General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Lance Quazar

HJJNR said:
I can imagine the Henge opening up to reveal "Something"...

Just a thought! :hat:

I dunno, sounds way too "National Treasure" for my taste. Stonehenge is a remarkable achievement, I don't think it needs to be given a fictitious basement in an Indy film.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I'm the opposite here. I think the Stone Henge is boring as well as any form of Arthurian legend.

Indeed!

HJJNR

Lance Quazar said:
I dunno, sounds way too "National Treasure" for my taste. Stonehenge is a remarkable achievement, I don't think it needs to be given a fictitious basement in an Indy film.

Indeed!

I was thinking more along the lines of "The artefact" requires Indy to visit the Henge as a stepping stone. I wouldn't want Stonehenge to be the main focal point in any movie but to use it for any purpose... whether it be a key or a map or something that will eventually lead him to the artefact in question.

In any case, Indy 5 needs to stay away from Sci-Fi and lean back to adventure story to preserve the integrity of the franchise, lots of traps, more whip action and ( i mentioned in another thread but was a bit off topic) pistol firing as he doesn't fire one round in KOTCS (Unless I missed it)

In my opinion, Crystal Skull was a bit like "Let's see how many famous people we can get into this one, so we can sell it" and I loved the film but I remember thinking how sad it was when the saucer lifted off at the end... as nice as the scene is... it just didnt fit... like I said; its just my opinion.

When Indy said to Mutt; "They would bind the infants heads" Hence the elongated cranium, that could have been the ending... leading us to believe they are alien (or inter-dimensional) beings when infact they were just cursed Akator folk lol.

EddyW

HJJNR said:
When Indy said to Mutt; "They would bind the infants heads" Hence the elongated cranium, that could have been the ending... leading us to believe they are alien (or inter-dimensional) beings when infact they were just cursed Akator folk lol.

Exactly, leaving something up to our imagination at least. The in your face saucer was too much.

Udvarnoky

The only reason Atlantis would be a bad idea is that it's already been done in the Indy universe, and frankly in such a way that can't really be improved on - seriously, the FOA graphic adventure rivals the movies. Besides, a surprising number of plot points from FOA were borrowed for Indy4. The Indiana Jones lost city movie has already been made.

Originally Posted by HJJNR When Indy said to Mutt; "They would bind the infants heads" Hence the elongated cranium, that could have been the ending... leading us to believe they are alien (or inter-dimensional) beings when infact they were just cursed Akator folk lol.

EddyW said:
Exactly, leaving something up to our imagination at least. The in your face saucer was too much.

Agreed! Indy explains lighning,fire, power of God or something...and the ending confirms just that...SOMETHING. God doesn't make some appearance like he does in Monty Python. The "spaceship" obscured or not, along with Oxley's first rational aside, confirmed too much...spoonfeeding a bunch of babies!

Here comes your strained peas! ooh boo boo baby goo goo! Zoomzoom zoom it's a SPACESHIP! Yum yum!:hat: (n)

Darth Vile

Lance Quazar said:
An Arthurian zombie movie? Hrmmm.....not really seeing it.
More an army of ghosts than an army of zombies... a la 'Return of the King'. It would at least provide a dénouement in keeping with Raiders e.g. pi*sed off Arthurian ghosts dragging the big bad kicking and screaming to hell...

Zeppelin

The problem I see with Atlantis, Excalibur, Stonehenge et al is that they're too obvious and have been done a jillion times - if not by Indy, then in other films/TV/cartoons/what have you. I think it'd be nice to have an artifact that is slightly obscure, but interesting. (Not that I know of any offhand).

JP Jones

Karen Alan says "They confirmed they were going to shoot in 2011"
Steven Spielberg "Cracked a story"

WHY isn't everybody giddy with excitement. It seems to me that there making indy 5 for sure. I know the cracked story is old news, but I don't get why no one belives this. I'm doing my indy 5 research now. I've got some symptoms of Indy 5 fever.:whip:

Goonie

mr.kotcs said:

WHY isn't everybody giddy with excitement. It seems to me that there making indy 5 for sure.

I think because we're hoping for a more official announcement. I know i'm excited, but, I'm still awaiting a more official announcement, like a presentation at Comic Con or something.

Udvarnoky

mr.kotcs said:

WHY isn't everybody giddy with excitement.

Because all of this stuff is second hand, with no sources. Karen Allen has proven in the past to know even less about in-development Indy stuff as the fans, and Frank Marshall made it clear that Shia's "report" was not nearly as promising as he made it out to be.

None of this stuff we've heard so far is any better than the rumblings about Indy4 that could be heard as far back as 1993. We haven't even heard anything about a screenwriter yet. As an Indy fan I want to get excited, but there's no point in doing so until Lucasfilm puts out their press release. Speculation is fun, but why get your hopes up over rumors? Bottom line is that there has been no official announcement about Indy5, with Lucas' updates always being to the effect of "I'm working on it."

Perhilion

WHY isn't everybody giddy with excitement.
If by "everybody" you mean "everyone outside of the Raven", then it's because they all want the Indy series to lay down and die.
Seriously, every site that reported the story did it in a negative light.

Hanselation

indianajones.com news update is frozen in 2008

Latest news at indianajones.com were dated october 2008.
If they would do anotherone, I think that page would be updated nearly monthly...but it's frozen.

Every month that passed, makes it unbelievable to me, that we will get another Indiana Jones movie.

The Indiana Jones V-Countown is frozen.

Mickiana

A frozen web page and you lose hope?! Come on fella, chin up. Sooner or later someone will come along and unfreeze that page with a hot blast of Indy5 confirmations. Just you wait and see!