General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters
The Professor said:
TinTin is a comic series from the 30s and 40s about a boy and his dog. They're detective stories, as far as I know.

Will the Berg Nuke the Fridge in this one as well?

1976_movie_poster_for_the_movie_%27a_boy_and_his_dog%27.jpg

lancetoris

tnswman said:
I get worried when I hear fans say they’re expecting something different that will change their lives. This is 'Indiana Jones' just as you remember him."

This is where Lucas fails, time and time again. He really thinks KotCS was TRUE Indiana Jones?! Wow, I really couldn't disagree more.

I had NO expectations for this film, certainly not by comparison to the previous three other than exactly what Lucas points out - I wanted Indiana Jones just as I remembered him.

But he's not there in KotCS. He seems like a bystander through a lot of the film. He seemed less fearless. But this wasn't because it was WRITTEN that way (due to age or whatever), it's because it was poorly written fundamentally.

When did Indy use his ingenuity to outwit the bad guys? When did he really take command of a situation? When did he get giddy with glee at the prospect of discovering something no one else had?

Sorry, but IMO, but if this is the best that Lucas can come up with to showcase Indiana Jones "just as we remember him", I really do fear what damage he would do with a fifth film.

Indy4fan

Cuban commies (1959-revolution--release date 2011) will probably be the villains in V and russians in VI to conclude the new trilogy. In VI Russians and Cubans unite.

katanga

Indy belongs in the 1930 to 1950 in my opinion. "Mutt" will only have rolls in the 60's and further on. Like "Mutt in Vietnam", "Mutt and the Hippies" or "Mutt Williams lands on the Moon". Indy is not Forrest Gump (Thinking of the areaXX, explosion and ending of Indy 4). Come on, if Indy 5 will be done, then please a prequel like "ToD", in 1955 or something like that, or at the most a movie that begins where indy 4 ended. Why don't they get an actor (if harrison doesnt want to) that could be a new Indy, and make movies in the 1940's-1950's.

Melesse

poorbusker said:
I know that Spielberg is filming a movie called Titin or something like that in New Zealand this September and supposedly is going to be filmed in 40 days or something like that. My gut feeling is if Indy 5 happens it will be announced around Christmas, when the DVD for KotCS is released, filmed Summer 2009 and released Summer 2010.

I mean I think we can all agree that if Indy 5 is going to happen, the rumors of a script and such need to start coming in the next few months, because if it doesn't happen soon...it isn't going to happen at all.

Hopefuly summer 2009. But Im not so sure that if they dont do it then that they wont have one, I mean how long did it take to come out with KotCS?

IndyJr.

I really have no problem with George Lucas demoting HIS character to 2nd role. It's his idea in HIS film. Who are we to demand this and that in his film? Yes, the film's to please us and we can have our opinion that may sometimes be heard, but in the end it's HIS film. My only concern is that Mutt will be the lead and the film will still hold the title "Indiana Jones". At least call it "Mutt Jones".

Mutt Jones and the ...

It may sound new and awkward, but at least it's better than "Indiana Jones and the... " starring Shia LaBueaf AND Harrison Ford. That's even more awkward. :p

I'd have no problem with them having Indy and Mutt BOTH being lead characters... no 1... no 2... just 1&2. And then calling it "Indiana Jones".

Example, you don't call Crystal Skull "Mutt Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" do you? Nope. :p

But in the end it's his film. If you don't like it, don't watch it, nobodies making you. Just back away and leave the theater. :p

I don't mind Shia taking the lead, just call it "Mutt Jones". In fact, sounds like a GOOD idea! (y)

If the lead is Shia, then the lead is Shia, no use whining and complaining. Just jump off a bridge, go into your cave and watch Raiders a hundred more times, come out, complain some more, go back in your cave some, watch Temple a hundred times, come out, complain, go back and watch Crusade, come out and complain, go back and then shoot Kingdom or whatever it is you demented "fanboys" do. :p

The Man

If they really, really had to make a fifth, they shouldn't have killed off Henry Sr. An adventure involving all three generations could have been intriguing.

FILMKRUSC

Ridiculous idea to have Harrison Ford guest starring in a Indiana Jones film.
What is wrong with Lucas. If he does that I won't even see it.

Lucas should take a lesson from Bob Gale of Back to the future trilogy fame who had a recent comment.

From BTTF.com - on BTTF4

We've all seen sometimes where they make one too many sequels and you say, 'Maybe they shouldn't have done that.' I'm not going to name any names of movies, but you know what they are!," quipped Gale.

"But more importantly, as I'm sure you all know, Michael J. Fox is not in the best of shape with his Parkinson's," he went on to explain. "The idea of making another Back to the Future movie without Michael J. Fox — you know, that's like saying 'I'm going to cook you a steak dinner and I'm going to hold the beef.' You can't do that

Shortie

I'd like to see V be Indy's last adventure, then pass it to Mutt.

In V have subtle things like Mutt having his jacket off when Indy does & so on. But Mutt CAN'T wear the fedora & WON'T use the whip. The sword can be his signature weapon. He should also wear the same getup from KOCS.

Mutt-Jones III

Wow.

The Man said:
If they really, really had to make a fifth, they shouldn't have killed off Henry Sr. An adventure involving all three generations could have been intriguing.

Now that's an idea! I hope they bring him back somehow, no resurrecting, that'd be dumb, but they think he's dead, but he's not. :whip:

Mutt-Jones III

Mutt.

Shortie said:
I'd like to see V be Indy's last adventure, then pass it to Mutt.

In V have subtle things like Mutt having his jacket off when Indy does & so on. But Mutt CAN'T wear the fedora & WON'T use the whip. The sword can be his signature weapon. He should also wear the same getup from KOCS.

I actually want to see Mutt take over. Believe it or not, I will still watch the Indiana Jones Series when Mutt's son takes over. :whip:

foreignerfred

agentsands77 said:
I highly doubt Ford will allow for an Indy adventure where Indy isn't the star.

Here's hoping you're right!!! I think Ford and Spielberg cave in to Lucas too often.

Let's hope Harrison takes care of Lucas' ideas Cairo Swordsman style. :gun:

James

foreignerfred said:
Here's hoping you're right!!! I think Ford and Spielberg cave in to Lucas too often.

I'd be very surprised if Spielberg decided to do such a film as well. He recently said that Ford was the most crucial aspect to the entire series working- even more so than his own contribution as the director.

Lucas just got his wish for Indy 4, so maybe he'll be more open to seeing what Spielberg has in mind. Back around 2002, Spielberg said he would like explore a "mature love story" in an Indy film. Now that Marion is back, Indy 5 would seem to be the perfect time for such an idea.

Avilos

It could be argued that Connery stole the show in TLC. I can imagine a scenario in which Mutt gets over his head with a problem and Indy has to bale him out. Would that be so bad?

If Harrison Ford is in the movie its going to be INDIANA JONES. Bob Gale's comment don't really apply here. He was making a point as to why a 4th BTTF movie would not work with out MJF. Due to how much INDY IV works because its actually Harrison. Lucas has never suggested that Harrison would not be involved. Even in this off the cuff scenario he invented.

These Mutt Williams solo film spin-off worries are based on early rumors. Untrue rumors. That Mutt was going to don the Hat at the end of KotSC. But the actual ending shows Indy basically say "Kid, I am not going anywhere yet!"

James said:
Lucas just got his wish for Indy 4, so maybe he'll be more open to seeing what Spielberg has in mind. Back around 2002, Spielberg said he would like explore a "mature love story" in an Indy film. Now that Marion is back, Indy 5 would seem to be the perfect time for such an idea.

Ugh. Because we all know how mature the love story was handled in Crystal Thud. (n)