My Indy costume on a budget

indyclone25

woo hoo! i just purchased a indy leather jacket from ebay it was one of the jackets given as a prize in the florida lottery scratch and win game --- i got the jacket for 96 dollars --- how cool is that!!!!!!!!!

6cf1_12.jpg

72d5_12.jpg

6f00_12.jpg

Wow, that is awesome indyclone! I was watching a few of those before I ended up getting mine used, but they were all doing $175 to $250. You got a great buy. If I understand correctly, those are US Wings cowhide jackets. Very nice. You have to post pics when it arrives.

indyclone25

you know i will --- man this is going to be so sweet !!!! i was going to buy the todds jacket but i guess i won't have to now --- i think i will sleep in this jacket ---- yeah i will, jacket and sleep pants --- oh yeah check it out ladies ---lol

indyclone25

thanks, for the info, but the man never said it was a wings jacket in his auction --- i liked the pictures he had and it was a nice jacket -- so i bidded and i will see my jacket next week

eazybox

indyclone25 said:
thanks, for the info, but the man never said it was a wings jacket in his auction --- i liked the pictures he had and it was a nice jacket -- so i bidded and i will see my jacket next week

Just thought I'd give you a heads up, and I hope it works out for you. It does seem to be a licensed jacket, there's just that question about the maker.

Jack

Raider S

Yes, these lottery jackets are NOT US Wings. The label says Made in China and all current USW jackets are made in USA. So when you can get a genuine USW for just over $300 it would be a bad move to bid a lot for one of these Chinese made jackets. The cowhide I got from USW a few weeks ago was made in New Jersey by Schott so the quality is top-notch.

I know it says something about being "official" on the tag, but I don't think that means anything.

That said, I think YOU got a very nice deal for $96 and should be very happy! :gun: While maybe not as screen accurate as the Todds I kinda think you will be happier with your cowhide jacket. I would be!

indyclone25

you know it --- as long as it has the front pockets and the straps in back ,i'm as happy as a puppy with two peters

indyclone25

Raider S said:
Yes, these lottery jackets are NOT US Wings. The label says Made in China and all current USW jackets are made in USA. So when you can get a genuine USW for just over $300 it would be a bad move to bid a lot for one of these Chinese made jackets. The cowhide I got from USW a few weeks ago was made in New Jersey by Schott so the quality is top-notch.

I know it says something about being "official" on the tag, but I don't think that means anything.

That said, I think YOU got a very nice deal for $96 and should be very happy! :gun: While maybe not as screen accurate as the Todds I kinda think you will be happier with your cowhide jacket. I would be!

i think the only thing about being "official" is that it was made for the lottery prize and lucasfilm authorized it .

Ghostsoldier

indyclone25 said:
woo hoo! i just purchased a indy leather jacket from ebay it was one of the jackets given as a prize in the florida lottery scratch and win game --- i got the jacket for 96 dollars --- how cool is that!!!!!!!!!

6cf1_12.jpg

72d5_12.jpg

6f00_12.jpg

Congrats, IC....I was one of the other bidders on that jacket! :D I hope you like it...I backed out, because a guy over on COW offered me a Todd's....now, I can't seem to get a hold of him....:mad:
Rob

Raider S

Why do you post a link to that junk jacket? That thing is a joke, it has an elastic waist band. It is not an Indy jacket in any way! :mad:

Please people, don't buy this stuff unless you're desperate. You can get a Todd's for $150 (and that's as close to screen accurate as you'll find) or for $150 more you can get a Wested or a genuine US Wings.

Also, I wouldn't be too sure Lucasfilm authorized the jacket. The lottery also claims these are US Wings jackets and USW hadn't even heard about it until alerted to it by someone from another Indy website.

indyclone25

okay, okay, calm down he was looking for a cheap jacket i was showing him what i saw it was a jacket from 1980's --- don't have a cow --i made the decision to by the jacket on ebay cause " i ' liked the way the jacket looked it looks like indy's jacket if i want to save a few dollars that's my right , i wanted to get a todds too but i saw this oppurtunity to get one fast and abit cheaper --- if it doesnt' look good when i get it i can return it within 7 days and then i will order a todds when they restock in sept . so chill take a breath , things are cool , ok , ----better , ok ---so how are you?

Raider S

I was trying to keep a member from spending $75 on a crap-jacket. What you do with you rmoney is your own business, but by posting a link to something that has zero to do with an actual Indy jacket I was only trying to save some poor sucker from being embarassed.