Emperor's Tomb hints and tech help

mayvic

I've played the game up to The Astrologers Clock Part 4, and no matter what I try the game crashes here with the error message.

Exception_access_violation (slayed) Exception address 46ef48

I've contacted Lucas who told me to install the patch, which I already had done but it didnt cure the problem. I've also update Directx and my graphics
Has anyone got any idea?

curtsy

Re: Von Beck's Revenge

Nox said:
I seem to be having a technical problem in Von Beck's Revenge. The camera refuses to move and as a result it is very hard to manuever Indy left or right. This would be okay except that Indy turns sharply to the right right before the third whip-jump and, since I can't turn him, he runs into a block and stays there until Von Beck catches up and smushes him. I've tried using the A/D keys but they turn him too far. Gah, camera based movement SUCKS.
I've got the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
I've managed to reach the lake in order to obtain the idol of Kouru Watu. The aligator is caged and I've managed to climb the first two cages. I've used the lever to lower the next cages but I can't get to the third cage. Does anyone knows how to get there? Do i jump from the second cage? Do I use something? Or what? Thanks in advance.

mayvic

I was also having problems but mine went further on in the game. I asked Lucas who had no idea so I tried a few things myself. I ran Adaware and Spybot got rid of everything they found and the game now works perfect.

EBOL

I can't get Indy to ring the bells of the dead. Is this a bug? I tried everything I could think of but he can't seem to ring any bell. Am I missing something here. Many thanks for any advice.

nd

CPU too slow

@ smithwesson44 + curtsy:

Both your problems are related and simply caused by the fact that your CPU and/or graphics cards don't meet the minimum requirements. I suffered the same problems with my 600 MHz Pentium III and a GeForce 2 Pro card (minimum requirements are 700something MHz CPU, the GeForce 2 Pro is OK). I took this opportunity to upgrade my CPU to 1.3 GHz which I anyway wanted to do for a long time, this solved the ET gameplay problems for me.

However, in case you don't want to do such investment just because of the ET minimum requirements, I read about a solution from somebody else. He temporarily changed the keyboard mapping so that the camera movement is controlled with the arrow keys. The keyboard seems to be more responsive than the mouse whenever the CPU gets stressed a lot. I didn't try this suggestion, but he said this helped him to overcome the Von Beck's Revenge level. Don't know if this works in 1st person mode as well.

EBOL

indydude said:
are you playing it on PC or Xbox?

welcome to the Raven!

So Sorry about not stating that .....I am using PC version and have tried all combinations of left and right buttons

nd

You already know about how to approach the bells (that is, how to overcome the gap), so now you're standing in front of the bells?

Use the E key to activate "bell ring mode". It should be self-explanatory (i.e. it works the same as in the other puzzles).

silver

Can anyone send me a saved file with all the artifacts?
I've replayed the last level 891287 times just because I can't pick up the damn ball (heart of the dragon?) in time.
I really want to see what's in the gallery, but I don't think I have the energy to play the last level again...
Thanks a lot :)

P.S. I tried the pizzadot one, but it doesn't have any artifacts

botra

I can not get the chandelier whipped, I jumped and whipped till Im sick of it and have never hooked up. Is there a secret to this?

Canyon

botra said:
I can not get the chandelier whipped, I jumped and whipped till Im sick of it and have never hooked up. Is there a secret to this?

Which system are you playing on?

botra

EvilNazi said:
i dont know in which part you are.
could you be more specific? i might help you out
I just started the in the library, climbed the blocks, whipped to the 3rd floor, pulled the lever ,climbed ladder to 4th floor, pulled lever raised chandlier and now I need to jump & whip to swing to the other side of the library. At least this is what I assume I need to do. I have tried and tried but cannot whip to the chandlier to swing across library. Any suggestions??
thanks in advance
Im playing the pc version

cab2

Maybe I'm just dumb!!

I'm not sure why, however, I can't seem to beat the first mission. I get all the way to the end, and I cannot get the chain swinging again when it stops.Even when I manage to reach the second chain, I cannot seem to grab the second chain after you lock up the big crock. Am I just missing a control or something, or is it a defect I don't know about. I have the game for PC and I think that I have tried all the controls and still am not able to get swinging again. Please help me...I appriciate it... other than this problem..I was really getting into the game and now I am stuck on this part which has me really bummed out. Thanks for any help.

Craig

cab2

I'm not sure why, however, I can't seem to beat the first mission. I get all the way to the end, and I cannot get the chain swinging again when it stops.Even when I manage to reach the second chain, I cannot seem to grab the second chain after you lock up the big crock. Am I just missing a control or something, or is it a defect I don't know about. I have the game for PC and I think that I have tried all the controls and still am not able to get swinging again. Please help me...I appriciate it... other than this problem..I was really getting into the game and now I am stuck on this part which has me really bummed out. Thanks for any help.

Craig

Jastro_Indy

Are you using the Default Controls, or the arrows to move?

SOLUTION A:
With the Default Controls, climb up using the arrows, but not all the way, and press W to start swinging again.

SOLUTION B:
For the first chain swings you can use the trick where if you get Indy positioned at just the right angle, you can run, jump, swing, jump and he'll catch on himself.

Hope this helps!

cab2

Yes, apparently you cannot use your own control scheme or else you do not have the ability to swing the rope again. That is really annoying seeing as I spent like 3 hours trying to figure it out before I posted here, all to no avail. Thanks a lot, that did help.

Craig