More Lego Indy sets

Montana Smith

Hmmm, a bolt out of the blue?

Yet there's no mention of Indiana Jones as a 2013 release on Brickipedia.

Or apparently no mention of them anywhere else. Somebody could very well be kidding.

ListenLiveLong

Montana Smith said:
Hmmm, a bolt out of the blue?

Yet there's no mention of Indiana Jones as a 2013 release on Brickipedia.

Or apparently no mention of them anywhere else. Somebody could very well be kidding.
I see some misspelled words, so I think this might be false. It's too bad, though. At least I still have what's left of my old Lego sets. I've broken some of them when I was younger to work on my own creations. Plus, I still have both Lego Indy games.

adventure_al

There is a great Asian brand of building bricks who produce stuff like this still. If you need an indy style fix for your building creations.

ENLIGHTEN_813.jpg

JasonMa

Yes, LEGO Ideas allows anyone to submit a set and if it gets 10,000 votes LEGO will evaluate it for a possible release. The vast majority of the ones that get evaluated don't get released.

Bjorn Heimdall

Really hope this is true. I only recently got into the LEGO craze so I never got any of the ones from 2008. I have my eyes open for them now, apart from the Crystal Skull stuff which doesn't interest me.
One thing though, wouldn't it make more sense to release this the same year as the new movie, like they did last time?

JasonMa

Really hope this is true. I only recently got into the LEGO craze so I never got any of the ones from 2008. I have my eyes open for them now, apart from the Crystal Skull stuff which doesn't interest me.
One thing though, wouldn't it make more sense to release this the same year as the new movie, like they did last time?
The lead times on these are such that they may have been in the manufacturing schedule before the latest delay to the movie, and companies don't like to sit on inventory that long.

Bjorn Heimdall

I suppose, since it's 4 sets, that they will go for the four movies this year and then multiple sets next year for the new movie.

Bjorn Heimdall

Stop. Turn back before it's too late. Your wallet will thank you.

I do expect we'll likely see new sets when the fifth film finally comes out.
Too late for me, I have the Lego fever. Already have the Saturn V and am building the Discovery Space Shuttle right now. Only thing saving me now is lack of room, I am sort of at capacity. So I will be holding out until this Indy stuff happens.

Gobi-1

RUMOR Alert!

Here's the potential prices for the rumored LEGO Indy sets.

75571 $39.99
75572 $59.99
75573 $89.99
75574 $139.99

I think they'll be one set from each movie with Indy 5 sets to follow in 2023. I think the $139.99 set could be the Circus Train from TLC. I can see it being similar to the Lone Ranger train set from 2013.

79111-1.jpg

Bjorn Heimdall

Damn, double heartbreak, first it's not Indy, then it's Avatar instead? I actually enjoyed Avatar back in the day but I have zero interest in watching Cameron's 17 sequels, or buying the Lego sets for them.

Hopefully they will still cram some classic Indy sets in when they make sets for the new movie next year.

Gobi-1

Was just coming to post the news. Sad the new Indy sets may not be out this year but I'm still confident we'll get more classic Indy before the Indy 5 sets next year. The first wave of Lego sets based on the first three Indy films were released in January of 2008 before the KotCS sets came out the following May. We could see something similar here with new classic sets released somewhere between January and March with the Indy 5 sets later in June.