Six Indy IV titles registered with MPAA

HovitosKing

not to mention, the title should be intriguing. None of the aforementioned titles makes me the least bit interested in watching this movie if I'm not already a huge Indy fan. they're boring.

oki9Sedo

effin said:
Indiana Jones and the city of the Gods

coming soon to a theatre near you

I don't like "City of Gods", and I certainly don't like "City of the Gods". I bet its a bogus title.

kongisking

I think "Destroyer of Worlds" is my favorite. Very evocative and intriguing title!(y) Second plays goes to City of Gods, of course, which also sounds excellent (well, it really depends on the context the phrase is in). Kingdom of the Crystal Skull sounds cool, put it is waaaay too long for a subtitle. And Quest for the COVENANT?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Not again!

arkfinder

"City of the Gods" seems to be the common belife. Which is why I don't think thats anything but a working title if even that.

No Ticket

I have a feeling no matter what they call it a bunch of fans will **** and moan about how it's not as good as the older ones. And I can't begin to express my excitement for that.

Joe Brody

[Sounding like Clinton] I 'third' the motion that they all sound like a bunch of crap.

[And I don't swear on this on this site lightly -- even though I swear I heard the word on show my daughter was watching on Nick the other night.]

weyhoops

An interesting thought just struck me--will the conservative Christian demographic in America be turned off by the title "City of Gods"? While this may seem like a silly thought to many of us, I think it could be a genuine marketing concern...

weyhoops

This may not be as silly of a question as it initially sounds (I posted this in another thread in the non-spoiler forum): Would the conservative Christian demographic in America be turned off by the title "City of Gods"? I think it could be a genuine marketing concern. Think of the insanity that went down when the Da Vinci Code movie came out...among other things.

No Ticket

weyhoops said:
An interesting thought just struck me--will the conservative Christian demographic in America be turned off by the title "City of Gods"? While this may seem like a silly thought to many of us, I think it could be a genuine marketing concern...

Those type of people need to get over it... because regardless of their faith this is a piece of fiction and if they choose to believe there is only one God they can just accept the title of "God(S)" as part of the fiction of the story.

loganbush

This may not be as silly of a question as it initially sounds (I posted this in another thread in the non-spoiler forum): Would the conservative Christian demographic in America be turned off by the title "City of Gods"? I think it could be a genuine marketing concern. Think of the insanity that went down when the Da Vinci Code movie came out...among other things.

No. Mostly not. Take it from me. Now you will have a problem if they call God an alien being.

No Ticket

I personally don't like any of them all that much... and I hope whatever they actually call it is better than those listed. If I had any idea what the story was actually about I'd take a stab at making one up or something but I have no idea what the "mcguffin" is or what any of it's about. I keep hearing "crystal skulls" and that actually sounds kind of boring to me....

... but the Sankara stones would've seemed boring to me too, but that movie turned out awesome.

Inbanana

weyhoops said:
... I have a feeling they'll be able to handle it.

phaedrus007

Lost City Of Gold

There's no way it's "Lost City of Gold" that was the title of the 2nd Alan Quartermain movie (the sequel to King Solomon's Mines.... and not the good old on either, the crappy Indy rip-off from the 80s).

Indy2007

The 6 titles seemed good. I still like city of gods, and the destroyer of worlds sounds interesting also, the last title i like is kingdom of the crystal skull. Cant wait for the offical title to be revealed soon.

dameain

phaedrus007 said:
There's no way it's "Lost City of Gold" that was the title of the 2nd Alan Quartermain movie (the sequel to King Solomon's Mines.... and not the good old on either, the crappy Indy rip-off from the 80s).

I completely agree with phaedrus007, in that I hope to god it is not the "Lost City of Gold", in that, well the 80's Allan Quatermain Series, may be amusing to watch, due to hideously bad production values and script, the next Indiana Jones movie would not sound right with that for a title, and possible lose some credibility because of that title.

I another note, I am not sure if this was brought up before, but the title "City of the Gods", is also a name for the Pre-Columbian city of Teotihuacán, also the city has a connection to the Crystal Skull aspect, menitoned for Indiana Jones IV in that, the people living in Teotihuacán came from areas influenced by the Teotihuacano civilization, which including the Zapotec, Mixtec and Maya peoples, and it is the Maya which are though to have constructed some of the Crystal Skulls. Granted this is just ideal speculation, but a plausibly possibility none the less.