there would be more members then just us
regulars.... theres only about 1 active newcomer
every 3 months
Mola Of COW

indyden

My Indy Gear!

Thanks to Indygear.com, I have the following in my collection:

1. Akubra Federation.
2. My Wested Raiders jacket is on its way.
3. Webbed tan belt by Billabong, but the bucket's not brass.
4. Dark blue lounge robe by High Sierra similar but not identical to the one Indy wore in Last Crusade.
5. Decker boot (still needs breaking in)

Speaking of Club Obi-Wan, I've tried to join a number of times now using my ISP email, my school and so on, but the admin refuses to let me post.

So it's not that more people aren't members of COW, it's just that they can't post. Try looking up the memberlist and pages 11-12..., I'm on there for almost 3 weeks now but my account is still not yet activated.

IndyA

you have to use the email that comes with your
internet provider. If you use comcast or aol
it would be ither your Youraddresshere@aol.com
or youraddresshere@comcast.net which ever provider
you have. Thats why you cant join. They need a
set server email.
mola

Canyon

IndyA, I seem to be having the same problem. I have sent an e-mail to mk@Indygear and have quoted my user name and BTinternet e-mail address, but have not heard anything and am unable to get into Club Obi Wan. I am stuck and any help would be very much appreciated. ;)

indyden

IndyA, I did use the email that came with my internet provider and mine's verizon, but I didn't get any response. I'm sorry but I don't use AOL or comcast. So I've tried my school's email address and yahoo. The only reply I got was on my yahoo email address telling me that I can't use that... I knew that duh, I was just trying anything by this time. But it does seem like I'm not alone on this, I hope this get resolve soon. I'd love to post some pics on the forum. P.S. I did email the admin@indygear.com about this matter but he hasn't replied yet. Well, cheers! :)

Canyon

Ah Fisk, as usual you are a great help! :D

I have just sent an e-mail to Michaelson and am very much looking forward to joining you guys on Club Obi Wan. ;)

vitoscarlatti

Indi gear

I've recently got into collecting Indy gear and its fast becoming an obsession. Think I must've spent a fortune! I've only got one old photo of me in my stuff, and I'm hugely embarrassed by how awful and inaccurate it all is, especially the shirt and jacket. ( and the belt and trousers,gun, belt, boots my unshaven-ness...etc)
Still, I'm finally clued up and getting together a fairly accurate outfit.

roundshort

vitoscarlatti said:
I've recently got into collecting Indy gear and its fast becoming an obsession. Think I must've spent a fortune! I've only got one old photo of me in my stuff, and I'm hugely embarrassed by how awful and inaccurate it all is, especially the shirt and jacket. ( and the belt and trousers,gun, belt, boots my unshaven-ness...etc)
Still, I'm finally clued up and getting together a fairly accurate outfit.

Hey Welcome Vito! Have fun here at the Raven! It is a fun place, just watcht he flammers, stick with me, Temple of John, and Jay R. Zay, and you will have a ball. Canyon seems to be the resident Indy gear pro!

Welcome. If VP isn't still annoyed about Indy's middle name, maybe he will make you a Raven Welcome Banner!

Indy Parise

(In my natural Italian New Yorker accent) Hey, Vito, Welcome to The Raven. As far as not having gear, fugedabotit. I had literally NO GEAR when I joined. And, yeah stick with TOJ Roundshort and Jay R Zay and you will have a great time.

Eric Solo

Indy Gear

Canyon said:
Just out of interest, I would really like to know what gear everyone has.

I own the following: :D

Wested leather jacket (authentic brown lambskin)
Akubra fedora (mid-brown)
Bullwhip (Texas bullwhips)
Fake gun (from a joke store - was once a gangster at a fancy dress party!)
Gun holster (one I made myself - which includes a whip holder with belt)
Pants (from LL Bean - Taupe Pleated Natural Fit Stretch Dress Chinos) :)
Shirt (from LL Bean - tan Cotton Poplin Field Shirt) ;)
Web belts (dark brown and tan)
Black tie (for Last Crusade outfit)
Brown walking boots (not Aldens as a) I can't afford them and b) they don't do my size anyway! :mad:

Looking forward to hearing what items you guys own! :D

icon_indy.gif

[Edited by Canyon on 02-18-2004 at 11:01 am]
Canyon,
I have become a little obsessed and invested a fortune on the whole shebang:

Hat: Peters Brothers' Indy Custom Fedora RotLA style w/ brown band. (I have two, the other has a black band.)
I bought an official licensed Indy hat at Disney World 10 years ago, which I still have, but it is not even close to being screen accurate on my huge melon.

Jacket: Wested authentic brown lambskin

Shirt and pants, belts, holster, gas mask bag, strap: Noel Howard RotLA versions.

(I also have Wested's shirt and pants RotLA versions, but Noel Howard's are MUCH better.... VASTLY better. And Noel Howard is so nice and promptly returns all e-mails, as is Gemma at Wested)

Boots: Alden's Indy Boot (The only complaint I have about the Indy Boot is the laces are flimsy and break easily. I don't wear them that often and I have broken two laces in 4 months. I replaced them with some GI combat boot laces. Otherwise they are awesome.)
Also, I have a tendency to wear out the heels on my boots, and these heels are pretty unique, so I asked Alden to sell me replacement heels. They were happy to oblige.

Whip: David Morgan 10'

I bought a Peruvian Idol and an accurate sandbag on eBay. The Idol isn't metalized, just spray painted, but it'll do.

The only thing missing is the gun. I want to get the real Smith&Wesson gun from gunsamerica.com, but finding that particular gun with the right grips is proving difficult and expensive.

In the mean time I have a plastic cap gun. I have a real Ruger revolver, but it looks too modern.

I'm justifying all this so I can have a screen accurate costume for my parody Raiders/Star Wars fan film. :confused:

I'll be wearing it one day at Star Wars Celebration IV when I take a break from being Han Solo. (Since they don't have Indy conventions...)

Eric

Last edited:

Viper

Now I honestly don't have any high quality things, save one or two.

I have:
A fedora from the "Indiana Jones Outpost" in MGM Studios, Florida
A leather jacket from a thrift store
A 6' whip from an airsoft store (don't mention it please, trying to find a better one)
A brown satchel my sister got me (it's a little wide, but you don't notice with the jacket on)
2 normal woven belts
A WWII Navy holster (from My Grandfather)
Dr. Martens, dark brown (I can't stand boots unless they are my combat boots for airsoft) they look enough like boots with pants on
Normal white button-up t-shirt (with 2 chest pockets ;) )
Normal khaki pants
White long socks

In the mail currently: Rubber replica Webley Mk.VI and a dark brown whip holster.

The "nicest" (you know what I mnean) things I have are probably the Webley, the holster, the jacket, and the fedora.

The fedora is really nice, but I don't want to say it's "uber-awesome" because I'm not an expert in that feild and I don't know about here, but on the airsoft website, people swarm all over a "newb" who thinks they can get a good gun for 30 dollars (Mine was 300, and there are some that are 3 times that). So I'm just going to say it's nice, and it's getting small.

Last edited:
The replica MK-VII Gas Mask Bag that I carry is the best musette (Or Murse if you prefer) that I've ever had....

Especially after I pulled the stitching out of the bottom of the left-hand pocket so that it's as long as the right-hand one....

Strap by Todds Costumes.... I'm rarely seen without it.

Silent_Rob

Indy Gear

I've been extremely fortunate, my buddy and I made a pact to only get the same gear at the same time, it made it more fun, and we ordered at the same time.

My gear so far:

1 Herbert Johnson Poet "Raiders Dress" Fedora, Gold Script 7-1/8
1 Dorfman Pacific Medium IJ Fedora
1 Dorfman Pacific Large IJ Fedora (for when I let my hair grow out)
1 Unknown Medium Permalux IJ Fedora Last Crusade Style
1 Cooper Cowhide distressed Jacket Last Crusade Style
1 Pair Alden 405s 8.5" EE Boots
2 What Price Glory Shirts
1 1942 W&G MK VII Gas Mask Bag w/Todds Costume 72" Grooved Strap
1 What Price Glory Gas Mask Bag w/65" Texas Action Gear Strap
1 Brown Web Belt
1 Khaki Web Belt
1 Texas Action Gear Gun Belt Raiders Style
1 Texas Action Gear Removable & Adjustable Whip Holder
1 Texas Action Gear Raiders Holster
1 Original Dark Brown Sam Browne Holster
1 S&W Resin Prop Gun, Half Moon Sight
1 S&W Resin Prop Gun, Ramp Sight, Gold medallions on grips
1 Airsoft S&W (too big for even the Sam Browne Holster)
1 1983 Edison Browning toy handgun (before they became illegal to carry)
1 Zippo Elsa Lighter
1 Kamp King Pocket Knife
1 Pair Large Wells Lamont Gloves
1 pair LL Bean Dress Chinos
1 Rexel Green w/Red Binding notebook
&
1 10' David Morgan Whip! (My buddy paid for 1/2 for my B-Day!!!!)

It took 2 years and a lot of research, hunting, selling on ebay, and patience, but it's been well worth it!:gun:

Dr.Sartorius

My gear so far:

US Wings "Indy Jones" dark brown goatskin leather jacket
Two close-enough Indy shirts from Old Navy
A dark brown Golden Gate Hat Company fedora
An Army surplus khaki web belt with bronze buckle
close-enough Dockers khaki pants

Need to get:

close-enough Indy boots from Sketchers
a Winrich Indy-on-a budget whip
An Akubra Federation fedora
A Wested cow-Raiders jacket or cotton Raiders