God's Loyalty

Bobcat

Hello,

I thought the Burning Bush was just for Moses and the Ark was more a general part of worship for the whole Hebrew nation.

indyt

Insomniac said:
Are you saying america has and always will be viewed for our rights not our wrongs we do not all believe the same teachings. Just because we inheareted our ccustoms and belifes from our parents we see things from a brainwased point of view.

Think for Yourself.

To judge a nation by it's favorable aspects and not it's downfalls is ungodly in my way of thinking.

I would not say we are brainwashed by our parents. To accept Christ as your Savoir is an individual choice. It is not forced on anyone. Would you say that a Muslim child is brainwashed by their parents too? Careful.

Bobcat

I would feel that to a certain extent, all children are the products of their parents. Be it biological or parental figures in someone's life. Those who tend to have faith are usually raised by parents who have endorsed that faith, not true in my particular case, but parents who believe that there is no God often also pass this on to their children.

At some point as that child matures he/she will begin to ascertain what they themselves truly believe and they'll begin to develop their own spirituality or lack of spirituality.

indyt

"At some point as that child matures he/she will begin to ascertain what they themselves truly believe and they'll begin to develop their own spirituality or lack of spirituality."

well said. thats what my point was. At the time to maturity they do have the choice. I have studied many many religions, especially Islam. My choice is to be a Christian.

Pale Horse

Staff member
indyt said:
"At some point as that child matures he/she will begin to ascertain what they themselves truly believe and they'll begin to develop their own spirituality or lack of spirituality."

well said. thats what my point was. At the time to maturity they do have the choice. I have studied many many religions, especially Islam. My choice is to be a Christian.

What happens when an infant dies?

Bobcat

For me personally, I believe that their is a age of understanding. I don't feel that a infant has any kind of understanding about things like sin or salvation so I feel that a infant is immediately in heaven. I have many Catholic friends who have gave me their take on purgatory and I myself have found nothing to support the idea of purgatory in the text.

This is such a huge, theological, philosophical conversation happening in the Crystal Skull thread. Makes me smile.

How deep the Raven is.

To be honest if god had had his thinking cap on he wouldn't have let the Egyptians take the ark in the first place. Its all to do with his modus operandi - you take it and kill its protectors, fine, but open it SNAP! YOU'RE DEAD! Sorta under the whole you turn around SNAP! YOU'RE SALT! Way of thinking God had going on back in the Old Testament.

Anyway its not just passed on by your parents, its a cultural thing. In rural Ireland if you don't go to Mass you're sorta looked upon as something as an outcast. Not so much these days, though theres still a bit of it. Its not so much a matter of belief either, its just the done thing, People go to mass, People believe in God, its a simple as that. It isn't choice, its fact.

Thank Goodness we live in a time when we are free to examine and discuss our beliefs objectively and are free to come to our own decisions.

I used to believe in a Catholic God. I don't anymore. I probably believe in something, but from reading the Bible, I just find it all a bit subjective in its writing.

indyt said:
I would not say we are brainwashed by our parents. To accept Christ as your Savoir is an individual choice. It is not forced on anyone. Would you say that a Muslim child is brainwashed by their parents too? Careful.

Some parents are such an oppressive force on their children, that brainwashing does occur...Catholic, Muslim, agnostic, tennis fans, take your pick. The "individual choice" experience NEVER happens sometimes.

Jeremiah Jones said:
To be honest if god had had his thinking cap on he wouldn't have let the Egyptians take the ark in the first place. Its all to do with his modus operandi - you take it and kill its protectors, fine, but open it SNAP! YOU'RE DEAD! Sorta under the whole you turn around SNAP! YOU'RE SALT! Way of thinking God had going on back in the Old Testament.

Sounds to me it's more like the way some retards incorrectly interpreted natural phenomena/Gods plan.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Before it's baptised, purgatory.

After,to heaven.

It would stand to reason that we shold then baptize every infact at birth, to ensure salvation; ...no?

Make it a part of the ritual of process?

"It's the only way to be sure, really" (Aliens)

Kevin

Pale Horse said:
It would stand to reason that we shold then baptize every infact at birth, to ensure salvation; ...no?

That's why Catholics generally baptize their children as soon as possible after they are born.

Lance Quazar said:
Actually, it's limbo, not purgatory, which the Church says not may not even exist....

Are you saying Limbo might not exist or Purgatory? Because Limbo is a theory, leaving Purgatory, which is doctrine.

Whereas;

Catholic doctrine
Purgatory (Lat., "purgare", to make clean, to purify) in accordance with Catholic teaching is a place or condition of temporal punishment for those who, departing this life in God's grace, are, not entirely free from venial faults, or have not fully paid the satisfaction due to their transgressions.

The faith of the Church concerning purgatory is clearly expressed in the Decree of Union drawn up by the Council of Florence (Mansi, t. XXXI, col. 1031), and in the decree of the Council of Trent which (Sess. XXV) defined:

"Whereas the Catholic Church, instructed by the Holy Ghost, has from the Sacred Scriptures and the ancient tradition of the Fathers taught in Councils and very recently in this Ecumenical synod (Sess. VI, cap. XXX; Sess. XXII cap.ii, iii) that there is a purgatory, and that the souls therein are helped by the suffrages of the faithful, but principally by the acceptable Sacrifice of the Altar; the Holy Synod enjoins on the Bishops that they diligently endeavor to have the sound doctrine of the Fathers in Councils regarding purgatory everywhere taught and preached, held and believed by the faithful" (Denzinger, "Enchiridon", 983).

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/c...aith_doc_20070419_un-baptised-infants_en.html

Last edited:
Right from the source there's this:

?Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.?

My edit window expired before I could append this...:D

Lance Quazar

I'm saying that unbaptized babies (supposedly) go to Limbo, not Purgatory. Your own defintion of Purgatory is consistent with this - it's where souls go to be "purged".

I am also saying that the Church isn't entirely sure Limbo exists - writings from the deceased JP II were released that hopefully speculate that Limbo doesn't exist (at least for babies). But that is not the official position on the matter. It's merely hopeful...