Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 04-14-2008, 06:59 AM   #26
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by torao
Absolutely what I think. I don't get the panic of this thread. At all. Also I have problems comprehending why that panic deserved an own thread despite there already being one on that matter.

Maybe it's more frustration than panic. April has been a sloooooow month so far...
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:32 AM   #27
ReggieSnake
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by torao
Absolutely what I think. I don't get the panic of this thread. At all. Also I have problems comprehending why that panic deserved an own thread despite there already being one on that matter.
Agreed; personally, I'm fine just waiting a month for the release of the movie.

I'd be excited to see another trailer, but at the same time I don't want to know much more about the movie than what I know already.
ReggieSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #28
deckard24
IndyFan

A new trailer is a must, and I'm fairly confident we'll get one soon!

With Lucas behind the marketing campaign, I'm sure there will be at least an official trailer followed by several more TV spots, as we move further into the summer and the film has been out for a while!

The funny thing is the emphasis on the Indy trailers has never been great by Lucas and Co.. At least not like he did with the Star Wars prequels, which are some of the best trailers I've seen. The Indy trailers have always been so-so, fun and campy in a retro/humorous way, but not great polished trailers. The KOTCS teaser is by far the best looking of all the Indy trailers, I mean just compare that with the LC teaser which was a making-of video!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #29
snake_surprise
IndyFan

I love that clip...one of my favorites.

Hilarious how they used their star power (Ford, Lucas, Spielberg) to market the movie.

Last time that was really utilized in terms of icons behind the camera utilized in marketing campaigns was with Hitchcock. Most of his stuff shows him more than Grant, Stewart, Kelly, et. al.
snake_surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:01 PM   #30
Blue Jay
IndyFan

i thought it was a clever idea for a teaser! it had some fun in it. i guess that this teaser was shown at an very early stage during the production.
Blue Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:10 PM   #31
Yure
IndyFan

Paramount will release a full trailer, the market needs it in many ways. Even the biggest hero who needs no presentation must undergo an industrial process before he gets to the teathres. A full teaser/trailer path should reveal the main plot device, introduce the characters. For Indy character description has done in the teaser (and they HAD to do it, even if he's so well-known) in the very beginning, so in the full trailer they'll probably show the sidekicks and the main challenge.

It also will feature a lot of dialogue, and there's a specific reason: trailers are also broadcast on the radio, just picture how it would be to air the actual teaser on the radio
Yure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:14 PM   #32
crowmagnumman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Ticket
A bunch of my friends think the original trailer was lame. And I kind of agree in the sense that I think it could have been done a lot better. I'm wanting to see this second trailer... because I think it WILL be a lot better.

I kind of agree. The trailer could have been done much better. I don't want to be spoiled much more, but if they do a second trailer it could be an improvement.
crowmagnumman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:54 PM   #33
IrishLuck1980
IndyFan

To be honest, the fact that it's almost a month away from release and we have no Trailer, kinda tells me all we're getting from this point on are TV Spots. Which in-itself is ridiculous. The Teaser was great, but the fact that half of it was a rehash of the previous 3 Indy films kinda pissed me off.
IrishLuck1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:11 PM   #34
mr.wolf
IndyFan

i believe that since the film is now complete coming from the news from John Williams about the final reel being sent out and ready for print, we'll be getting a trailer anytime now.
mr.wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #35
blueseattle
IndyFan

New trailer should be out this week or next... at least word of it.

My two cents.
blueseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #36
mr.wolf
IndyFan

ya i'm kinda getting that feeling as well, with the way John Williams stated, it felt kinda like they wanted to get whatever was on the final reel done, so they could maybe put it into the trailer.
mr.wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:49 PM   #37
Dr. Indy Jones
IndyFan

Found this today:

Quote:
Update: Iron Man to Open Early? New Indy Trailer
Source: Edward Douglas
March 11, 2008

UPDATE: ComingSoon.net has confirmed with Paramount Pictures that the domestic release date is still May 2.

ComingSoon.net will have a full write-up of the presentations made by the various studio's international distribution arms at ShoWest's International Day, but some potentially interesting information was leaked by Andrew Cripps, President of Paramount Pictures International, when he announced that Iron Man, the studio's summer kick-off and first movie in their partnership with Marvel Studios, will be released Day-and-Date internationally on April 30, two days before the domestic U.S. release.

Now most people might remember that Iron Man has long staked a claim on the release date of May 2, 2008, almost since it was announced, and it seems odd that Paramount might release the movie two days earlier in other markets, although it's not unheard of. (Maybe this writer is misremembering but they might have done that with Mission: Impossible III a few years ago.) It's more likely that they realized how much anticipation there'll be for the movie and decided to try a similar strategy they did with Michael Bay's Transformers last year, where the release date kept being moved earlier and earlier until it had screenings on Monday night, building up word-of-mouth for its first weekend. If Paramount does plan to release the movie a few days earlier, possibly with preview screenings on Wednesday or Thursday, expect that announcement to be made very soon.

After showing the teaser trailer and talking about the marketing for George Lucas and Steven Spielberg's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Cripps also told the audience of mostly international exhibitors that there would be a new trailer for the movie sometime in April, presumably with Iron Man, as if anyone who went to see that superhero movie wouldn't know that Indy's back! Earlier that day, Cripps wouldn't comment when a moderator at a seminar tried getting him to confirm that the new Indy movie would premiere at this year's Cannes Film Festival in early May

Source
Dr. Indy Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:35 AM   #38
Indy_Chic
IndyFan

Interesting find! I really hope the second trailer is released soon or I will go crazy...
Indy_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:12 AM   #39
Mutt Williams
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_Chic
Interesting find! I really hope the second trailer is released soon or I will go crazy...

Already posted on page 2.

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost....4&postcount=23
Mutt Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #40
blueseattle
IndyFan

They say.. "sometime in April" and "presumably with Iron Man" yet Iron Man is in May.

I'm thinking it'll get released in April online and attached in theaters later on May 2nd, which means sometime that last week in April.
blueseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #41
bergstrom
IndyFan

I hope I speak for everyone here when I say,

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HURRY UP WITH THE FRIGGIN TRAILER, WILL YA".

Berg
bergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #42
Deckard
IndyFan

It's coming, I don't want it too soon, I think about 20 days before the movie drops is fine. It took one weekend for the first trailer to get all kinds of hit and feedback, you don't need this one being out for a while and getting stale like the teaser. I want a fresh tease, and a short wait to the real deal, don't hit me w/ too many TV commercials and over do it either.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #43
EyesofMara
IndyFan

I want a trailer to show why Marion is even in this film. Ill I've seen is her doing is crashing a truck and running.
EyesofMara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #44
Avilos
IndyFan

http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...on_man_trailer

This is an Onion parody about the excitement about the Iron Man trailer! Everyone needs to watch this.
Avilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #45
commontone
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avilos
http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...on_man_trailer

This is an Onion parody about the excitement about the Iron Man trailer! Everyone needs to watch this.

Hilarious. The Onion is one of the most brilliant things (in all its guises) on the planet, IMO.

The world-wide idiom shortage has reached the crisis stage in this country, leaving Americans two winks short of an icicle...

"It's a total oyster carnival. I can't think of any other way to describe it."
commontone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:19 PM   #46
scifiwolf
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
It's coming, I don't want it too soon, I think about 20 days before the movie drops is fine. It took one weekend for the first trailer to get all kinds of hit and feedback, you don't need this one being out for a while and getting stale like the teaser. I want a fresh tease, and a short wait to the real deal, don't hit me w/ too many TV commercials and over do it either.
Agreed. Three weeks is perfect, and that is right at the end of April with Iron Man, exactly as we were told.
scifiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #47
Rayder
IndyFan

I wouldn't expect the trailer to be out until July with the way they delayed things in the past
Rayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:25 PM   #48
The Man
IndyFan

Perhaps they'll show the trailer just before the film it's advertising. Better late than never...
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:31 PM   #49
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

The second Indy 4 trailer will be shown with Mutt Williams and the Streetcar Named Desire.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:37 PM   #50
herr gruber

Maybe we should all get together and gather outside Lucasfilm chanting We don't want your lousy trailer! In a fit of anger, Lucas releases it to spite us.
herr gruber is offline   Reply With Quote