Pyramids in Bosnia

IkoJones

Hi ladies and gentlemen,
yesterday I saw a documentary on the TV concerning an interesting dig. Semir Osmanagić claims there have been pyramids built in Europe, in Bosnia to be exact. I found articles about that in Wikipedia and on National Geographic website.
I find this discovery rather interesting, but many archeologists are sceptical. I'd like to know, what do you thing about this.

Regards

Iko

I was willing to give him a look until I read that he attempts to draw a connection between this find and "Atlantis" as if Atlantis was somehow a real historical place...

Just another deluded little diffusionist.....

It's too bad he's likely to destroy real, important archaeological evidence chasing after his pipe-dream....

qwerty

I am actualy in the proces of talking my friends into going there and seing the thing with our own eyes.
Imagine if it was real. Tell me a better Indy-like adventure than that.

IkoJones

Querty, I share your point of view. If that pyramids are really man-made, then I wonder what could be found inside...
Hmm, I would like to give it a look. Keep us informed when you go there. ;)

Ičo

ClintonHammond said:
I was willing to give him a look until I read that he attempts to draw a connection between this find and "Atlantis" as if Atlantis was somehow a real historical place...

He does worse then that, he claims, from the Wiki article anyway, that these were built before the last ice age, meaning 10,000 years ago or more. Then he says that they are the same age as the other pyramids in Egypt and the Americas even though it's been shown that they are not that old.

And these kinds of quotes,
"break a cloud of negative energy, allowing the Earth to receive cosmic energy
make my eyes fall out of my head. I'm really hoping that he doesn't get a chance to excavte these places and leave it to some real archaeologists.

fortuneandglory

I read about this about a week ago. This guy is pretty cooky... I wouldn't take his information too seriously... but I'd like to see some professional excavations there, and some serious conclusions drawn.

phatr32

i had a quick look atthe website a while ago. looks interesting, europe is very old so i wouldnt be suprised if they are as old as egypts pyramids.

i hope they find something great

steve

Brown Fedora

[QUOTE/]And these kinds of quotes, make my eyes fall out of my head. I'm really hoping that he doesn't get a chance to excavte these places and leave it to some real archaeologists.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, as far as I know, the guy's already excavating. There was a blurb about him on "After Dark" (or whatever the old Art Bell show is called, these days), and there has since been some controversy elsewhere, as he's already digging. I think there's even a mention of him in 'Archaeology' Magazine from earlier this year.

It's amazing to me that I'd have a devil of a time getting my hands on, say, a Mithraeum that I've spent three years writing about, but that this guy... *sigh*. Oh well, here's hoping he pulls a Schliemann and actually finds something useful in the process of destroying something -else- useful.
Or maybe we'll get lucky, he won't find anything, and he'll move on to his well earned summer vacation at Von Danniken Land...

-B.F. :rolleyes:

indy34

i think that i would have to there and see for myself before i made my decision but it is interesting even if the guy is a few fries short of a happy meal:p

indy34

ok... i just read up about the pyramids the guy thinks mayans are decendents from atlantis he is defeatly crazy:confused: