The Premier Thread

The Man

Sunday, May 18th:

After Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull bows in Cannes, everything resulting from the screening - the reviews, the opinions, the accordant spoilers, the hopes heightened or dashed, the raging tantrums - shall be posted here.

Let's hope for a masterpiece, but keep that powder dry until the lights go up in the Palais...

George Lucas tells me it's more than a strong possibility there will be a fifth "Indiana Jones." He says that he and director Steven Spielberg have left the door open for a sequel to "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."

Lucas, looking dandy with slicked-back gray and white hair in a snappy tuxedo, was a guest Thursday night at Paramount/DreamWorks's party for "Kung Fu Panda" at the 61st Cannes Film Festival...

"I haven't even told Steven or Harrison this," he said. "But I have an idea to make Shia [LeBeouf] the lead character next time and have Harrison [Ford] come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie. I can see it working out.

"And it's not like Harrison is even old. I mean, he's 65 and he did everything in this movie. The old chemistry is there, and it's not like he's an old man. He's incredibly agile; he looks even better than he did 20 years ago, if you ask me."

Harrison guest-starring in an Indy film? Who is Lucas kidding?

Raiders90

Agent Spalko said:
Harrison guest-starring in an Indy film? Who is Lucas kidding?

That is not related to this thread. You're just sending it around everywhere you can to inspire more Lucas/Indy 4 hate. You want to see this film fail, admit it. I think you work for AICN.

The Man

Just so we're all agreed: the premier does take place tomorrow afternoon, European-time, doesn't it?

The Man

Sorry for the double-post, but my confusion stemmed from the fact that there seem to be two showings tomorrow - one at 1PM and another at 7PM.

UKIndyFan

BBC has a Cannes diary going on at his link and they are reporting you can see interviews with the cast all day tomorrow on BBC News. Supposing there is no huge breaking news, Sky News and BBC News will be bringing live coverage of the event.

The Man

UKIndyFan said:
BBC has a Cannes diary going on at his link and they are reporting you can see interviews with the cast all day tomorrow on BBC News. Supposing there is no huge breaking news, Sky News and BBC News will be bringing live coverage of the event.

Yeah, I knew about Sky, but cheers for the BBC heads-up...(y)

Skipper

Honestly, I will be ecstatic if the critical consensus is "It's pretty good." I know the reviews aren't going to be great. I'm just crossing my fingers that the movie isn't the subject of never-ending scorn.

(On a personal level, I have no doubt that I'll love the movie.)

Dr Jones

I dunno, I honestly think the reception will be pretty positive for this movie once it has been seen, word gets around and the reviews come out in more efficient ways of magazines and papers.

I think people are fearing the backlash more than they should with the 19 years return with added CGI effects.

This is STILL Indy and people will lap up the adventure!

sarah navarro

UKIndyFan said:
Will it be on the internet?or only on TV? because i dont have that channel...:(

Jim Tigernuts

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod !