Relic to my fan fic novel!!!

Lord Excalibur

Hello, I'm new here and is a great fan of Indy. I'm writing on an own Indy fan fic novel but I need help from you. I'm not a relic professor and so (or a relic hunter also by the way) I really need your help to find a relic that I can use in my fan fic novel. Can you think on something that hasn't been used in the movies or the novels. Hope you can help me!

Lord Excalibur

Good, I can use it for another one of my fan fics. More suggestions? I want a thing with mythical powers that is has a good legend and so on I want many good locations. It can also be a mythical location (like Atlantis, but that has been used). I'm planning to write 5 fan fic novels or shorter fan fics. Now I've got atleast one idea, thanx!

Does Durandal, the sword of the paladin Roland (Also called the Sword of Shame) count as a mythical relic or what?

[Edited by Lord Excalibur on 01-24-2004 at 08:59 am]

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Lord Excalibur said:
Good, I can use it for another one of my fan fics. More suggestions? I want a thing with mythical powers that is has a good legend and so on I want many good locations. It can also be a mythical location (like Atlantis, but that has been used). I'm planning to write 5 fan fic novels or shorter fan fics. Now I've got atleast one idea, thanx!

Does Durandal, the sword of the paladin Roland (Also called the Sword of Shame) count as a mythical relic or what?

[Edited by Lord Excalibur on 01-24-2004 at 08:59 am]

I've never heard of any mythical connection to that particular event, but I'd say go for it anyway. It has potential.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
The Camelot weather report?

The Golden Helmet of Mambrino?

I'm sorry, those don't really help. I'll be serious.

As for locations, I would consider El Dorado, the legendary city of gold. Well, or why not consider something involving Camelot? That always has potential.

Lord Excalibur

Thanx now I got a couple of ideas but I want some ideas of an artifact. Something biblish maybe. Somethin' with mythical powers that the Nazi wants to take and cover the world with darkness with :). Got somethin'? Want exotic locations like Siam, Ceylon, Brasilia, Congo etc.

Lord Excalibur

C'mon!!!

Can someone give a good idea of the description I wrote up there. Atilla, you could help me, eh?

[Edited by Lord Excalibur on 01-25-2004 at 11:14 am]

Pale Horse

Staff member
There's always the Golden Fleece, as hunted by Jason

or the Emerald Tablet of Hermes...both have loose ties to alchemy.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Lord Excalibur said:
C'mon!!!

Can someone give a good idea of the description I wrote up there. Atilla, you could help me, eh?

[Edited by Lord Excalibur on 01-25-2004 at 11:14 am]

Ok, I've been summoned by name, so I promise to think about it. I'll get back to you when I can.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
apalehorse said:
ah, I'm slighted :rolleyes:

Not even a nod to me, Attila ole' buddy?!

Ah, Thanatos, I thought you could be counted on to just jump in whenever you have something to say. Besides, it was a very quick post. :) Anyway...

Cover the world with darkness, eh?

I would look into the Plagues of Egypt. True, Exodus has been done rather well in both Raiders of the Lost Ark and the book Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Sphinx. But still, you're looking for a Biblical darkness thing, and you could easily make up a story about various people who passed down relics at some point after the diaspora, which could be a way to incorporate exotic locations.

Lord Excalibur

Has the Box of Pandora been in the Indy chronology yet? And Atilla it doesn't has to be a bibical relic. I want a relic with mythical powers that the Nazis will be looking for.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Lord Excalibur said:
Has the Box of Pandora been in the Indy chronology yet? And Atilla it doesn't has to be a bibical relic. I want a relic with mythical powers that the Nazis will be looking for.

No, I don't think Pandora's Box has been done...and Greek myths have been surprisingly underdone in the Indy stories.

Pale Horse

Staff member
The Trojan Horse, maybe; or an even better tie in to The Garden of Eden-------> Atalanta and the Golden Apples?