New behind the scenes featurette "Indy arrives" on official site!!!!

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator's note!

Now, as we have a large thread to harbor all of those tv-spots, I think we should actually use it to talk about them...or link to direct downloads. :) I just moved your posts over there, Jones & The Man.

So. Concerning that featurette. Harrison Ford is a good looking man.

Last edited:

Kingsley

I like these backstage videos, though they don't show very much. Precisely, I don't want to be spoiled anymore. I think I will see Mac's "Jonesy" in the theater. Enough is enough!

The Grail Knight music is sooo cool.

MarxBrosFan

Wow, I didn't realize how many TV spots had been released! Number 8 is awesome. Does anyone think Indy's house looks a little like Henry Jones Sr.'s house in Last Crusade?

Euwhipides

Very Cool Featurette

What I want more than anything is to go out and just do a little whipcraft with Harrison Ford. That would be so sweet. Oh, to be a fly on the wall when he first walked onto set and cracked his whip.

The music was very evocative. Speaking of such, it would be awesome just to have John Williams music follow you around whenever you're out cracking!

:whip:

P.S. Why can't I get an avatar? Do you have to post a certain number of times first?

James

Kingsley said:
I like these backstage videos, though they don't show very much. Precisely, I don't want to be spoiled anymore.

Yeah, I like the approach they've taken on the official site. The videos get you psyched, but without really giving anything away.

I thought I was doing well in terms of spoilers, but the new merchandise is starting to let all kinds of things out of the bag. I'm also beginning to worry that I may have screwed myself by reading those Monkey King and Saucermen scripts a couple years back.

I've finally realised that I actually think Shia will be great in this movie. The scene in the TV spot where he's in Indy's house. " You fight pretty good for an old guy" or whatever he says. He's gonna be great as a greaser.

Tsar

herr gruber said:
I've finally realised that I actually think Shia will be great in this movie. The scene in the TV spot where he's in Indy's house. " You fight pretty good for an old guy" or whatever he says. He's gonna be great as a greaser.

I agree. At first I was very apprehensive toward Shia, but with every new footage of him that I see, I like him more and more.

indyjones2131

Ya know? These spots are great. There's a new Indiana Jones film coming out in two weeks and I still can't believe it. Thought it would have sank in by now. I've seen his face on Dr. Pepper, Burger King, Rice Crispies, etc and its GREAT! but still it hasn't really hit me that my favorite movie series of all time is back. New dialog, new names and places, new adventure. Its like a weird dream. These new tv spots just cement the fact that we are in for something special indeed.

My advice? Savor it. It may not happen again.

scifiwolf

indyjones2131 said:
Am I missing something?

Why and when does Shia look "high as a kite?"
In the new behind the scenes video on the OS. If I were standing next to Harrison Ford on an Indy set, I'd be sky high, too. Throw in the fact that he's also next to him in front of the cameras, and that equals some kind of happy that we can only dream about.

deckard24

herr gruber said:
I'm definitely starting to come around where Shia is concerned. I've always liked him in other films, I've just been skeptical of him in KOTCS. I guess you could call it just call it being overprotective of the Indy series, and worried his presence might effect the final product of KOTCS. The more I see of him though, the more I like his addition to the film. Granted it's only TV spots and trailers, so this could all change come 5/22! LOL

But... I don't think so!

Not to mention, the crappy reviews from C.H.U.D. and others are really starting to seem unvalidated. Yeah we're only getting snippets, and let's not forgot Lucas made The Phantom Menace look good in the trailers. But this time, I really don't think we need to worry.

Darth Bork

deckard24 said:
I'm definitely starting to come around where Shia is concerned. I've always liked him in other films, I've just been skeptical of him in KOTCS. I guess you could call it just call it being overprotective of the Indy series, and worried his presence might effect the final product of KOTCS.

Well one things for sure, he ain't gonna be no Jar Jar Binks

deckard24 said:
Yeah we're only getting snippets, and let's not forgot Lucas made The Phantom Menace look good in the trailers. But this time, I really don't think we need to worry.

To be honest, it was obvious, looking back, that TPM was gonna suck, it's just we were too blind with excitement and naive to what was going on. I mean Jar Jar in that trailer is clearly annoying, and Mutt is no where near his equivalent. So I think we are safe in that department...maybe......

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6iIzDJ1o0Ow&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6iIzDJ1o0Ow&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Dr Jones

Eeesh, watching that teaser, now you really CAN see how slapstick and 'different' the Star Wars saga was taking, but behind the excitement it was lost.

However, being a fan of all Lucas projects, 'KOTCS' doesn't seem to disguise any daft moments or slapstick elements, just the pure thrill of adventure with modern touches,not hidden away in there.

:D

And man, did anyone else feel a lump in their throat watching that Indy On Set video? Mixed with that beautiful music and the footage of Steven on set with Harrison, and of course Indy as a character coming alive... we've missed that man for the last 19 years.

:eek:

(y)

IndyCon

Shia LaBeouf

On the Shia subject I've become a bit of a fan of his with Transformers and Disturbia and I?m really looking forward to his performance in Kingdom and also I agree with Spielberg there's something about him I think he can go on and do great things in acting.

Indy4fan

Darth Bork said:
To be honest, it was obvious, looking back, that TPM was gonna suck, it's just we were too blind with excitement and naive to what was going on. I mean Jar Jar in that trailer is clearly annoying, and Mutt is no where near his equivalent. So I think we are safe in that department...maybe......

I'm one of the few who cheered for TPM before and after its release. It's a great film. :)