Where is "Shia is Indy's son" confirmed?

joelwatts

It seems to be conventional wisdom that the fact Shia is Indy's sonis confirmed. I was just wondering what the confirming evidence is. A little help.

joelwatts said:
It seems to be conventional wisdom that the fact Shia is Indy's sonis confirmed. I was just wondering what the confirming evidence is. A little help.

There isn't "official" confirmation but various websites like CHUD, IESB.net are claiming their insiders told them this. Everything they have said about Shia's character has been spot on so far.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
joelwatts said:
What items have proven them correct thus far? Sorry, I just haven't had time to see all the info
Different sources are saying that he is his son...not to mention he (Shia) has hinted that much himself.

Finn said:
Not "spot on"... "close enough".

Well...they said he was a greaser who rode a motorcyle. That is pretty spot on so far. I am not saying that, it confirms beyond a shadow of a doubt everything else that has been stated.

arkfinder

It's being shall we say asumed at this point. nothing is 100% except there will be a new Indy film in '08.

But, giving the fact that filming is ongoing the pieces should start to come togather very soon. This is the best part of spoilers it's the watching of the whole story come togather

At least for me.

joelwatts

Did Shia say something about being a greaser, or is it because of the way he has had his hair slicked back in interviews and such?

Vendetta08

I think someone confirmed it. But the movie takes place in the 50s, Shia is wearing a black leather coat, white t-shirt, jeans rolled at the bottom, and slick hair. I'm pretty sure that's a Greaser.

joelwatts

I know that he IS a greaser in the stills we are seeing, but was that a rumor before it was confirmed with the photos? If it wasa rumor (now confirmed) did Shia let it slip, or was it some other clue?

joelwatts said:
I know that he IS a greaser in the stills we are seeing, but was that a rumor before it was confirmed with the photos? If it wasa rumor (now confirmed) did Shia let it slip, or was it some other clue?

CHUD said he was agreaser who rode a motorcycle way back when. Well before the pics showed up online.

Johan

I still say Shia is NOT Indy's son. Here's an article from 2003 from an Entertainment magazine
..."More important is the quote that Marshall gave in regards to the oft-rumored concept of Indy dealing with his own offspring. Marshall put that potentially interesting/potentially cheesy concept to rest when he said "We're sticking with Indy on his own. He still gets around pretty good.""

joelwatts said:
I agree. I think its possible he may be Marion's (but not Indy's) son, though.

I'd be happier with that but sadly these 2003 quotes are largely worthless. There's been the Nathanson AND Koepp scripts since then...

Sankara

I don't think that Shia is Indys son - this would be to lame for an Indy-Movie.

Shia is Marion Son? Possible... but no good idea either...

oki9Sedo

I really don't think Shia plays Indy's son. I think he just plays some kid who gets caught up in the adventure.

Vendetta08

Johan said:
I still say Shia is NOT Indy's son. Here's an article from 2003 from an Entertainment magazine
..."More important is the quote that Marshall gave in regards to the oft-rumored concept of Indy dealing with his own offspring. Marshall put that potentially interesting/potentially cheesy concept to rest when he said "We're sticking with Indy on his own. He still gets around pretty good.""

And since then, there have been scripts where Indy has had a daughter and a brother. Like StwongBwidge said, those quotes are useless. Hell, I could go back and even find a quote where Lucas once stated he was going to do an Episode VII, VIII, & XI.

Grizzlor

I think Shia is probably Marion's son. It would make the most sense, if in fact Abner Ravenwood is part of the story. Somehow I doubt Indy would pick some dude off the street to help him out. Also, I wouldn't call Shia's character a real Greaser. I don't see him fitting the mold. I don't know where the character is supposed to live, but according to my father's stories, the real Greasers around here were no Danny Zuko, or Ponyboy Curtis, they were pretty raw.

NileQT87

Grizzlor said:
the real Greasers around here were no Danny Zucco, or Ponyboy Curtis, they were pretty raw.

greaser doesn't exactly mean gangster bad-boy criminal. greaser really refers to all the kids in the '50s who greased their hair back and played at being like james dean, marlon brando and elvis presley. elvis was far from a rebel, despite his reputation in the '50s as a near hell spawn. you have to remember in those days if you didn't have a crew cut and act like you lived in leave it to beaver and the andy griffith show, you were a juvenile delinquent. J.D. was a very loose term back then. what was "rebellious" back then we just laugh at now.

back then, sideburns and long hair was rebellious.

so yes, shia's character is a greaser, probably a j.d., probably not a college student, rides around on a motorcycle... but is probably about as much of a good boy as whitey marsh in boys town.