TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Old 11-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #76
I'mBatman
IndyFan

Is there any way to get this on PC still?
Is it on Steam?
I'mBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:58 AM   #77
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mBatman
Is there any way to get this on PC still?
Is it on Steam?
It's not on Steam or any other digital distribution service I'm aware of.

One's best bet would be to go looking around Amazon, eBay or similar e-store. They might still have copies lying around, used or otherwise. Here's one I found after a brief search.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #78
I'mBatman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
It's not on Steam or any other digital distribution service I'm aware of.

One's best bet would be to go looking around Amazon, eBay or similar e-store. They might still have copies lying around, used or otherwise. Here's one I found after a brief search.

Thanks, i will look into it.
I'mBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #79
Exulted Unicron
IndyFan

I was working on my journal and reading through the manual for inserts, I noticed under the combat section, the attacks seem to be from a hand to hand combat manual. The note suggests that Henry Sr. was in the volunteer corps at one point.

Interesting side note. Wonder when he was a part of those?
Exulted Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #80
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exulted Unicron
I was working on my journal and reading through the manual for inserts, I noticed under the combat section, the attacks seem to be from a hand to hand combat manual. The note suggests that Henry Sr. was in the volunteer corps at one point.

Interesting side note. Wonder when he was a part of those?
A few years ago, I made a guess that it would have been in 1898 during the Spanish-American War (after our fellow member, Gear, mentioned that very same manual in this thread: Where did Indy learn to fight?)

Since the manual says, "U.S. Department of Defence", it's obviously not a volunteer force from the United Kingdom so...

I doubt it would have been before 1890 because that is when Henry Sr. would have turned 18. Plus, I'm not sure but, I think that the closest instance of volunteer units in the U.S. before 1898 was during the Civil War*, which was before Henry Sr.'s time. The Philippine-American War was from 1899-1902 but as we know Indy was born in 1899 so I don't picture Henry Sr. volunteering after his son was born.

*Someone correct me if this is wrong.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #81
Finn

For what it's worth, there are plenty of things in ET that are not exactly compatible with the wider canon... all the way down to stuff that even contradicts the movies. It's pretty obvious that whoever did the writing for the game was not under the same religious scrutiny the EU materials of Star Wars receive.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #82
misterjosh
IndyFan

Indy Jones and The Emperors Tomb looks good

noticed someone uploaded a fight scene for a Indy game that was released in 2003.. looks really interesting... is it worth the buy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN5WRjWQ-zo&t=10s
misterjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:19 AM   #83
Finn

To the new guy: Please use the search before opening new threads. That's how we roll here. If there's an existing thread, no matter how old it is, stick to it. Merged.

To myself, four years in the past: Now available from GOG.com. Costs peanuts, is DRM free.

My take hasn't changed much over the years: As a game, it's decent enough and fun to play. As an Indiana Jones story, it's garbage.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:35 AM   #84
TheDutchGhost
IndyFan

Hello,

Out of curiosity, what do you feel is wrong with the Emperor's Tomb as an Indiana Jones story?
To many fantasy elements?
TheDutchGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #85
EvilDevo
IndyFan

My biggest issue with the game is the Wu Han introduction.
And maybe the lack of Doug Lee.

Otherwise I thought it was solid and leaps and bounds beyond Staff of Kings in terms of quality.
EvilDevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:03 PM   #86
TheDutchGhost
IndyFan

Well I am not sure if the developers ever considered hiring Doug Lee again to voice the role of Indiana Jones, I am not sure if they even remembered him from Fate.

Staff of Kings could have been so much more. I have the PS2 game for the sake adding it to my Indy games but I honestly don't want to play that game ever again.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:20 PM   #87
EvilDevo
IndyFan

They used him in Infernal Machine, four years prior.

In any case, we're way overdue for a new, original Jones adventure.
EvilDevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:43 PM   #88
TheDutchGhost
IndyFan

Well Infernal Machine was still by Hal Barwood, perhaps he and his team remembered Doug Lee from the last time they worked with him.

By the time Staff of Kings was made, hadn't Hal Barwood already left Lucasarts?

Well there is of course Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth but I don't see another Indiana Jones coming so soon unless Indy 5 is made or Disney really plans to reboot the franchise.

I had hoped that Dark Horse would at least have continued with new comic mini series and installments of Indiana Jones Adventures after they started making Indy comics again.