The Tomb of Sir Richard

More sensless glory seaking by association....

"This discovery is the equivalent of the Holy Grail to archaeologists and historians. It is unparalleled."

Except that the "Holy Grail" is FICTION...

Just like The Da Vinci Code

Doc Savage

ClintonHammond said:
Except that the "Holy Grail" is FICTION...

Just like The Da Vinci Code

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

We need to have a drink sometime...you with your Seagrams, me with my warm milk.

Sorry, you prefer mead, right?

Doc Savage

The link was to a report of the finding of a Templar's tomb. No relation to the Grail. And, yes CH, I know the Grail's an invention. Sir Richard's an invention. The title was part-attention-getter, part-jest. **sheesh!**

"Sir Richard's an invention"

Not according to the link above.... :)

"I know the Grail's an invention."
One can never be sure with 'your kind'... you folks'll believe anything it seems... Heh

Doc Savage

ClintonHammond said:
"I know the Grail's an invention."
One can never be sure with 'your kind'... you folks'll believe anything it seems... Heh
Yeah, us wacky Christians...next thing ya know, we'll be screamin' that 4.6 billion years ago it rained on the rocks, creating a macromolecule that eventually became a tadpole or some crazy thing like that. :gun:

I could never close my mind to the possibility of new evidence changing what we think we already knew....

But it's your choice if you can

Doc Savage

ClintonHammond said:
I could never close my mind to the possibility of new evidence changing what we think we already knew....

But it's your choice if you can
Close-mindedness being open to subjective interpretation, CH...

I've said it and will probably have to repeat myself, evolution is just as much a faith as any other...in my opinion, a Designer is a lot less of a stretch than a cosmic coincidence.

"evolution is just as much a faith as any other..."

Evolution is as much a fact as gravity, or magnetic attraction, or electrons flowing through a filliment causing light and heat....

Anybody who thinks it's a 'faith' knows nothing, or little about it.

Read some Richard Dawkins.... That'd be a good place for you to start.... That is, if you're not too close-minded.....

It's no skin off my nose one way or the other Doc S....

Pale Horse

Staff member
ClintonHammond said:
Only because you've chosen to be

For being a mod, this is probably not completely appropriate, so bear in mind this comes from my personal side. I'm not deliberately trying to steer the topic away from Sir Richard.

Clinton, are you and atheist? And if so, why? I am asking because I have a friend who is, (though I believe differently) and he uses such trivial and uneducated answers like "Lots of murders have been commited in the name of God" and "how can we trust a book written over 2000 years ago" and other sheepish arguments in the same vein.

You CH seem to argue the evolutionist side of the debate well, at least from an educated stance...(and Doc and I can be on opposite sides of that stage). It made me respect your position more then that of my 20 year friendship, though sometimes your retorts are a bit gritty.

I'll blame that on the language barrier. ;)