Most Unbelievable Indy Scene of all-Time!

What is the most unbelievable Indy scene in the entire trilogy?

• ROTLA: Indy finds an entrance on a water-sealed German submarine

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • ROTLA: Indy and Sallah are able to lift a half-ton stone tomb covering the Ark of the Covenant

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • TOD: Indy, Willie and Short Round safely parachute out of plane in a life raft

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • TOD: The mining cart makes a massive air jump over uncompleted track and lands perfectly aligned

Votes: 45 36.6%
  • LC: Indy breaks the 8-inch thick marble floor of the Venice library with a rope-holding post

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • LC: Indy opens eyes while submerged in the Venice oil catacombs and is able to find an escape route

Votes: 13 10.6%

• Total voters
Hey Stoo thanks for proving my point that you just can't let this go and accept the fact that there is not one definitive answer. You always have to get in the last word and try to prove you are right when there is no right or wrong answer which demonstrates to me the very definition of ignorance. I've made my point and I'm done discussing it. If you want to be bullheaded about it, go ahead. Your beating your head against a brick wall trying to prove a point that is inconclusive.

Relax kid, it's only a movie.

Can we move on now?

The Drifter

I always thought when Marcus said "Of course the museum will by them, no questions asked" (or to that effect) was unrealistic.

I mean, the museum which is a well respected institute will buy any old relic Jones has to offer no questions asked?
Indy could have sold them a hardened dog turd, and they would buy it.

Dr Jones

Well I have to go for the mine car truck jump...that's just a bit too much for me!

Yeah, the life raft parachute was a bit much, but given laws of gravity, wind change, drifting, balance, weather pressure and other weight and ground features...I can go to believe that Indy and the gang got it right on a lucky day!!

(y)

Stoo

Agent Spalko said:
Hey Stoo thanks for proving my point that you just can't let this go and accept the fact that there is not one definitive answer. You always have to get in the last word and try to prove you are right when there is no right or wrong answer which demonstrates to me the very definition of ignorance. I've made my point and I'm done discussing it. If you want to be bullheaded about it, go ahead. Your beating your head against a brick wall trying to prove a point that is inconclusive.
Glad to be of service. Thank you proving that you're too stubborn to admit that what I say makes perfect sense.
The only thing you've presented to support your stance is that the scene is too unbelivable. Very weak argument.

Agent Spalko said:
Relax kid, it's only a movie.
Believe me, I know and apparently there's 2 versions!;)

"Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Agent Spalko Edition"

EXTERIOR - BANTU WIND DECK - DAY
Dietrich: Mr. Katanga, in a few moments we will be leaving for our secret, island base.
You and your ENTIRE crew will close your eyes and count to 1,000...und NO PEEKING!

Factual errors: There are many flaws with the U-boat sequence. The class of boat is wrong - U-26 was a Type IA, but that shown is a Type VIIC (this is because the film reused the replica of U-96 from 'Das Boot'). Neither the Type IA nor VIIC - nor any of the principal classes - would have been capable of carrying the Ark, due to limited storage space and access hatches that were too small. The Captain clearly orders the U-boat to dive ("Tauchen"); however, a lack of a constant air supply, much reduced speed and limited capacity for the electric motor batteries meant that U-boats only submerged for defence, attack or in heavy weather - none of these apply here. Nor did U-boats sound a 'diving' klaxon. A cut scene would have shown Indy hiding aboard the boat by clinging to the periscope. However, as explained the boat would not in reality have dived, and even when it did it would not have run at a sufficiently shallow 'periscope depth' the whole time. On the surface, at least four men would have been on watch at all times. Thus, however Indy tried to smuggle himself aboard the boat, he would have either been spotted or drowned.

eroc

I think when Indy cut the rope bridge and when one portion stayed intake as the other side disenergrated, and then surviving the impact with the side of the cliff without letting go, was pretty damn unbelievable to me.

Lao Che Pun

DiscoLad said:
QUOTE=Lao Che Pun-And I have only two others in agreement?!

(Cough,Cough..)..three, now...

Thanks buddy!!! Great minds think alike! :D

Kingsley said:
Why are both TOD scenes the most unbelievable in this poll?
It's the only poll TOD can win :rolleyes:

Rimshot!

Dust McAlan

I actually have to go with the three waterfalls in Kingdom. I can buy the mine car jump, the U-boat travel, the marble floor, hell, I can even buy Mutt swinging from vines. But that last waterfall was pretty damn big, and I'll be damned if anyone could've survived that.

Then again, Harrison was in The Fugitive, and survived bigger drops. So maybe.

I can't take the waterfalls in KOTCS seriosly at all because they were all CGI. But I will go with the Refrigerator as the most unbelievable.

Crusade>Raiders

I mean I thought the movie was great, but even I was like "c'mon man..." Still really fun especially with friends who just laugh at it, but still WTF man...Indy survived a nuke. 'nuff said.

Dr. Gonzo

Even though the water falls and surviving in a fridge is unbelieveable...
I really hate the monkeys and Tarza- I mean Mutt swinging from vines

No Ticket

I'm pretty sure Indy has never done anything more unbelievable than surviving a nuclear explosion inside a refrigerator.

... That's just....

(it was kind of cool, but still ridiculously unbelievable)

Hanselation

Aliens? But not in this way

Way of the dodo said:
Jumping out of a plane with a raft instead of a parachute.

I could imagine that. surviving it with a bad chance, but possible.
Really unbelievable is the living Alien effect and the ufo scene.

Hanselation

unbelievable much luck

StoneTriple said:
Mining cart makes a massive air jump over uncompleted track and lands perfectly aligned.

Yes , this man must have much luck! :D unbelievable much luck!!! ;)