General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

KneelBeforeZod

Forrestal1972 said:
Ah, Fox News. Must be true so!

Mindless tripe. Despite what Hillary Clinton may tell you -- and despite popular opinion on some left-leaning internet hives -- Fox News is hardly a tabloid. Perhaps it operates from a worldview to which you do not subscribe ... but it is simply not known for making up stories.

Z

agentsands77

Forrestal1972 said:
Ah, Fox News. Must be true so!
Not necessarily, but Lucas has made such comments elsewhere. I don't know whether INDY V/VI will actually happen, but it's interesting to hear Lucas chat it up, and Spielberg and Ford state their willingness to continue the franchise.

Forrestal1972

KneelBeforeZod said:
Mindless tripe. Despite what Hillary Clinton may tell you -- and despite popular opinion on some left-leaning internet hives -- Fox News is hardly a tabloid. Perhaps it operates from a worldview to which you do not subscribe ... but it is simply not known for making up stories.

Z
I think I know someone who is voting McCain this fall.

Forrestal1972

agentsands77 said:
Not necessarily, but Lucas has made such comments elsewhere. I don't know whether INDY V/VI will actually happen, but it's interesting to hear Lucas chat it up, and Spielberg and Ford state their willingness to continue the franchise.
Yeah, I know. It was just a throw away comment about Fox News, but I think I hit a nerve with Kneelbeforezod. Always love it when someone overreacts.
But seriously, I think Lucas is probably employing a dual strategy: he is talking it up to whip up and sustain publicity for the new moview and he is talking it up, because he is considering it.

Forrestal1972

KneelBeforeZod said:
Only because he was nominated ... sort of a grit-your-teeth scenario. He wasn't my guy.

Z
I'm not American so it really doesn't matter to me, but for what it's worth, I think the ex-POW will beat either democractic candidate. Again, I'm not from the States and am not expressing my political views.

If it makes you feel any better, I think Indy was a Republican "I like Ike"!

Bantu_Wind

Indy V will make Indy IV better

If a fifth movie is made, it will make this one even better, especially if it is a prequel. For me, after AOTC and ROTS, I was able to appreciate Phantom Menace more. I think the same thing would happen to Indy 4. After all, it's just another chapter in the series.

It can only get worse...

web.jpg

Bantu_Wind

Snow! I really liked the bit from Mystery of the Blues with Indy and GreyCloud, his Native American sidekick. The beard was cool too. No more jungles. Been there done that.

Joel

LOL! This literally made me laugh out loud. Nice job on the poster. I must say, i'm not sure why but for some reason it has this real Brokeback Mountain vibe to it.

Crusade>Raiders

I really don't want Indy looking for another Christian artifact. I want something crazier, maybe not aliens crazy, but something different. Indiana Jones and the Sword from Hell. Indiana Jones and Castle of Dracula. Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb sounds like a cool one, but the Mummy is already doing that this year.

A Fate of Atlantis movie would be cool too.