75 after 6 on Fridays and Saturdays. Will probably be there for at least a few weeks until they pull it before the DVD comes out.

Stoo

Just caught "Skull" twice this week in non-cinema fashion. Yesterday on an overseas Air Canada flight
and late this past Monday night via Lodgenet Pay-Per-View in a San Francisco hotel (King George).
I fell asleep on both occasions but the film is definitely "out there" living the "between" stage from
big screen to DVD.

P.S. The slumber was due to fatigue and was not a result of the meandering dialogue inside Orellana's Cradle.:p :sleep: