TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 04-29-2008, 12:33 AM   #26
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Maybe I have no taste, but Indy getting married isn't lame to me. Alright an actual wedding scene literally, possibly lame, but if implied or enough info like that source's version of Indy and Marion riding off into the sunset type thing works for me and has the film end in a humble personal way, that the others had ended too.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:38 AM   #27
agentsands77
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
Maybe I have no taste, but Indy getting married isn't lame to me.
It isn't lame to me, either. I like the idea well enough. I always figured Indy would eventually settle down (and ideally with Marion, as KINGDOM would have it).
agentsands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #28
Sankara

In a few weeks we will laugh about this stuff! And you will say: "Yes! Sankara was right! All the time!"

Sankara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:43 AM   #29
agentsands77
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankara
In a few weeks we will laugh about this stuff! And you will say: "Yes! Sankara was right! All the time!"
I think it'll be the other way around. Are you going to want ice cream with your slice of humble pie?
Old 04-29-2008, 12:45 AM   #30
Agent Z
IndyFan

I can deal with a wedding at the end, especially if Chewbacca gets the medal placed around his neck once more....

*sniffle*
Agent Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:48 AM   #31
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
*VI tries reaching for the frying pan from the kitchen shelf. It's too high*

Oh, screw it. Some people will never learn.

Anyway... I do hope by the end of KOTCS, those two will get together, even if there is no wedding/ implied marriage ending. What can I say, I'm a female and a Marion fan so you know, that is kinda my ideal ending...
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:49 AM   #32
agentsands77
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
Anyway... I do hope by the end of KOTCS, those two will get together, even if there is no wedding/ implied marriage ending.
The DK book implies that their adventure together reignites their romance in the process, so I think you're in luck!

Last edited by agentsands77 : 04-29-2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:11 AM   #33
Agent Z
IndyFan

I do hope that Indy and Marion ride off into the sunset at the end...literally and/or figuratively.

I would also like to express my gratitude for short women and/or tall kitchen shelves....
Old 04-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #34
donufro
IndyFan

I like the simple ending like in Raiders when they just go off for a drink. Ideally for me, it would be the same this time around - something to imply they have a relationship but nothing as as concrete as marriage. Something subtle to give closure, but also leave things open. That's totally Indy.

That said, if they do get married in the movie, I still wouldn't hate it, because they would finally "finish" the Raiders scene in Katanga's cabin. They would finally get a break.

Btw: Does it ever say in an Indy chronology that he gets married? Or married to Marion for that matter? If the screenwriters stick to the canon, all we have to do is look at the chronology to find out what happens. This site's ends at 1950. Are there any others?

Last edited by donufro : 04-29-2008 at 11:46 AM.
donufro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #35
Agent Spalko

Quote:
Originally Posted by donufro
I like the simple ending like in Raiders when they just go off for a drink. Ideally for me, it would be the same this time around - something to imply they have a relationship but nothing as as concrete as marriage. Something subtle to give closure, but also leave things open. That's totally Indy.

That said, if they do get married in the movie, I still wouldn't hate it. Because they would finally finish the scene they left off in Raiders in Katanga's cabin. They would finally get a break.

I agree. I prefer subtlety as opposed to the obvious, especially if they imply that Mutt is the love-child of Indy and Marion after they shared that drink together. Dear God, please, no wedding bells.
Agent Spalko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #36
scifiwolf
IndyFan

What I want to know is, who the Hell wears a hat at a wedding? It's in such bad taste, even for Indy's gray hat. That right there should be enough to negate that aspect of a wedding scene. In three movies we've had three endings with Indy wearing the hat. If he can't end the movie without the hat, then the movie wono't end with a wedding.
scifiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #37
Agent Z
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf
What I want to know is, who the Hell wears a hat at a wedding? It's in such bad taste, even for Indy's gray hat. That right there should be enough to negate that aspect of a wedding scene. In three movies we've had three endings with Indy wearing the hat. If he can't end the movie without the hat, then the movie wono't end with a wedding.

Where was it mentioned that he wears a hat at the wedding itself? If you are referring to the ending of the hat blowing off Indy's head and over to Mutt's feet, well, I think that is post-ceremony and while they are driving/walking/horseback-riding away.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:43 PM   #38
scifiwolf
IndyFan

Why would he be leaving the wedding with a hat if he didn't wear it to the wedding in the first place? I'm not saying my logic is airtight, but it follows a certain sensibility. I just don't think we really know what Steve, George, and David have in store for us.
scifiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #39
spiralout
IndyFan

Quote:

Who says he wears a hat? If there is a wedding, I think he'll be dressed like this.
spiralout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #40
Agent Spalko

Who said anything about it being a traditional wedding? For all we know it could have been a ceremony performed by the Ugha Chieftan.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #41
spiralout
IndyFan

Quote:
Why would he be leaving the wedding with a hat if he didn't wear it to the wedding in the first place? I'm not saying my logic is airtight, but it follows a certain sensibility. I just don't think we really know what Steve, George, and David have in store for us.

When people go indoors, they remove their hats, when they go back outside they put them back on.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:49 PM   #42
Agent Z
IndyFan

Quote:

Well, I should have clarified that by "post-ceremony", I meant well after...like the next day or so. I mean, I agree, it would be an awkward ending if they have to space it out that way. If you're going to have a wedding at the end, it should probably end right at the point, but I'm stretching to make it fit, and your bringing up the awkwardness of shoehorning the hat scene in is a good point that makes me think that one (wedding) or the other (hat flying off) may happen, but not both.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:49 PM   #43
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout
Who says he wears a hat? If there is a wedding, I think he'll be dressed like this.

Is that Hurt and LaBeouf? I never noticed that before.
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #44
spiralout
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
Is that Hurt and LaBeouf? I never noticed that before.

Yup, that's them.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:53 PM   #45
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout
Yup, that's them.

Damn, you're sharp! Anyway, maybe this final scene has Mutt return to college. That plot-point was mentioned somewhere on here before. There's a strange finality to a wedding.
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #46
Hedwig
IndyFan

John Hurt has shaved his beard and moustache... Hmm... Does it have a meaning? Hmm... And Shia too...
Hedwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #47
spiralout
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
Damn, you're sharp! Anyway, maybe this final scene has Mutt return to college. That plot-point was mentioned somewhere on here before. There's a strange finality to a wedding.

That could be true, because Indy's outfit looks like it could be his professor clothes.

So maybe Oxley and Indy go back to teaching, and Mutt becomes a student.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #48
Agent Spalko

I still don't like the fact that they changed it from Abner to Oxley. I was perfectly content with having him be Marion's father and would have resolved one of the plotlines of Raiders but now he's just another new character.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #49
Shortie
IndyFan

That's Broadbent. Hurt's another character altogether.

I can totally see the wedding now:
Willie: Indyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Shortie: You call him Doctah Jones doll!
Sallah: INDEE!
Henry: Juniah!
*Cues to a comedic version of the theme*
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #50
Agent Spalko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie
That's Broadbent. Hurt's another character altogether.

I can totally see the wedding now:
Willie: Indyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Shortie: You call him Doctah Jones doll!
Sallah: INDEE!
Henry: Juniah!
*Cues to a comedic version of the theme*

That's pretty much how that scene plays out in the SMFM script. You pretty much nailed it.