First time Watching

chipuk

I remember the first time I saw raiders. I went 'Up Town' with my big sister.

We stood outside the cinema and there was ' Clash of the Titans'

or 'Indiana Jones'. Well at the time to a small boy Harryhousen
monsters were a big deal ( sinbad etc) so in we went.
Couple of hours later out we went. It was okay.

Then my sister said do you fancy watching the other one.
Okay in we went .

I remember the first sequence, and I have never, repeat never had a five minutes like that before. talk about jumping about on my seat

That first time memory will always stick as has IJ stuck with me
from that point forward.

I

Indy's_main_man

The first time I saw Indiana Jones I was about 3 and I walked into my cousins bedroom to find them sitting on the floor huddled around a TV. A man stood looking down into some revine. This turned out to be Indy taking the leap of faith. I was really taken with it and the next day we rented TOD and Raiders

grumpus

hmmmm, all i remember is i rented all three, and watched them all day, everyday until they were do back. then i would do it again. i really didnt have a social life during those periods i must say.

I remeber the first time I saw Raiders. My grandparents got me a copy for my birthday and I wached it three times that day.From then on I was hooked.

LaoChe

I saw TOD first. My dad took me. That summer i went back and saw it five different times each with different family members, all the while saying 'Hey, I've never seen that one" so they would take me.

It was awesome.

When I visited my cousin and told her about this awesome movie I saw, she went into detail describing Raiders of the Lost ark for me. Drawings and all, describing the climax of the film to utter detail.

I rented it the first chance I could - and was blown away! (She never mentioned the germans melting or exploding!!)

I remember being the first one to learn the Last Crusade was coming out. No one would believe me. Then, six months later the previews started hitting the theatres and television - "Spend your summer keeping up with the Joneses!"

"It shows Indy as a kid!" my friends would say, and I couldn't freakin' wait!

I've since seen them all an uncountable amount of times.

These movies are the best!

grumpus

sheesh my family makes fun of me for all the times I've watched these great movies. I just keep coming back for more Indy, i cant get enough

Ivo

I saw it in the theater when it first came out. I was 9 or 10 years old at the time. Back then they still sold commemorative programs for some movies and I picked one up.

I'm still cursing myself to this day for not holding onto it!

chipuk

It's a shame, a couple of house moves and stuff goes missing
or in the wrong pile to the rubbish tip.

Its nice to see some of it turn up a toy fairs and such.
Brings back a touch of nostalga

spohlso

I saw Raiders when it first came out at the theater down the street from my house. It was playing along with a Roger Moore "James Bond" movie.

I went with my best friend Bill who had already seen it. He said it was so good he didn't mind seeing it again at all. I couldn't believe how damned good that movie was! I was totally blown away! We wound up staying through the Bond film and watching Raiders again when it came back on after. (They never used to check that theater between shows.)

I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Got Pi?

The first movie I saw in the trilogy was Temple of Doom. I was really little and I was watching it on the TV. I saw the entire mine cart chase and the rope bridge scene. I liked the movie, but I never really got into the trilogy until about a year or two ago when I rented all three movies and watched them because I had nothing better to do. From then on, I've been hooked on the movies.

ElodieJones

It was my birthday, in 2002.
Since a long time I would watch Insdiana Jones films.
And this day, on televison, I have see "Indiana Jones and the Temple of doom".

First I have think that it's like James Bond. (because the scene in bar).
But after, I have really love this film.
Since this day I am a fan of Indiana Jones.

LostArkFan81

I was 6 years old when my parents took me to see Raiders in 1981 along with many of their college friends including professors and students. I thought For Your Eyes Only was funny that summer and laughed, but Raiders scared me tremendously. I remember screaming during the scene where the Ark's power melts and burns up the Nazi army, and hiding my face in my dad's arms and refusing to look up even after the scene was over. By the time we got our first video cassette recorder during Christmas 1985 I went back to Raiders and became a fan while renting it several times and eventually getting it for a future Christmas. The Temple of Doom took me longer to get into, and my dad wasn't pleased by all the reports of the films grossness like the dinner scene or heart tearing out part so he never took us to see the film. We rented TOD when it came to video and I felt disappointed because it wasn't as powerful as Raiders and also because I had heard too much about it by that point. TOD however would also wind up in my video collection and now I worship the second film as much as the first. The Last Crusade was a wonderful experience to see in May 1989 with my cousins and quickly became a favorite of mine, though it is my least favorite today for reasons I'll mention in other threads. I still think it is the second best film that came out during the summer of 1989 with Licence To Kill still my favorite picture from that period.

Katarn07

I had to be 3 years old. I'd stay over at a neighbor's house with my sisters since both of my parents worked, and Raiders was one of the movies we'd always watch. I remember we'd call it 'the Spider Movie' because of the opening scene where Indy and Satipo have the spiders on their backs. I was a bit too young to really appreciate it then but I do remember seeing LC with my dad soon afterwards. He got a previewed copy from Blockbuster. I loved it so much he got RotLA and ToD from McDonalds a year later and I've used those tapes so often they're all worn out. Thank God the DVDs came :p

im think the first indiana jones movie i saw was tod, when it was shown on tv. i think i was about 7 or 8 or something. i remember thinking short round was awsome. i recorded it and watched it over and over. i actually had the casette and the book of raiders some time before i got to watch the movies. me and my best friend at the time (it was him that gave me the indiana jones casette/book) formed an indiana jones club (among all the other clubs we had. the ninja club, the tmnt club etc). we played all the games on amiga. i even made the entire raiders in lego. good times.