Good name?

PokeSonicIndy

You know this questions has been bugging me for awhile and it is this: are there any names that have meanings like sea, dragon, storm, or anything ocean or dragon-based? I know a few like Toru for example but I want to know some more because that's been on my mind for some time.

The reason I'm posting this now is to see what you guys can find more than what I found.

Montana Smith

PokeSonicIndy said:
You know this questions has been bugging me for awhile and it is this: are there any names that have meanings like sea, dragon, storm, or anything ocean or dragon-based? I know a few like Toru for example but I want to know some more because that's been on my mind for some time.

The reason I'm posting this now is to see what you guys can find more than what I found.

My first port of call was Tolkien's world.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
PokeSonicIndy said:

What is the name for? A pet? Or a made up cosplay?

"Ryu" means dragon in Japanese. "Long Danzi" means courageous dragon in Mandarin. Both are names of characters in books I've read (both manga and Western).

Stoo

PokeSonicIndy said:
are there any names that have meanings like sea, dragon, storm, or anything ocean or dragon-based?
My mother was born during a bad storm so my grandparents named her Gail (as in "gale").:)