Entertainment Earth has fresh cases of the TOD wave in stock!

Lambonius

Price is $89.99 and the case is the same crappy assortment with the six repeats, but they seem to be plentiful for the moment. Anyone who doesn't want to pay ebay prices for the whole wave might want to think about this. Just thought I'd give the heads up. :)

tnswman

Lambonius said:
Price is $89.99 and the case is the same crappy assortment with the six repeats, but they seem to be plentiful for the moment. Anyone who doesn't want to pay ebay prices for the whole wave might want to think about this. Just thought I'd give the heads up. :)

yes, it's sad but since the TOD wave ended the line, we only got one assortment of them. That's a good price though. I'm amnxious to see what other e-tailers show up with them. I would say that several cases were broken and AFA'd for certain dealers.

I would say that they got these rather cheap from Hasbro.

petsnakereggie said:
I've held out this long so the wait continues. They will be at some store I guess very soon. (y)

I haven't seen them at one yet. I even checked the Big Lots today and nothing. I was able to pick up a Mutt on Motorcycle and Cairo thugs pack and an Elsa cheap.

Single carded are $4, deluxe sets are $6, vehicles are $10. My Big Lots only has the Last Crusade series on single card. I have a feeling that it will be the only series that makes it to Big Lots, but we'll see.

NickTurner

My local BL: One single lonely solitary Jungle cutter for $10. I didn't even buy it. Does ANYONE have a customizing idea for this baby? I wish it was a truck or troop carrier. I would totally buy either at $10.............

tnswman

petsnakereggie said:
I've held out this long so the wait continues. They will be at some store I guess very soon. (y)

How is it that you think that since they are at EE that they will be found for $4.00 at a discount store? I think you are over-looking the fact that the production levels are far off from normal.

Let's say that EE did get 70 cases..That's just 70 sets of TOD figures and I guarantee that several of those sets are set-aside for either collector stock or grading. Not to mention the ebay scalpers that have already bought several of those 70 cases now. 70 sets of the TOD figures is NOTHING.

We may all be surprised but I don't look for the TOD wave to be blown out.

The matter is that collector's are having to break down and buy a case for $90.00 and just eat the doubles to have their set of TOD figures....It's to the point now that $90 is a good deal.

tnswman said:
We may all be surprised but I don't look for the TOD wave to be blown out.

I agree...if they are blown out, it'll be a few at some small hole in the wall chain.

With shipping that still works out to be $8.67 a figure. the only things I really want out of the case that I can't find cheaper are the artifacts from the Temple Guards, and I wouldn't mind a 2nd Indy and maybe a Shorty to customize. I could use the other 5 Indy's and the Mutt for customs (I need that mutt torso)...but not for $8.67 a figure.

2x Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones
1x Mutt Williams (Jacket) with sword
2x Indiana Jones with coiled whip, pistol, RPG, in shirt
1x Indiana Jones with sub-machine gun
1x Indiana Jones
1x Short Round
1x Chief Temple Guard
1x Willie Scott
1x Temple Guard
1x Mola Ram

tnswman

ddschneider1972 said:
I agree...if they are blown out, it'll be a few at some small hole in the wall chain.

With shipping that still works out to be $8.67 a figure. the only things I really want out of the case that I can't find cheaper are the artifacts from the Temple Guards, and I wouldn't mind a 2nd Indy and maybe a Shorty to customize. I could use the other 5 Indy's and the Mutt for customs (I need that mutt torso)...but not for $8.67 a figure.

2x Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones
1x Mutt Williams (Jacket) with sword
2x Indiana Jones with coiled whip, pistol, RPG, in shirt
1x Indiana Jones with sub-machine gun
1x Indiana Jones
1x Short Round
1x Chief Temple Guard
1x Willie Scott
1x Temple Guard
1x Mola Ram

Yea, EE and the other e-tailers know they don't have to drop the prices of this case because people NEED that TOD wave. Even the collectors who have it possibly want a 2nd set to keep MOC or to open.

petsnakereggie

tnswman ---The question should be why would Hasbro make just 70 cases and for E-Earth. Not worth there time. They ( the-Figures) are made in Huge Numbers. The Big Lots in my area alone got 20 cases each of the Last crusade wave.They already showed up at other retailers as far back as August and loads before Christmas at Toys R us, Wal mart, Marshalls and T J Maxx. There's more coming. I couldn't care less if I never get them but when I do it will be cheap, or not at all. E-Earth can keep there Junk.

Lance Quazar

I got a case back in the summer thanks to indianajonesshop.com (which was slightly cheaper than EE and more reliable - EE constantly pushes back their dates.)

At the time, I was able to "flip" the undesirable figures back to Target in exchange for figures I wanted.

But with the dreadful case assortments and high price, I'm going to have to settle for what I have. No way I'm paying $90 for 6 figures.

Indy's Fist

Too bad retailers like Wally World and Toys Aren't Us didn't buy up more of these. I was standing at the read, money in hand, yet they never had enough in stock.

petsnakereggie said:
tnswman ---The question should be why would Hasbro make just 70 cases and for E-Earth. Not worth there time. They ( the-Figures) are made in Huge Numbers. The Big Lots in my area alone got 20 cases each of the Last crusade wave.They already showed up at other retailers as far back as August and loads before Christmas at Toys R us, Wal mart, Marshalls and T J Maxx. There's more coming. I couldn't care less if I never get them but when I do it will be cheap, or not at all. E-Earth can keep there Junk.

They didn't make 70 cases for EE; as they do their post X-Mas warehouse cleaning they are bound to find product they didn't know they had. And I'm sure bigger accounts (like EE) would be offered them ASAP to get rid of them (since there shouldn't be ANY IJ toys in their warehouses by this point and they know no retail chain will take them)....and they'd get full $ instead of having to clearance them (at chains like Big Lots).

UIMJ

I'm shocked that I'm reading that 8.67 a figure is too much to pay. That price is right in the realm of the cost of toys right now - even cheaper than popular lines like Marvel Legends.

I would argue that toys aren't necessarily a priority, but it should be apparent that the TOD wave is going to command some pricing attention. I mean really - if all you collect is IJ and you need the TOD wave then picking them up at even 11 bucks a pop isn't a Greek tragedy. It's a finite toy line wave within a finite line of toys!

I also keep reading about how highly priced these things are on eBay, but when I look at the listings I'm not seeing prices that compare to anything like what the Marvel Legends guys are paying (again, only an example). The fact is that if you can't afford a few action figures even between 9 - 20 bucks a pop that's understandable, but it also means that you shouldn't have toy collecting as your hobby. Even if you paid a hundo for the whole set of TOD toys you only pay it one time.

For the record, I'm not saying that anyone should drop huge coin on these things, but I am saying that many people really need to put this in perspective. There isn't much sound logic in complaining about a price difference ranging from about 13 bucks a pop down to 5 bucks a pop when it comes to a hard to find wave of only 6 figures. These figures are scarce - they are going to be pricier unless they are ordered by the case.

We either have a bunch of kids complaining about pricing that doesn't jive up to the weekly allowance (which is okay) or we have adults who don't understand supply and demand or economies of scale (which is weird).

petsnakereggie

Or we have a fool and Money scenario's. I seen many pay $20.00 or more for Elsa and Henry Senior 7 months ago. I counted over a hundred in the last week for $4.00 bucks. Let me inform you there is no 2 schools about anything in the Toy world. I've been in this Hobby for 30 years and I don't need any lessons from you about collecting. The Mail away Belloq from the vintage line commanded over $100.00 in the mail away box in the late 1980's. I personally bought 20 cases with 144 in each in 1991 for 10 cents a piece at a sale In Ohio. I could have bought 100's of cases. They flooded the market and the price fell to as low as $5.00 or less. They were at that time a rare mail away, 10 years olds and of course everyone (so called experts on everything) would say they didn't make that many because nobody ordered any of them or bought the figures in the store that were needed (upc's) to mail away for them, so they made just a few. That was a crock. Entertainment Earth will not be the only company to have these. There are plenty of other outlets that can sell them. If they don't show up for a while who cares. One thing for sure, Until HASBRO says something concrete about the figures and how many were made all the so called experts should probably work on there crazy Kennedy Assination theories. The World is waiting! :hat:

UIMJ said:
I'm shocked that I'm reading that 8.67 a figure is too much to pay.

it's not...if you didn't NEED to also buy (in my case) 8-10 other figures for $8.67 that I already have and\or don't want....(and are\were available recently for $1.25-$5.) So people would really paying $104 for the 6 figures of the ToD wave they actually want (or $17.33) and best case scenario if they could sell the 6 extra at $4 each that's still $13.33 for the ToD figures or 2X what the line sold for...(or 3x what I paid to a friend who found me a few for $4 at Kroger's in December) which I still have an extra carded Mola Ram I'd like to trade for a ToD Indy, shorty or SDCC Cobra Commander (loose is fine)