General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Dr.Jonesy

Hanselation said:
38th+AFI+Life+Achievement+Award+Honoring+Mike+LMJIIz4tZmKl.jpg

"Hey Steven, how's it going? Just thought I'd remind you that I kissed your wife."

Ska

You know the future of the Indy series is in trouble when the Indy 5 news is Harrison shopping.

Mungi

After seeing these pictures of Ford at the AFI, I'm confident he has at least 5 more years to play Indy. Will they have a script till then? I'm sure they will. :)

Mickiana

I thought there were only hardcore fans of Indiana Jones. Isn't that one of the Indiana Jones Facts: Indiana Jones has no casual fans. They are hardcore or do not exist!

lao che & sons

Mickiana said:
I thought there were only hardcore fans of Indiana Jones. Isn't that one of the Indiana Jones Facts: Indiana Jones has no casual fans. They are hardcore or do not exist!

There are plenty of people I know who love Indy and could be considered a fan, but only have the dvd set and an action figure. Which I wouldn't consider hard core at all, but more casual.

On Indy 5, SDCC starts up today. Think we'll get any news?

michael

lao che & sons said:
There are plenty of people I know who love Indy and could be considered a fan, but only have the dvd set and an action figure. Which I wouldn't consider hard core at all, but more casual.
Careful treading these waters. I would associate the term "hardcore" and "casual" with their knowledge and interest in the character and the films, rather than their collection.

Mungi

lao che & sons said:
On Indy 5, SDCC starts up today. Think we'll get any news?

What news? "He is working on a story/on an idea"?:rolleyes:

I don't think so. But we will see something of Harrison Ford in "Cowboys and Aliens" when Jon Favreau is there on saturday.:)

lao che & sons

michael said:
Careful treading these waters. I would associate the term "hardcore" and "casual" with their knowledge and interest in the character and the films, rather than their collection.

true, I guess I should've stated that most of these fans associate the character toht with "Man in balck". If you say toht, they have no clue. But if you say the guy who wears black from raiders they know instantly. Just as an example.

HJJNR

Hanselation said:
38th+AFI+Life+Achievement+Award+Honoring+Mike+cUi-BqfaVtDl.jpg

At least Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg met in June. I should'nt wonder if they also talked about Indy 5.
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/4oUbBg2aEy1/38th+AFI+Life+Achievement+Award+Honoring+Mike/cUi-BqfaVtD/Harrison+Ford

Indy-Director: Spielberg, Indy-Cinematographer: Kaminski,Indy-Actress: Capshaw, Indy (himself :) ): Ford

38th+AFI+Life+Achievement+Award+Honoring+Mike+AIZrkd8xbBGl.jpg

38th+AFI+Life+Achievement+Award+Honoring+Mike+LMJIIz4tZmKl.jpg

Is it just me or is there a brown hint to Harrisons hair? And the beard stubble, looks like hes ready for indy5 to me. Perhaps a prequel to KOTCS is in the pipeline.

OK OK OK I know that is a long shot but hey... a man has to have hope lol.

Would an Indy movie work if it was set during his days in WW2? :confused:

Montana Smith

HJJNR said:
Is it just me or is there a brown hint to Harrisons hair? And the beard stubble, looks like hes ready for indy5 to me. Perhaps a prequel to KOTCS is in the pipeline.

OK OK OK I know that is a long shot but hey... a man has to have hope lol.

Would an Indy movie work if it was set during his days in WW2? :confused:

Well the shopping pictures seem to show a guy who's been hitting the gym. He always said that after TLC he was keeping himself fit for the next Indy movie, so we could hope that he's doing the same now.

I don't think they'd dare do a prequel, after all the trouble they went to addressing his age in KOTCS.

Silvor

I gotta say, Ford still looks really good.
Compare him to most other actors his age.
It's already been stated by none other than Ridley Scott that Ford has been hitting the gym in preparation for Cowboys & Aliens, not Indy 5 unfortunately.
Still, I have a small hope of a surprise announcement during comic con. Gotta have hope :)

I almost wish they'd said that Indy 4 was the very last one. Then we'd not have to wait and hope for so long for a possible new one.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Silvor said:
I gotta say, Ford still looks really good.
Compare him to most other actors his age.

Clint Eastwood is 80, but he didn't look much younger 10 or 20 years ago. I recently watched True Crime, and Eastwood was really looking old, especially when he was trying to have his way with a much younger woman in the bar.

Eastwood has had trouble passing for a younger character for many years, even though he has the demeanor of a hard as nails older man.

By comparison Harrison is holding up well.

However, Sean Connery is a guy who never seems to age. He looked older than his years when he was the young Bond, so he's aged well. This is a link to the news last year that Connery was returning for Indy V!

http://www.inquisitr.com/38190/sean-connery-is-set-to-return-to-the-‘indiana-jones’-franchise/

Sean-Connery.jpg

Sean-Connery-as-james-bond.jpg

And here's a baby picture of Connery in a nappy:

sean-connery.jpg

Silvor said:
It's already been stated by none other than Ridley Scott that Ford has been hitting the gym in preparation for Cowboys & Aliens, not Indy 5 unfortunately.

Still, I have a small hope of a surprise announcement during comic con. Gotta have hope :)

I didn't know how active a role that was going to be, so I still keep hope that his fitness regime is always for Indy!

Silvor

Jon Favreau, the director of Cowboys & Aliens has stated that he wanted the badass Ford back.
So I have high hopes for quite a active role for Ford in that movie.

It's true that Sean Connery still looks quite good. Though I think he might not be in the best of shape.
I remember him getting out of breath very easily during his AFI Lifetime achievement award ceremony, and that was some years ago now.

Mungi

Silvor said:

But the fact that he will have an action role in this film (it's produced by Spielberg, by the way), doesn't impair the chance for another Indy, does it?:whip:

Silvor

Mungi said:
But the fact that he will have an action role in this film (it's produced by Spielberg, by the way), doesn't impair the chance for another Indy, does it?:whip:

No of course not, I was just trying to clear up a misunderstanding about why Ford has been working out.