What If George Lucas Directed Indy 4?????

Chicago Jones

I just thought it would be interesting if I presented this ?what if??.

What if George Lucas directed Indiana Jones and The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull?

Rant about what you think he would have done etc?

For me I think he would have done the entire thing behind a blue screen like Star Wars Episode III. He would have also plugged in Star Wars a million times?

Anyways what do you all think

The Man

Chicago Jones said:
I just thought it would be interesting if I presented this ?what if??.

What if George Lucas directed Indiana Jones and The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull?

Rant about what you think he would have done etc?

For me I think he would have done the entire thing behind a blue screen like Star Wars Episode III. He would have also plugged in Star Wars a million times?

Anyways what do you all think

Hayden Christensen as Mutt Williams, anyone..?

"You're a...teacher?"

"Part-time, my young Padawan."

QBComics

"Back it up, back it up, back i-- there we are! My life size replica of Jar-Jar. He walks, talks, and acts just as smart as the original. Boy oh boy, the fans are gonna love this."

:rolleyes:

Finn

Staff member
Judging by the reaction of some people, KotCS by Spielberg was already such a serious piece of baloney that if Lucas had been allowed to direct... I dunno. Suppose the universe would have collapsed due to singularity paradox caused by something so bad that shouldn't exist in the plane of existence that follows the major laws of logics.

Dewy9

It would've been faster and more intense. I think it might have benefited with a little more intensity.

Dr Bones

Instead of the spaceship at the end we would have had the Millenium Falcon? ;)

Seriously I think the movie would be only slightly different...no better no worse.

Chicago Jones

I think that Lucas would have a much more bigger hand in writing the script...he would most likely write the entire thing.

and I totally agree that the dialogue would suck

Inbanana

In that case I think Lucas would've done Indy4 in the 90's instead of the SW prequels, and the script would have probably been a lot like the 'Saucer Men' script. Yeah, the dialog would probably suck and Lucas would try to use CG as much as possible, but I actually think it could have been decent... And, despite the fact that I thought 'Saucer Men' was awful the first time I read it, I kinda wish that was the way events transpired. Its hard to say if people would have hated the CG as much as they do today, for one, the SW prequels wouldn't have been made yet...

Udvarnoky

Actually, according to Lucas it was Spielberg's idea to keep it all stateside. It added to the budget but Spielberg wanted to be with his family throughout the whole production. (Of course, considering all he did during Indy4's production was show his face on the set every now and then, it's hard to know what his attitude would have been if he was the one behind the camera.)

RaideroftheArk

People would have had something REALLY to complain about when it came to the CGI.

I hate talking about Lucas this way, but Spielberg saved KOTCS for me.

Young Indy

How awesome. Another thread devoted to slandering the co-creator of Indiana Jones. Why didn't the author just call this one why do you hate George Lucas?

DocWhiskey

Young Indy said:
How awesome. Another thread devoted to slandering the co-creator of Indiana Jones. Why didn't the author just call this one why do you hate George Lucas?

There's this thing in your web browser called the "back" button....

Chicago Jones

I DO NOT HATE LUCAS

I owe him my left nut for creating my childhood and my imagination. If it wasn't for star wars and Indiana Jones I would be watching BET and listening to Fifty Cent...

I just think that Lucas is an egomaniac and would try to make a buck out of his Sh*t and somehow incorporate R2-D2 and C-3PO

but I love the guy all the way to his giant second chin and his flannel shirts...

but I hate it when he calls the best weapon invention (lightsaber) laser sword

Young Indy

I'm sorry I shouldn't have even replied to this forum. I was just curious to what people where saying and I should have know it was just a "George Lucas is a terrible filmmaker" thread. I should have just replied with my opinion or not at all. My apologizes. I shouldn't have said that you hate George Lucas because you clearly don't. It just gets disheartening when you come to Indiana Jones fansites and it's just mostly negative.

Chicago Jones

We should all be able to talk freely and give our opinions without anybody getting :mad: over it

but no need to apologies you have a point