Tomb of the Gods TPB

Lance Quazar

Rocket Surgeon said:
A very poor rendition of the Temple of Doom mine cart reveal...what a shame.

There was some better work inside the comic...

Hey, you're right. It is!

I remember back when I was lambasting this comic a few months ago, I said, "The artwork never resembles Harrison Ford at all."

To rebut me, someone posted an image of one of the comic's panels - which was clearly just a copy of the face from the original "Raiders" poster.

Guess we've discovered their "shortcuts" here....and even when they're copying, the artwork is still mediocre.

I hope they change the cover.

The first two issues both had much better covers. This, along with the news of the Staff of Kings novelization being cancelled, has become a very bad day for Indy news.

Goonie

Why didn't they use the cover from issue #1? It looks so much better.

I'm still trying to track down issue #3. I was going to wait for the TPB, but then I gave in when I saw 3 of the issues on the shelf at the local comic shop.

Lance Quazar

Le Saboteur said:
It's almost as bad as this new "premium format figure" that keeps showing up on my right-side ad bar.

Ugh! I know! It's positively hideous! Bring back Toht for the love of god!

Indy's Fist

I like the cover art. I also agree issue #1 had a better cover. This one is just an artist taking liberty with a familiar picture.

Indy's Fist

By the way what happened at the end of this mini-series? I noticed they changed artists, which was shocking as usually the same artist finishes the entire series.

keylan

That is a horrible cover. I agree the cover for the #1 was much better and that is the cover they should have stuck with.

agentsands77

I finally got ahold of the issues from this series. Honestly, I found it a bit disappointing. I disliked the amount of "wink, wink" moments to Indy fans (I always find those kind of distracting), and I thought the climax to the story was terribly handled.

yodazone

Le Saboteur said:
It's almost as bad as this new "premium format figure" that keeps showing up on my right-side ad bar.

lol...yea, can somebody revamp that section of the site with an updated ad?

That hideous likeness has been there for a year. :sick:

How about hipping up the side ads with something new?!

:whip: :rolleyes:

Indy's Fist

agentsands77 said:
I finally got ahold of the issues from this series. Honestly, I found it a bit disappointing. I disliked the amount of "wink, wink" moments to Indy fans (I always find those kind of distracting), and I thought the climax to the story was terribly handled.

I personally think it fell apart at the end creativly. They got new artists and such, I just don't know what happened.

Hans

It is cool but should be drawn in more detail. but other than that it is really cool.:cool: