TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Old 08-18-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
Moedred
Administrator

McDonald's Monopoly film

The board game corner of the Hasbro Cinematic Universe has no plans beyond Clue, Battleship and Ouija. Suddenly there's a bidding war for this article about how last decade (and much of the 90s) McDonald's Monopoly game security chief Jerome Jacobson pocketed every high value game piece. The odds of winning were always very slim, turns out they were zero. Ben Affleck to direct Matt Damon, with Mark Wahlberg pursuing a parallel project.

It might not come together anytime soon though, like Jonah Hill's production of the Game King video poker bug discovered in 2007 by John Kane and Andre Nestor.

These films may never be as good as their source articles. So if you love real life heists, enjoy them now. Like this one about the life of German heiress Anna Delvey in New York. Just give her a movie deal. I'm not even mad, that's amazing.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:19 PM   #2
TheFedora
IndyFan

I remember reading an article about the Monopoly game scam then reading it was made into a movie just a week after I read that article. It was pretty interesting how one guy was pretty much able to rig the entire thing out of what was supposed to be a secure operation. Even more interesting to read about how the different pieces are supposedly separated widely by geography and of course the ones that you NEEDED to complete your grand prize are the SUPER RARE ones that nobody has.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:59 AM   #3
Moedred
Administrator

Never say never: of course Hasbro Studios has plenty of non-action figure films in the pipeline. Their answer to the Lego Movie is Play-Doh. And Ridley Scott was once attached to Monopoly? This is what comes to mind for Magic the Gathering the Movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
the ones that you NEEDED to complete your grand prize are the SUPER RARE ones
It's no secret, the last property alphabetically in each group is rare. But only McDonald's knows how many pieces are discarded or ignored and never claimed.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:24 PM   #4
Gear
IndyFan

So, it was all really just Craps, like McD's food in general.

.. I'll walk myself out.
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote