TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
ScarfaceJoker
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 25
Indy rated 12A in the UK!

As the title says, KotCS has been rated 12A in the UK for "Moderate adventure violence and scary scenes".

Yep basically the same descriptor as the MPAA.

Linkage

Now the BBFC have a more detailed description, which has since been taken down from the site, but someone at the IMDb copied it - beware some spoilers (nothing astronomical in terms of spoilers, but a couple of scenes we in the spoiler forum are aware of are confirmed)!

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
Action/Adventure
The intrepid explorer and archaeologist is pressed back into action, this time getting entangled in a Soviet plot to uncover the secrets behind the mythical and awesomely powerful ancient Crystal Skulls.

'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' is the fourth instalment in the popular series. It shows the archeologist-adventurer, played by Harrison Ford, race against Russians to seek out mystical crystal skulls that hold the secrets to an ancient civilisation. The film was passed '12A' for moderate action violence and scary scenes. The film also contains mild language, some focus on weapons and potentially dangerous imitable behaviour.

There are two scary sequences in particular that were felt to be too prolonged and intense to be acceptable at anything below '12A' levels.

The first sees a Russian soldier consumed by a swarm of large ants who cover him from head to toe and then drag him underground into their nest. The second sees an army scientist consumed by flames that begin in her eyes sockets and quickly grow to take over her entire body. There are some further scary scenes set in burial chambers, with sight of mummified remains, and a scene of threat in which a character trapped in quicksand is rescued by grasping onto a snake.


There are several scenes involving action violence as Indy battles with the Russian soldiers, with a number of heavy blows being exchanged - one character is seen with a bloody mouth after being punched. Furthermore, the character of Mutt, a 1950s-style Teddy Boy, carries with him a weapon - a flick-knife - which is focussed upon throughout the film although it is never seen being used to inflict injury.

One scene sees Jones escape the effects of a nuclear blast at a test site by hiding in a disused 1950s fridge. The potential for dangerous imitability is limited by another character later warning Jones about the dangers of hiding in such a place.


Mild language in the film includes uses of 'hell', 'son-of-a-*****', *beep* 'bloody' and *beep*

Last edited by ScarfaceJoker : 05-06-2008 at 03:38 PM.
ScarfaceJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
The Man
IndyFan
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Mola Ram School Of Cardiology
Posts: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarfaceJoker
As the title says, KotCS has been rated 12A in the UK for "Moderate adventure violence and scary scenes".

Yep basically the same descriptor as the MPAA.

Linkage

Now the BBFC have a more detailed description, which has since been taken down from the site, but someone at the IMDb copied it - beware some spoilers (nothing astronomical in terms of spoilers, but a couple of scenes we in the spoiler forum are aware of are confirmed)!

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
Action/Adventure
The intrepid explorer and archaeologist is pressed back into action, this time getting entangled in a Soviet plot to uncover the secrets behind the mythical and awesomely powerful ancient Crystal Skulls.

'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' is the fourth instalment in the popular series. It shows the archeologist-adventurer, played by Harrison Ford, race against Russians to seek out mystical crystal skulls that hold the secrets to an ancient civilisation. The film was passed '12A' for moderate action violence and scary scenes. The film also contains mild language, some focus on weapons and potentially dangerous imitable behaviour.

There are two scary sequences in particular that were felt to be too prolonged and intense to be acceptable at anything below '12A' levels.

The first sees a Russian soldier consumed by a swarm of large ants who cover him from head to toe and then drag him underground into their nest. The second sees an army scientist consumed by flames that begin in her eyes sockets and quickly grow to take over her entire body. There are some further scary scenes set in burial chambers, with sight of mummified remains, and a scene of threat in which a character trapped in quicksand is rescued by grasping onto a snake.


There are several scenes involving action violence as Indy battles with the Russian soldiers, with a number of heavy blows being exchanged - one character is seen with a bloody mouth after being punched. Furthermore, the character of Mutt, a 1950s-style Teddy Boy, carries with him a weapon - a flick-knife - which is focussed upon throughout the film although it is never seen being used to inflict injury.

One scene sees Jones escape the effects of a nuclear blast at a test site by hiding in a disused 1950s fridge. The potential for dangerous imitability is limited by another character later warning Jones about the dangers of hiding in such a place.


Mild language in the film includes uses of 'hell', 'son-of-a-*****', *beep* 'bloody' and *beep*

Flaming eye-sockets? Possessive ants? Yummy! But what's *beep*? Is it sh!t?
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
-Jones-
IndyFan
 
-Jones-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
Flaming eye-sockets? Possessive ants? Yummy! But what's *beep*? Is it sh!t?

f... ? :P :P
-Jones- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
QBComics
IndyFan
 
QBComics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarfaceJoker
The first sees a Russian soldier consumed by a swarm of large ants who cover him from head to toe and then drag him underground into their nest. The second sees an army scientist consumed by flames that begin in her eyes sockets and quickly grow to take over her entire body. There are some further scary scenes set in burial chambers, with sight of mummified remains, and a scene of threat in which a character trapped in quicksand is rescued by grasping onto a snake.


Awesome!!
QBComics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #5
The Man
IndyFan
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Mola Ram School Of Cardiology
Posts: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBComics
Awesome!!

Awesome, indeed! But who...
warns Indy regarding the fridge fiasco?
Somebody sane, I suspect...
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:47 PM   #6
crowmagnumman
IndyFan
 
crowmagnumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 152
Holy cow. I like the sound of some of that stuff. Very awesome.
crowmagnumman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
ScarfaceJoker
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 25
Of course what is annoying about this is that 2 more people have seen the film before us - and got paid for it!

Tremendously unfair...
ScarfaceJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #8
Dr Jones
IndyFan
 
Dr Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 170
Nice to hear about that!


Seems more 'Raiders' in sense of what we will see happen to people!

Dr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #9
scifiwolf
IndyFan
 
scifiwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 236
This seems like it will have the tone of Raiders, with some of the darkness of Temple, and character beats of Crusade - essentially the best the franchise had to offer, all rolled into one movie!

scifiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #10
Indy Smith
IndyFan
 
Indy Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 347
12A is basically the PG-13 rating over here.
Indy Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #11
IndyCon
IndyFan
 
IndyCon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 108
I was almost certain when it was rated PG-13 in the US that it would be 12A here in the UK.
IndyCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:48 AM   #12
The Man
IndyFan
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Mola Ram School Of Cardiology
Posts: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
Awesome, indeed! But who...
warns Indy regarding the fridge fiasco?
Somebody sane, I suspect...


INT. STANFORTH'S OFFICE - DAY

Indy
I tell ya, Charlie, I was crammed in there like a turkey. The door shut and the next thing I know I'm back in the desert.

Stanforth
...Huh?

Indy
Yeah, I thought using that dinghy as a parachute was nuts, but-

Stanforth
A fridge? That's the dumbest f**kin' dumbass thing I've ever heard! Jesus, you're history's greatest hero...and you hide in a...fr... You know, Jones, Agent Taylor was onto something. You are hanging with a bad crowd. It's that Lucas, isn't it?

Indy
Go easy on me, Charlie, it's been a brutal couple of years. First Dad, then Marcus...

Stanforth
If they were alive now they'd hit the floor stone-dead with shame. Clear the desk, Jones, you're fired.

Indy
But-

Stanforth
Oh, and that poindexter who's been following you around all the day? Take him with you or I'll jam that Harley handlebars first up his ass!
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:19 AM   #13
GlasgowChivas
IndyFan
 
GlasgowChivas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 91
The second sees an army scientist consumed by flames that begin in her eyes sockets and quickly grow to take over her entire body.



Guess this is Spalko, right?
GlasgowChivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:21 AM   #14
The Man
IndyFan
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Mola Ram School Of Cardiology
Posts: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasgowChivas
The second sees an army scientist consumed by flames that begin in her eyes sockets and quickly grow to take over her entire body.



Guess this is Spalko, right?

I guess it is. I missed the
"her"
part of that sentence.
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #15
Ste2652
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarfaceJoker
One scene sees Jones escape the effects of a nuclear blast at a test site by hiding in a disused 1950s fridge. The potential for dangerous imitability is limited by another character later warning Jones about the dangers of hiding in such a place.

Now logically, who's going to imitate that? Last I heard,
nuclear bombs
weren't that easy to get hold of... it makes mimicking that scene rather difficult!
Ste2652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #16
Spriggan Jones
IndyFan
 
Spriggan Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste2652
Now logically, who's going to imitate that? Last I heard,
nuclear bombs
weren't that easy to get hold of... it makes mimicking that scene rather difficult!

Yeah but hopping into a fridge isn't. And that's something a kid could imitate especially after seeing Old Indy doing.
Spriggan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:50 PM   #17
Sandindy
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15
Ahhh soo tempted to highlight but muuuust not.
Sandindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.