Young Indy action figures

Alexandria

Funny thing is, that we have Carrie Fisher to thank for Indy's "deflowering", as she was one of the writers on that episode.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
You know I think we probably have enough to talk about to be able to create an entire thread on that one Mata Hari love scene. If we don't end up talking about what's canon, we end up talking about Mata Hari. :D Actually, it's all Matinee's fault, now that I read back through this.

Adamwankenobi

Alexandria said:
Funny thing is, that we have Carrie Fisher to thank for Indy's "deflowering", as she was one of the writers on that episode.

Yeah, she's an awesome writer like that. :) This is simply further proof that people who say YIJC is a "kid's show" clearly have never seen an episode in the first place.

Violet Indy said:
You know I think we probably have enough to talk about to be able to create an entire thread on that one Mata Hari love scene. If we don't end up talking about what's canon, we end up talking about Mata Hari. :D Actually, it's all Matinee's fault, now that I read back through this.

I'm gonna have to get that "Mata Hari Affair" novelization! (y)

BTW, love the new avatar. :cool:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
As for that novel, don't we all? Hey, I just realised that "Lost Journal of Indiana Jones" book has all his adventures supposedly written in it. I wonder what Indy's got to say about Mata Hari...

I just had to change avatars. I missed Marion and the new gear will be up soon so it got me in the mood for a Marion avatar. (y)

Montana_Jones

phantom train said:
Though I'm a huge fan of the YIJC (see my other posts on this board), I honestly would prefer that Hasbro makes all of the figures possible from the first three IJ films before they make Young Indy figures. If you look through the "Collecting" thread, there are a lot of figures from these three IJ films that need to be made (especially from TOD). Just my .02....
Agreed. The films should have significantly higher priority compared to YIJC for action figures. And yes I am posting in this thread since it should also technically be in the Collecting sub-forum, regardless of Original Poster being on my ignore list.

phantom train

Hi everyone - The below is an expanded/edited version of a post I made on another thread in the "Collecting" section re: possible YIJC figures. I figured (pun intended) that I'd re-post it here since this thread is devoted to YIJC figures, and the other thread was regarding broad-based "Expanded Universe" figures:

I agree that they should focus on making all of the possible figures from the IJ films before they expand into the YIJC, comics, and novels. However, I would like to see some YIJC figures at some point, maybe in 2010/2011 if the regular film-based IJ line continues and sells well.
I somehow seriously doubt that YIJC figures will be made, but if they are, here is what I would like to see. I added vehicles as well just for kicks (though I know even figures being made is a long-shot). This list is by no means exhaustive:

Love's Sweet Song

- Young Indy in street clothes
- Vicky Prentiss

Trenches of He**

- Young Indy in Belgian Army uniform w/helmet
- Remy in Belgian Army uniform w/helmet
- Generic German soldier

Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life

- Young Indy in tan Belgian Army uniform w/pith helmet
- Remy in tan Belgian Army uniform w/pith helmet
- Bartholemew (sp?)
- Major Boucher (sp?)

Phantom Train of Doom

- Generic German Soldier (tan uniform)
- Frederick Selous
- All the rest of the older soldiers (I can't remember their names)

Demons of Deception

- Young Indy in dress uniform
- Mata Hari

Masks of Evil

- Count Torgo (sp?), AKA Dracula

Treasure of the Peacock's Eye

- German w/eyepatch
- Female singer/pirate

Mystery of the Blues

- Sidney Bechet w/several musical instruments
- Young Indy in street clothes w/soprano sax
- Al Capone w/scar

Vehicles

- Car (Model T?) that Young Indy drove to the prom in the "Princeton 1916" segment
- Motorcycle Young Indy was riding as a courier in "Trenches"

Last edited:

Indy Black

Little Indy need his puppy Indy to start his aventures:) that would be a cute set.

I'm game for any and all Young Indy sets, least Hasbro is making Young Indy ala LC for starters.

Violet Indy, a bird eating spider in your bathroom? that's one scary bug:dead:

Crack that whip

Twilightpro101 said:
Surprised and glad to hear their making action figures for the series.

It's not confirmed; this thread is people talking about what they'd like to see, not stuff that's been announced as definitely coming out.

Twilightpro101

Thanks Crack the Whip. Do hope it happens at some point especially with Indy full on back in the mainstream spot light. Not that he ever really left.

phantom train

Nothing new to report here, but I just wanted to say that after seeing how good the "Temple of Doom" Indy figures look (due out in September 2008), I would really, really like to see a line of YIJC figures at some point in the future. The more I think about it, I believe that if these figures are produced in limited quantities and/or as exclusives, I think they would probably sell decently. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see these at some point down the road....

indyclone25

yeah but i think on one of those question and answers on hasbro some one asked that question and the said that they would only deal with the movies
---- hate to burst your bubble --- but i would love to have a remy action figure