User Name
Password

Old 05-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #26
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie
I wouldn't mind a 5th, but that's it. For some reason I want these 80's action franchises to end at 5 since I also want a 5th Die Hard.

Possible ideas:
Atlantis (Based on the game except in the 50's with Mutt, Marion & maybe even adult Short Round!)

Fountain of Youth (Same cast as above)

Garden of Eden (Ditto)

That Lost Diary of Indiana Jones book makes me want to see adult treasure hunter Shortie. What was the Monkey king script about? It sounds interesting, Indy would have an adventure on all the major continents. Yeah sc*** Australia & Antartica, they more like islands anyway. :P No offense any Australians.

*Was going to whack you with a frying pan for that remark, but figure it ain't worth it anyway coz a lot of Americans think that, and it most certainly isn't true, and obvious you've never come to Australia as Antartica is really a big block of ice melting and Australia is a different thing all together, having said that, Australia is pretty backward and I want to leave *

Besides, I wouldn't want to see an Indy movie in Australia. We don't have any cool MacGuffins.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:40 PM   #27
Mickiana
IndyFan

Yeah, it's true we don't have any ancient treasures here, at least nothing religious, gold or shiny that anyone has heard of. Otherwise it's not a bad place. We've got a lot of ancient natural stuff but that won't make for a good plot device. Still, Indy could have a holiday here en route to somewhere. A shot of Ayers Rock in an Indy flick might look pretty spectacular...
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #28
pitt_norton
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie
What was the Monkey king script about?

Monkey King dealt with, from memory, the famous Chinese mythology story of Journey to The West - with of course an Indy spin on the proceedings.

The script by Chris Columbus also had an early version of Mac, who in the script appeared in the opening sequence as a scottish detective battling ghosts with Indy in a haunted castle. It's great to read Mac's physical description matching exactly Ray Windstone look in Crystal Skull!
pitt_norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:51 AM   #29
Kingsley
IndyFan

Ford, Lucas and Spielberg seemed more definitive when they said there would be no other indy movie after LC back in those days than now... so, who knows?

I'm out of spoilers for a couple of weeks now, but it seems to me the return of Marion brings some kind of closure to the series
(Violet Indy's post gave that idea a push forward please, try to be more ambiguous in these spoiler free threads)

So, where to go from here?
Maybe while developing the 4th, they found some ideas here (Tree of Life) and thought they were great, but for a 5th movie...
maybe Pale Horse, Lornconner, Moedred and co. are responsable for one last indy movie after all

http://raven.theraider.net/showthrea...ht=garden+life

Last edited by Kingsley : 05-11-2008 at 02:01 AM.
Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:02 AM   #30
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley
Ford, Lucas and Spielberg seemed more definitive when they said there would be no other indy movie after LC back in those days than now... so, who knows?

I'm out of spoilers for a couple of weeks now, but it seems to me the return of Marion brings some kind of closure to the series
(Violet Indy's post gave that idea a push forward please, try to be more ambiguous in these spoiler free threads)

So, where to go from here?
Maybe while developing the 4th, they found some ideas here (Tree of Life) and thought they were great, but for a 5th movie...
maybe Pale Horse, Moedred and co. are responsable for one last indy movie after all

I didn't say a word about Marion and closure. I thought I was being ambiguous or is it my reputation as being a big Marion fan cause you to come to the conclusion that Marion is there for closure? Or is it just because I'm happy with the ending that you think that? I'm actually happy with the ending (not saying exactly what part of it) for a different reason and won't dismiss nor confirm that possible details of Marion's part in the ending because of where we are.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:38 AM   #31
Mickiana
IndyFan

The Tree of Life will not be convincing. Only fundamentalists believe that the tree was anything real. The Adam and Eve story is metaphor and the tree is only symbolic of something deeper. It was made up to tell a certain story to pass on a certain lesson. Plus it doesn't sound exciting enough in terms of a B grade adventure movie. The object will have to be mystical as well as man-made for a perceived value to occur and it will have to be something we have heard of or at least can understand in terms of stretched credibility.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:07 AM   #32
Wittmann
IndyFan

now that we are used to an old Indy, why not a fifth movie?

one or two years older wouldnt make a difference. but of course it all depends on the box office.
Wittmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #33
Kingsley
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
I didn't say a word about Marion and closure. I thought I was being ambiguous or is it my reputation as being a big Marion fan cause you to come to the conclusion that Marion is there for closure?
You didn't say anythong spoilerish, and you are right, it has to do with your reputation as big Marion fan... my mind fastly puts pieces toghether, and that's my fault, so I asked for more ambiguity, but I know "more" would probably mean no possible concrete talk
So, maybe it's time for me to take a ten days pause if I want to put my mind to rest before the premiere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana
The Tree of Life will not be convincing. Only fundamentalists believe that the tree was anything real. The Adam and Eve story is metaphor and the tree is only symbolic of something deeper.
I agree, but it's the idea of dealing with the very origins of human life, and the mortality (Indys mortality included) that sounds appealing. There could be an archaeological object that refers to that.

By the way, maybe all this Crystal Skull stuff deals with humans life origin too, but if it comes to preferences, I like the religious approach better.
Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:43 PM   #34
The Man
IndyFan

Doesn't this thread's existence suggest that the rumours have already begun?
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:20 PM   #35
Legendary Times
IndyFan

Indy IV = Box Office Bonanza = Indy V

Indy IV = Box Office Dud = no Indy V

In Hollywood, money talks.
Legendary Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:38 PM   #36
donufro
IndyFan

I remember hearding somewhere they originally wanted to do 5.

However, even if by some miracle they all agreed on a script - which took years to do for this movie - they all have schedules to keep, especially Spielberg, who I think has at least 2, if not 3 movies to direct after this one. Given this, it's at least 2 or 3 years before he'll be available, at which point Harrison will be 67/68. Lucas will have his new live action show to produce, etc. It's completely unrealistic. Indy, as we know him, will be put to bed with this one.

And those are the key words: Indy as we know him.

Assuming a huge success, I would not be surprised if they restarted the series with a whole new set of cast/crew. They did it with James Bond (even with people saying it was blasphemy to have Bond without Connery, which is what we are saying with IJ sans Ford) they did it with Batman, Superman, and Star Wars. Money does indeed talk. And of course, it will cheapen Indiana Jones, but the studios don't care. There's no reason to think they wouldn't go on without Spielberg, Lucas, and Ford.

But the consolation is: purists don't have to watch the new ones if we don't want to.

Last edited by donufro : 05-11-2008 at 04:44 PM.
donufro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:43 PM   #37
Shortie
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
*Was going to whack you with a frying pan for that remark, but figure it ain't worth it anyway coz a lot of Americans think that, and it most certainly isn't true, and obvious you've never come to Australia as Antartica is really a big block of ice melting and Australia is a different thing all together, having said that, Australia is pretty backward and I want to leave *

Besides, I wouldn't want to see an Indy movie in Australia. We don't have any cool MacGuffins.

Well Australia is really just a huge island.

SW PT didn't really have an entirely new cast Anthony Daniels, Frank Oz, Kenny Baker & Peter Mayhew all returned.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:59 PM   #38
Moedred
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley
please, try to be more ambiguous in these spoiler free threads
Oops, we didn't have the spoiler forum when this thread began. Moved.

There's an inorganic MacGuffin mention 66 times in that Tree of Life thread. Or you could just read Genesis. Didn't any of you guys ever go to Sunday school? And what's this assumption they don't have a script for Indy 5? Evidence, please.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:31 PM   #39
Shortie
IndyFan

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Indy V was announced the weekend after Indy IV ala Iron Man 2.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:35 AM   #40
Sankara

I'm very glad that "Indy 4" is the last Indy-Film.
Sankara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:33 AM   #41
Mickiana
IndyFan

And I will be very glad when they start working on Indy 5!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:38 AM   #42
seasider
IndyFan

I think Indy 4 is the last movie with Indiana Jones as we know him. The fact that Lucas and Spielberg are not ruling out more Indy is what is really fueling the rumor mill. As we all know, Lucas is not one to leave well enough alone when it comes to resurrecting a popular franchise. I think George does have something up his sleeve but we won't know until after the movie is out.
seasider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #43
Shortie
IndyFan

He always does. Though somethings may not be as good as others.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #44
donufro
IndyFan

Clone Wars-style animated series?
donufro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #45
yodazone
IndyFan

Hopefully the announcements start on the following Monday after Indy sets the weekend Box office records.

Same way like they announced Iron Man 2 after it's weekend premiere.

Stallone's already prepping work for Rambo 5.

I could see an Indy 5 fast-tracked easy...(especially if it crosses the 300 million domestic mark)

yodazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:31 AM   #46
Shortie
IndyFan

I don't anything will beat S-M3's weekend box office any time soon, but I think Indy will be in the top 10.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:47 AM   #47
peterlally
IndyFan

The official site says Shia the beef stars for THE FIRST TIME IN AN INDIANA JONES MOVIE

Well so does most of the cast but they dont play on it. Im sure Indy 5 has either been made but not announced or is planned for quick production if 4 is a smash. Its business after all.
peterlally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:44 AM   #48
Legendary Times
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlally
Im sure Indy 5 has either been made but not announced

Impossible. Such a development would've never been kept under wraps. Not in this day and age. Remember, not even the two sequels to Pirates of the Caribbean were filmed back to back (some months passed in between shooting schedules) - the only case I remember when sequels were filmed back to back was back in the 80s, Back to the Future II and Back to the Future III. In both cases, however, the press and the public knew that two movies were filmed at the same time.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #49
peterlally
IndyFan

Far from Impossible, with nobody having the first idea about the plot.
peterlally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #50
Legendary Times
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlally
Far from Impossible, with nobody having the first idea about the plot.

Huh? By now, the majority of the plot is known, my friend...