TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 12-04-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
Arab Swordsman
IndyFan

Actual release date

I know the official release date is May 22 but that is a Thursday in 2008. Most movies either start on a Wednesday or Friday so is KOTCS going to have a midnight showing at 12:01 am on Thursday or does May 22 mean they'll start showing the film right before midnight Thursday evening and go into Friday? It's just odd to have an official release date on a Thursday and I don't remember that happening before.
Arab Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
tocksic
IndyFan

In Germany it is normal that new movies start on thursdays.
tocksic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #3
IndyFan89
IndyFan

"POTC: At Worlds End" came out on a Thursday. If i remember right, it came out on Memorial day at 8pm wich was on a Thursday.
IndyFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #4
HFFan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyFan89
"POTC: At Worlds End" came out on a Thursday. If i remember right, it came out on Memorial day at 8pm wich was on a Thursday.

The 'observed' Memorial Day is always the last Monday of May. Memorial Day Weekend is the weekend before that Monday. (The 'actual' Memorial Day is always May 30th.)

It would be nice if they released KotCS at 12:00 AM on Thurs., but I don't believe we've heard that yet.

Last edited by HFFan : 12-04-2007 at 04:48 PM.
HFFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
TheLastCrusader
IndyFan

Well here in Belgium we're seeing it the twenty-first
Both imdb and my cinema site say so.
TheLastCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:08 PM   #6
Aaron H
Moderator Emeritus

It will be released on the 22nd at 12:01am. That is Thursday morning. The Grand Debut in LA will be most likely that Tuesday or Wed.
Aaron H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:30 PM   #7
drwynn
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab Swordsman
I know the official release date is May 22 but that is a Thursday in 2008. Most movies either start on a Wednesday or Friday

Actually, as of recently, Lucas releases films according to his chosen date...not on a specific day of the week. Examples;

"Star Wars, Episode III" came out on Thursday, May 19th (with a midnight "Wednesday" premiere).
"Star Wars, Episode II" came out on Thursday, May 16th (with a midnight "Wednesday" premiere).
"Star Wars, Episode I" came out on Wednesday, May 19th (with a midnight "Tuesday" premiere).

But, I think there's a method behind this madness; Lucas wanted "Episode III" to come out on the same date as "Episode I" (May 19th)...the same way "Jedi" came out on the same date as "A New Hope"; May 25th.
drwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:59 AM   #8
Johnny Nys
IndyFan

Yes, in Belgium new movies are usually released on Wednesday, so we're getting it a day early! I think it's because kids don't have to go to school on Wednesday afternoons. I Just took the afternoon off on the 21st so I can go to the 2 pm show! I just hope it won't be too crowded with screaming teenagers or people blocking the view with their hats.
Johnny Nys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #9
RichardJones
IndyFan

Around here Movies with such a large fan base , like Star Wars, Spiderman, Pirates , etc... normally there is an 11.59pm showing on wednesday... So hopefully it will be the same with Indy..
RichardJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:42 AM   #10
Michael24
IndyFan

^And if so, I'm seeing it at midnight, even if the rest of my family chooses sleep over Indy and I have to go by myself.
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:15 AM   #11
scifiwolf
IndyFan

In the US, movies are released on Fridays. For certain weeks, to coincide with holidays or big movie weeksends, the date may change to Thursday or even Wednesday. A lot of the time, movies will advertise a Friday release, and then change it a month or so before the release. An example of this is Superman Returns, which moved its date up from July 2 to June 30 in 2006 (Friday to Wednesday). Since Indy has been advertised for a non-Friday release right from the start, there is no reason to suspect that the date will move to Wednesday. There may be a small chance, however, that showings will begin at 8:00 pm the night before, as was done for Matrix Reloaded.
scifiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #12
bonoferox
IndyFan

I'm hoping some theaters do a 10 p.m. night before showing like they did for Superman Returns back in 06.
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote