Indy Legos!!!

fixer79

According to someone who attended Brickworld recently, the question how the LEGO company will handle the Nazi problem has been answered...
Apparently, the idea of replacing the swastika with a cross or X won't even be neccesary.
There won't be any Nazi figures in the sets. Not even soldiers or anything associated with them...

http://www.fineclonier.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=284

Though I can somewhat understand this decision (problems were bound to arise if anything Nazi-like would be incorporated in the sets), all I would like to know is what the heck Indy will be up against in the LEGO sets?
The elements?
Little plastic snakes or spiders?

I mean... There have to be enemies... Won't it be weird if all the sets will only contain good guys?

Also, if TLC is trying to avoid the use of Nazis, why did they base all the launch sets on the two Indy movies containing them? Why didn't they use Temple of Doom?
:confused:

Niteshade007

Well, the sets don't really require them, but I didn't even think about that! I forget that the sets are marketed towards children, not me:p . But the motorcycle set won't need it because it's just Indy and Henry. And neither will the Well of Souls set. That's probably just Indy, Marion, Sallah, Belloq, and maybe Toht (unless they decide to just to Indy and Sallah, which is likely). And the Rolling Boulder set will probably just be Indy and Satipo. But the race for stolen treasure set, if it's the seen I think it, wouldn't that require nazi's of some kind? Isn't it the one where Indy is being dragged by the truck? Unless the Race for Stolen Treasure is something else.

fixer79

Niteshade007 said:
Well, the sets don't really require them, but I didn't even think about that! I forget that the sets are marketed towards children, not me:p . But the motorcycle set won't need it because it's just Indy and Henry. And neither will the Well of Souls set. That's probably just Indy, Marion, Sallah, Belloq, and maybe Toht (unless they decide to just to Indy and Sallah, which is likely). And the Rolling Boulder set will probably just be Indy and Satipo. But the race for stolen treasure set, if it's the seen I think it, wouldn't that require nazi's of some kind? Isn't it the one where Indy is being dragged by the truck? Unless the Race for Stolen Treasure is something else.

Maybe the set will only depict the scene in which Indy has just stolen the truck and he's at the wheel alone... I don't know how else the could handle that set...
Also, I wonder if (in case they want to include Indy's horse), they'll use the classic LEGO horse...
I mean... They're still using it now in their 2007 Castle sets, but I feel it looks a bit dated and boring to be Indy's horse...
It's just walking while Indy's horse in the movies is always going top speed...

Anyway Niteshade, you do have a point about Satipo and Belloq. Nothing Nazi-associated about them...

fixer79

Y'guys wanna see a pic of the real LEGO Indy figure (and not a CG render)?

pic

source: http://journals.aol.com/jmenomeno/brickjournal/entries/2007/06/29/a-funny-story.../1204

Lookin' good, isn't he? :)

Gobi-1

He looks great.

I'm disappointed with LEGO for not including Nazis for Indy to battle. They could have simply referred to them as generic soldiers.

I just hope Hasbro isn't taking a similar position.

arkfinder

Gobi-1 said:
He looks great.

I'm disappointed with LEGO for not including Nazis for Indy to battle. They could have simply referred to them as generic soldiers.

I just hope Hasbro isn't taking a similar position.

Yeah, Lego's don't need to be "PC."

Katarn07

Well with that game already announced (did I call that one or what?), I'm sure they plan on a rather large assortment after that initial line up.

fixer79

Boy, it's been a while since we heard any news about the LEGO toyline...
It's been like... a month, but it feels like... a month and a half...
;)

I was hoping to see prototype set pictures from Comic Con, but I guess I'd better stop hoping for that...

News anyone?

fixer79

New, clearer pictures of the LEGO sets, anyone?

7620.jpg

7621.jpg

7623.jpg

7622.jpg

Notice how happy the German biker is to pursue the Joneses.
Also, the German truck driver seems happy that Indiana is jumping on roof of the truck.

In fact... look at Marion, Henry, Satipo...
Everyone pretty much looks happy to be in peril in those LEGO sets... ;)

source: eurobricks.com

cheers,

Cliff

Last edited:

Niteshade007

Haha, I noticed the happy villains as well. Those pictures are great, and it's nice to see a clearer look at the LEGOs, but I still am a little disappointed with the Well of Souls look. It just looks a little cheap/fan-made, as opposed to an actual LEGO set you can buy. But everything else looks great!

fixer79

Niteshade007 said:
Haha, I noticed the happy villains as well. Those pictures are great, and it's nice to see a clearer look at the LEGOs, but I still am a little disappointed with the Well of Souls look. It just looks a little cheap/fan-made, as opposed to an actual LEGO set you can buy. But everything else looks great!

I agree that the Well of Souls set looks like it's the least cool of the collection.

Still... Don't forget LEGO sets almost always look less cool on the box. It's very strange... I guess their sets are hard to capture in that one boxcover photo... I've had that so many times with the Star Wars LEGO sets for example... The set looks OK-ish on the box, then you build it and it's awesome!

Believe me, the pictures on the LEGO boxes, in my opinion, never do the actual set justice.

fixer79

That's odd... Seems like not an awful lot of Indy fans care about the LEGO line...

What's the matter? You're all between 14 and 24 and in your 'dark ages' or what?
:p

Anyway... For those who do care... (;) )

There's this rumor going around on a Dutch LEGO fansite about three new Indy LEGO sets to be released in May of 2008...
Here's what they'll be:

7625 river chase
7626 jungle cutter
7627 temple of Akator

You can even pre-order them on www.sailjo.nl...

To be quite honest, I think this thing reeks rather hoaxy...
I mean...
First of all, I don't know what the heck a 'jungle cutter' is. You?
And what (or who ) on God's green earth is Akator? Whatever it is, to my knowledge, it's got nothing to do with any Indy film...
And then finally, when exactly is Indy chased on a river?

Oh well, we'll see in 8 months ;)
Just thought I'd let y'all know.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
A river chase hasn't happened in the Indy films yet, but did in the old script for the Saucermen from Mars, and the particular sort of sailing craft known as a cutter did as well...these are Indy IV sets, make no mistake.

fixer79

Dr. Indy Jones said:
MUST BUY INDY LEGO'S !!!!!!! :gun: :whip: :hat:
Thaaaat's the spirit! ;)

Attila the Professor said:
A river chase hasn't happened in the Indy films yet, but did in the old script for the Saucermen from Mars, and the particular sort of sailing craft known as a cutter did as well...these are Indy IV sets, make no mistake.

Boy, how could I be so stupid... May 2008. Of course they'd be Indy IV sets. And I was wrecking my brain looking for a river chase in the old films...
Anyway, thanks Professor...
Suddenly, the rumored upcoming sets reek less hoaxy than I originaly reckoned...

Cool!
:D

PS: Any guess what or who Akator and its temple will turn out to be? ;)

ChromiumBlue37

fixer79 said:
That's odd... Seems like not an awful lot of Indy fans care about the LEGO line...

What's the matter? You're all between 14 and 24 and in your 'dark ages' or what?
:p

Anyway... For those who do care... (;) )

There's this rumor going around on a Dutch LEGO fansite about three new Indy LEGO sets to be released in May of 2008...
Here's what they'll be:

7625 river chase
7626 jungle cutter
7627 temple of Akator

You can even pre-order them on www.sailjo.nl...

To be quite honest, I think this thing reeks rather hoaxy...
I mean...
First of all, I don't know what the heck a 'jungle cutter' is. You?
And what (or who ) on God's green earth is Akator? Whatever it is, to my knowledge, it's got nothing to do with any Indy film...
And then finally, when exactly is Indy chased on a river?

Oh well, we'll see in 8 months ;)
Just thought I'd let y'all know.

How exciting! Looks like rumored IJ & TKOTCS (or Indy IV), rumored Lego toys.

This vehicle looks like a "Jungle Cutter" -

http://www.hfm2.com/photopost1/showphoto.php/photo/6546