Indiana Jones Magazine!

AndyLGR

I'm collecting the Indy mag, it seems to have a got off to a good start. But I arent too pleased that Titan have basically given us in the UK a US magazine with a different cover.

They have done the same with Star Wars, all the adverts and letters are now either in US prices and from US fans. Plus the amount of pages seems to have been reduced too. Whereas we used to get a dedicated UK magazine.

TennesseeKorben

Ok, so I got issue one in the mail a few months ago. I never recieved issue two but found it at Borders Friday and bought it. Not even two days later, I recieve issue 3 in the mail today. Sup wit dat!?

indyclone25

TennesseeKorben said:
Ok, so I got issue one in the mail a few months ago. I never recieved issue two but found it at Borders Friday and bought it. Not even two days later, I recieve issue 3 in the mail today. Sup wit dat!?
look in the magazine and look for the customer service number --- call em say everything that went on and now your pissed and want to know when you will get issue two( just leave out the part that you bought issue two at borders) and say that you got issue three already , the should if they are kind give you added issues to your subscription ---- thats what i did when i first joined the star wars insider --- i got two issues fine and then the third didn't show up and it already had hit the newstands and i said i was going to have to buy it at the nesstand because i didn't want to miss a issue , they apologized and gave me three more issues to my subscription. see if that helps --- does the third issue look cool? i have to wait for it til it comes to my local comic shop .

scubasteve

I got Issue #3, today. I NEVER received issues 1 or 2. I ordered my subscription on May 1st, if that says anything. Love the cover of this new issue, though.

I'm going to resort to buying issue 2 while it's still on newsstands.

If ANYONE has an extra mint copy of Issue 1 (not the PX Exclusive), I will gladly Paypal for one.

Agent Z

Crack that whip said:
Not yet! I'll call them again soon, and will post again here shortly afterward...

Crack that whip said:
I haven't gotten it yet! When I called the first time I was told I should have it by Friday the 18th (a week ago tomorrow), and to call back if it still wasn't in. Super procrastinator that I am, I waited until now to call, and spoke to someone who actually gave a little more information than the first as well as being nice to talk to, so I'll give them a little more slack :p ;) - but not much! :p

I am told the magazines are shipped from England and have to be ordered five weeks in advance, which is why my original order placed no later than May 12 (I still have the emailed receipt; I don't remember whether I got it the day I ordered or a day or two after, but I think it was within an hour or so) wasn't in time to start my sub with #1 (not a big deal, since I have it already anyway, ordered alongside other items from the online Indy store), but it should definitely start with #2. Apparently when I first spoke to them on the 10th they were expecting #2 to be in earlier, but there was some sort of delay. I am now told I might have it this week, and should have it no later than August 1st. We shall see!

Updates to follow...

TennesseeKorben said:

scubasteve said:
I got Issue #3, today. I NEVER received issues 1 or 2. I ordered my subscription on May 1st, if that says anything. Love the cover of this new issue, though.

Wow, this sounds like the worst subscription service I have ever heard of. :(

I don't want to pay $10 an issue at the local bookstore, but I also don't want to wait until Christmas for my subscription to begin arriving.

I mainly wanted Crystal Skull coverage anyway, so I may just pick up the second issue on ePay and leave it alone for awhile.

indyclone25

scubasteve said:

If ANYONE has an extra mint copy of Issue 1 (not the PX Exclusive), I will gladly Paypal for one.
then your in luck ---my wife bought me an extra of it when she saw it at the store --- lol-- she thought i hadn't seen it yet when came out ---silly woman , she ought to know me better than that .but yeah pm me if you want it

Last edited:

indyclone25

Agent Z said:
Wow, this sounds like the worst subscription service I have ever heard of. :(

I don't want to pay $10 an issue at the local bookstore, but I also don't want to wait until Christmas for my subscription to begin arriving.

I mainly wanted Crystal Skull coverage anyway, so I may just pick up the second issue on ePay and leave it alone for awhile.
the new issues only cost 6.99 an issue

Crack that whip

Will I ever get an issue through my subscription? Maybe... but not today!

I got home from the movies too late to talk to a live human about it today, so I'll give them a call tomorrow. I'm inclined to just cancel, but I wonder whether getting a refund will be any easier than getting the magazine...

Crack that whip

Finally!

Yesterday, August 16th, I finally received the first issue of the subscription I'd placed back on May 12th - and the second! I came home Saturday evening to find both issues #2 and #3 had arrived in my mailbox together. Amazing! :p

I hadn't even realized #3 was out already. Unfortunately my copy of it met with some misfortune; the cover and first couple pages have a huge tear through them and a large chunk of the upper corner of each of those pages is hanging on by a small section of untorn paper. Peculiarly, the plastic baggie the mag was sent in has only a very slight bit of distortion around where the tear apparently began; it must have gotten "grabbed" by a corner of some machine or something in the mail, that dug through the cover and leading pages and tore them up without damaging the plastic. But at least all of it's there, and I know my subscription is working now. I wonder whether I can get them to replace the damaged issue...

Goonie

IndyMag3.jpg

Issue 3 hitting newstands on Aug 20, this Wednesday for those that don't have a subscription to it.

It will be a nice little belated birthday gift for me. (my b-day is today)

For those of you that have subscriptions, are the covers the same as the newstand counterparts?

Crack that whip

Goonie said:
IndyMag3.jpg

Issue 3 hitting newstands on Aug 20, this Wednesday for those that don't have a subscription to it.

Many happy returns! :D

Goonie said:
For those of you that have subscriptions, are the covers the same as the newstand counterparts?

Nope; my #3 has Drew Struzan's Temple of Doom art on the cover, for an article about that movie.

In fact, the blurbs on the cover of the magazine in that picture mostly don't match my #3 at all - the cover blurbs on my subscriber copy include "Certain Doom! 50 things you didn't know about Indy's trip to the dark side!" (re: Temple of Doom, of course, as opposed to Raiders), "Ford Focus: Harrison Ford on the classic trilogy" (as opposed to Karen Allen about her return), and "Action Packed! Indy's toughest fights revealed!" (as opposed to "Indy's Greatest Stunts Revealed"). The only thing that seems to match is "Waterworld! Take the plunge as Indy explores Atlantis" (the accompanying article turns out to be about the Dark Horse Indy comics in general, incidentally, rather than Fate of Atlantis specifically - it's a followup to the previous issue's retrospective on the Marvel Indy comics, and doesn't deal with the FoA computer game).

James

Crack that whip said:
Nope; my #3 has Drew Struzan's Temple of Doom art on the cover, for an article about that movie.

I noticed that new cover online, and was wondering if I had missed an issue. I'm guessing that the Ford/Allen cover was just an earlier, working design.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Goonie said:
IndyMag3.jpg

Grrr... my comic store got the ToD one! I want the above instead. I've read enough interviews with Harrison. There's one like every issue! I wonder if the newsagent's different.

indyclone25

this is what the covers look like for issue three
one is the newstand edition and the other is for the comic shops
magazine_issue3.jpg

Crack that whip

Crack that whip said:
Well, you can all heave big sighs of relief, :p as I finally received notice yesterday my order shipped.

I wonder whether it'll get here before my subscription copy...

Ooh, I just saw this old post of mine. Haha. If only I knew then what I know now...
:p

Aaaaand...

Crack that whip said:
Yesterday, August 16th, I finally received the first issue of the subscription I'd placed back on May 12th - and the second! I came home Saturday evening to find both issues #2 and #3 had arrived in my mailbox together. Amazing! :p

I hadn't even realized #3 was out already. Unfortunately my copy of it met with some misfortune; the cover and first couple pages have a huge tear through them and a large chunk of the upper corner of each of those pages is hanging on by a small section of untorn paper. Peculiarly, the plastic baggie the mag was sent in has only a very slight bit of distortion around where the tear apparently began; it must have gotten "grabbed" by a corner of some machine or something in the mail, that dug through the cover and leading pages and tore them up without damaging the plastic. But at least all of it's there, and I know my subscription is working now. I wonder whether I can get them to replace the damaged issue...

I just called and requested a replacement copy of #3, and am told one will be sent to me, so hopefully that'll all be peachy-keen in the near future...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dene

Anyone know when, if ever, Issue 3 of the Indy magazine will be appearing in newsagents in the UK?

Have a horrible feeling the mag has already folded over here, hope I'm wrong. Titan's website hasn't been updated since issue 2, and there are still plenty of those on the newsstands.

Last edited:

DIrishB

Dene said:
Anyone know when, if ever, Issue 3 of the Indy magazine will be appearing in newsagents in the UK?

Have a horrible feeling the mag has already folded over here, hope I'm wrong. Titan's website hasn't been updated since issue 2, and there are still plenty of those on the newsstands.

I'm pretty sure Titan is a UK based company, so I imagine if the new issues are being released over here in the US, the UK should be getting them too. I could be wrong, so you might want to email Titan directly (through their website) to double check with them.

Dene

DIrishB said:
I'm pretty sure Titan is a UK based company, so I imagine if the new issues are being released over here in the US, the UK should be getting them too. I could be wrong, so you might want to email Titan directly (through their website) to double check with them.
Thanks -- have emailed and the swift reply said that Issue 3 is out here on Sept. 11th.

Issue 2 of the mag says it's due out today, 19th August, hence my asking. I hope they get this sorted out, that's both times what the magazine itself has been completely out with the date of the next issue -- more than three weeks in this case! :(

I take it it's bi-monthly only then? Funny, I thought from the US side of things it seemed to be every month.