Which Indy film is the best?

Out of all the films, which one is definitively the best?

• Total voters

Temple Raider

Must've overlooked that, my bad.

It's funny how initially I was in the same camp that found KOTCS a disappointment, but for me I grew to like it much more with repeat views and now it sits pretty comfortably alongside the original three for me.

JD2008

I can't believe KOTCS came close to Temple of Doom

Temple of Doom > Raiders > Last Crusade > KOTCS

In proportion of preference:

55% temple of doom, 25% Raiders of the lost ark, 15% Last crusade, 5% KOTCS

Of course, they are all great movies!

The Drifter

JD2008 said:
Temple of Doom > Raiders > Last Crusade > KOTCS

In proportion of preference:

55% temple of doom, 25% Raiders of the lost ark, 15% Last crusade, 5% KOTCS

Of course, they are all great movies!

More like Temple of Doom>The Last Crusade>Raiders of the Lost Ark>Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Montana Smith

Raiders of the Lost Ark>Temple of Doom>The Last Crusade>Lara Croft: Tomb Raider>Cradle of Life>Jack Hunter and the Lost Treasure of Ugarit>Godfather Part III>Superman IV>Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Disclaimer: I obviously missed out a few films after Superman IV.

Dr. Gonzo

Montana Smith said:
Raiders of the Lost Ark>Temple of Doom>The Last Crusade>Lara Croft: Tomb Raider>Cradle of Life>Jack Hunter and the Lost Treasure of Ugarit>Godfather Part III>Superman IV>Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Disclaimer: I obviously missed out a few films after Superman IV.

RRnhhqW.gif

Phlip

Temple of Doom, none of the others are a patch on this one. ToD is the funniest, has a story that doesn't involve the Nazis or the Reds, Short Round and Willie are the best, man. :D

jsarino

Montana Smith said:
Superman IV>Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I'd have to respectfully disagree that Superman IV is better the KOTCS. :) Unless you ranked it in this way tongue-in-cheek. :p

Henry W Jones

jsarino said:
I'd have to respectfully disagree that Superman IV is better the KOTCS. :) Unless you ranked it in this way tongue-in-cheek. :p
Please don't get this guy started. He's not even a Indiana Jones fan

Montana Smith

jsarino said:
Unless you ranked it in this way tongue-in-cheek. :p

It's usually tongue-in-cheek. ;)

KOTCS has the edge over the others with the section leading up to the landing of the fridge. But after that I find them pretty interchangeable.

Henry W Jones said:
He's not even a Indiana Jones fan

You're correct, but you say it like it's a bad thing.

Definition of FAN

1: an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator

2: an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit)

Origin of FAN

probably short for fanatic

First Known Use: 1682

Definition of FANATIC

: marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion

Origin of FANATIC

Latin fanaticus inspired by a deity, frenzied, from fanum temple

First Known Use: 1550

While I have an interest in Dr. Jones and his fictional world I can't claim to be enthusiastic or fanatical about it any more. Obsessions come and go.

You never know, one day I might be obsessional enough that I'll want to watch KOTCS again.

Temple Raider

This is likely to be my final and definite order of preference:

TOD
ROTLA
KOTCS
TLC

All are superb to me. I give both ROTLA and TOD a perfect 10/10 while the other two get an 8/10, though sometimes I'm inclined to give both a 9.

kongisking

Montana Smith said:
You're correct, but you say it like it's a bad thing.

Sigh, for heaven's sake, Montana. Why can't you just understand the perspective of folks like Henry W Jones and me? Here you are, openly admitting you're not a fan of the character or the series, at least as much as the rest of us...and yet you hang around here doing almost nothing but either making admittedly very funny jokes and non-sequiters, or mocking Kingdom of the Crystal Skull/any other flaws of the series/other Raveners/etc. You may be in denial about it, but your have no business being on this site if that's how you act and think. You're just being a killjoy for us who actually do care about the character, and its very rude.

And just for once, it would be lovely if you were willing to be a man and admit this. But you refuse to even acknowledge this simple fact. And so this is just going to keep going on forever, at least until you get forcibly removed or you just tire of poking us. I'll be honest, in some ways I share opinions and tastes of yours, and kinda like your sense of humor, but you don't belong here. And by staying, you give the impression of sticking around purely to insult and condescend our community. That's a tool move, man.

P.S. Why on Earth don't the moderators ever confront Smiffy about it? You're the 'top men' in charge of policing this whole damn site, and you're blatantly allowing this party-crasher to run wild and **** us off?

And yes, I'm American, so I'm very used to openly calling out authority figures. Where I come from, we're allowed to.

Oh, yeah, the topic. Well, I'm currently of the opinion that Raiders is the best of the films, for just being the right balance of what an Indy movie needs, but Temple of Doom is my personal favorite for being so unique, ballsy, thrilling and feeling the most pulp-y of the adventures.

Mickiana

kongisking said:
Sigh, for heaven's sake, Montana. Why can't you just understand the perspective of folks like Henry W Jones and me? Here you are, openly admitting you're not a fan of the character or the series, at least as much as the rest of us...and yet you hang around here doing almost nothing but either making admittedly very funny jokes and non-sequiters, or mocking Kingdom of the Crystal Skull/any other flaws of the series/other Raveners/etc. You may be in denial about it, but your have no business being on this site if that's how you act and think. You're just being a killjoy for us who actually do care about the character, and its very rude.

And just for once, it would be lovely if you were willing to be a man and admit this. But you refuse to even acknowledge this simple fact. And so this is just going to keep going on forever, at least until you get forcibly removed or you just tire of poking us. I'll be honest, in some ways I share opinions and tastes of yours, and kinda like your sense of humor, but you don't belong here. And by staying, you give the impression of sticking around purely to insult and condescend our community. That's a tool move, man.

P.S. Why on Earth don't the moderators ever confront Smiffy about it? You're the 'top men' in charge of policing this whole damn site, and you're blatantly allowing this party-crasher to run wild and **** us off?

And yes, I'm American, so I'm very used to openly calling out authority figures. Where I come from, we're allowed to.

Oh, yeah, the topic. Well, I'm currently of the opinion that Raiders is the best of the films, for just being the right balance of what an Indy movie needs, but Temple of Doom is my personal favorite for being so unique, ballsy, thrilling and feeling the most pulp-y of the adventures.

Steady on, Kong. Hues of censorship arise in that reply of yours. Montana never pisses me off just as you don't **** me off, whether I agree with either of you or whomever for that matter. Smiffy brings heaps of good stuff to The Raven, just as you do. You come across as a very sentimental bloke, especially for your age and I admire you for your honest expression of feelings. But don't worry about Monty asking something that is a bit Devil's Advocate or just goading you or just disagreeing with you. This forum is a testing ground for democracy (which I don't believe works in larger political systems but can do so here) in that every individual is entitled to his opinion. The Moderators will step in when our style of argument crosses boundaries, not when we just argue, as that can be done in acceptable ways.

Le Saboteur

Mickiana said:
Steady on, Kong. Hues of censorship...

Oh, I think somebody has lept well past "hues".

I've been out playing in the woods -- technically, there was a beach involved -- so I've missed all the latest happenings, but as the Second Worst Fan (or was that the first? I can never remember.), I thought I'd chime in for a moment.

If your very thin criteria for "belonging" here is "agreement" or mutually assured fanaticism, then you, dear kong, do not belong here either. Neither do any of the other Fetishists whose interest in Indiana Jones begins and ends with Ford. While he may be Your Favorite Thing Ever™, Ford's time in the sun is over. Sorry that everybody wasted twenty years between pictures because Georgie ran out of ideas. Let Episode VII be your consolation prize.

:hat: