Old 05-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #51
IrishLuck1980
IndyFan

Bring on the Animated Adventures I say.
IrishLuck1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:30 PM   #52
eroc
IndyFan

Indy 4 is going to be so big at the box office, they would be silly people not to pursue a new trilogy. from what has been posted about the novelizations ending, it would seem they are setting up the further adventures of Indy and Mutt with a "not just yet, son. The hat is still mine."
eroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:51 PM   #53
MattJones
IndyFan

Location: Note about username: I made this back when we thought Shia's character COULD have been Matthew Jones. Oh well...
I would TOTALLY go to the Presidio to work for Lucasfilm (free of charge, George. No need to put me on the payroll) to help come up with and research a new McGuffin.

There are so many great ideas out there! Fountain of Youth... Excalibur... and that's just scratching the surface!
MattJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #54
peterlally
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eroc
Indy 4 is going to be so big at the box office, they would be silly people not to pursue a new trilogy. from what has been posted about the novelizations ending, it would seem they are setting up the further adventures of Indy and Mutt with a "not just yet, son. The hat is still mine."

What has been posted about the novelizations ending?
peterlally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:25 PM   #55
WillKill4Food
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana
The Tree of Life will not be convincing. Only fundamentalists believe that the tree was anything real. The Adam and Eve story is metaphor and the tree is only symbolic of something deeper. It was made up to tell a certain story to pass on a certain lesson.
The parables are the only parts of the Bible that mainstream members of Christianity consider metaphorical. The Genesis narrative is a history, and almost every Jew, Muslim, and Christian believes that it is literal. Only those few with loose interpretations believe that it is metaphorical. So, almost every Jew, Muslim, and Christian is a fundamentalist? No, that's obviously not true, as fundamentalism is by definition an extremist that is stricter in beliefs than the majority of his/her religion. So, no, the tree is mainly interpreted as literal, regardless of its unlikelyhood.
Sorry, but being that you aren't a follower of any of these religions, you should not comment in such areas. Your beliefs do not make others fundamentalists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana
...it doesn't sound exciting enough in terms of a B grade adventure movie. The object will have to be mystical as well as man-made for a perceived value to occur and it will have to be something we have heard of or at least can understand in terms of stretched credibility.
Back on topic, I agree here. There is no artifact (and thus no McGuffin) and the entire situation is contrary to Indy's other stories.
WillKill4Food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:25 AM   #56
Jndy
IndyFan

Only fundamentalists interpret the Old Testament literally. Most Christians don't think Jonah was literally swallowed by a whale, or that Noah put one of every species on a boat, or that all of mankind descends from two people named Adam and Eve.

Even though the Garden of Eden is a literary symbol and not an actual place, it could still work as an Indy MacGuffin. Everyone knows what the Garden is, and everyone would think "Hey, wouldn't it be awesome if the Garden existed? And someone found it? Go Indy!"

Last edited by Jndy : 05-16-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Jndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #57
Darth Vile
IndyFan

I think it's more likely they'll make a Mutt feature rather than another Indy movie. As much as I'd love new Indy movies ad infinitum... I'm not sure Lucas/Spielberg/Ford will sign up for another one (as much as I'd like them too).
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:33 AM   #58
nitzsche
IndyFan

Quote:
Lucas, looking dandy with slicked-back gray and white hair in a snappy tuxedo, was a guest Thursday night at Paramount/DreamWorks's party for "Kung Fu Panda" at the 61st Cannes Film Festival...

"I haven't even told Steven or Harrison this," he said. "But I have an idea to make Shia [LeBeouf] the lead character next time and have Harrison [Ford] come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie. I can see it working out.

"And it's not like Harrison is even old. I mean, he's 65 and he did everything in this movie. The old chemistry is there, and it's not like he's an old man. He's incredibly agile; he looks even better than he did 20 years ago, if you ask me." ....

So there you have it - at least Lucas' mindset.
nitzsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #59
Zorg
IndyFan

The idea could materialize, but there are at least two conditions: 1, the character of Mutt must be well received by audiences, and 2, KotCS must be a success. If even these conditions are met, the rumours will start immediately.

I know I'm getting way ahead of things here, but who would direct? Would Spielberg do it?
Zorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:52 AM   #60
nitzsche
IndyFan

Well, Lucas has said he wants to do a Mutt Williams movie with Harrison costarring as Indiana Jones. Check the quote above.
nitzsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #61
Darth Vile
IndyFan

The big clue is in the new soundtrack (last track Finale), as the Raiders March transitions into Mutt's...
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:25 AM   #62
torao
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Lucas, looking dandy with slicked-back gray and white hair in a snappy tuxedo, was a guest Thursday night at Paramount/DreamWorks's party for "Kung Fu Panda" at the 61st Cannes Film Festival...

"I haven't even told Steven or Harrison this," he said. "But I have an idea to make Shia [LeBeouf] the lead character next time and have Harrison [Ford] come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie. I can see it working out.

"And it's not like Harrison is even old. I mean, he's 65 and he did everything in this movie. The old chemistry is there, and it's not like he's an old man. He's incredibly agile; he looks even better than he did 20 years ago, if you ask me." ...

You know...

ARGH! Frack ...me.

You can quote me on that, CNN and NY Times.
torao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #63
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by torao
You know...

ARGH! Frack ...me.

You can quote me on that, CNN and NY Times.

Everytime Shia begins to grow on you, someone opens their gob and the repulsion levels rise once more. God, if you're good and true, unleash a seven-year plague of locusts on Skywalker Ranch. Thank you.
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #64
SZNUR
IndyFan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Stone
That will be cool MacGuffin
SZNUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #65
Ska
IndyFan

So should we change the title of this thread...

...to "How soon BEFORE Indy 4 will Indy 5 rumours start?" ?
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:40 PM   #66
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKAbatula
...to "How soon BEFORE Indy 4 will Indy 5 rumours start?" ?

LMAO! Yeah, I never they would start so early.
Adamwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #67
eroc
IndyFan

5 days before Indy 4
eroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #68
WillKill4Food
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jndy
Only fundamentalists interpret the Old Testament literally. Most Christians don't think Jonah was literally swallowed by a whale, or that Noah put one of every species on a boat, or that all of mankind descends from two people named Adam and Eve.
Jonah could have easily been swallowed by a whale. Baleen whales have no teeth and take in hundred of fish at a time. If he was fishing, he could have been swept through their baleen and kept alive in it's mouth.
Noah could have just put a set of yuong animals of each genera on a boat easily. Most species are just offshoots of a simple animal that have changed over time (that's called evolution, by the way and every scientist worth his salt believes in it).
In the early nineties, scientists were saying that all of humanity was spawned from a single African woman and her husband; they believed that they were the first homo sapiens. So, again, what's hard to believe?
Old 05-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #69
Shortie
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vile
The big clue is in the new soundtrack (last track Finale), as the Raiders March transitions into Mutt's...
Didn't TOD transition from Raiders to Shortie?
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:46 PM   #70
Jndy
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKill4Food
Jonah could have easily been swallowed by a whale. Baleen whales have no teeth and take in hundred of fish at a time. If he was fishing, he could have been swept through their baleen and kept alive in it's mouth.
Noah could have just put a set of young animals of each genera on a boat easily. Most species are just offshoots of a simple animal that have changed over time (that's called evolution, by the way and every scientist worth his salt believes in it).
In the early nineties, scientists were saying that all of humanity was spawned from a single African woman and her husband; they believed that they were the first homo sapiens. So, again, what's hard to believe?

I'm not casting aspersions on the Bible - I'm a devout Christian myself - but many of the truths of the Old Testament are not literal truths.

There's a lot of stuff in there that just isn't scientifically accurate - from a geocentric universe to a flat Earth to sea monsters that guard the edge of the Earth.

Considering other (e.g. non-literal) readings of the Bible will probably not weaken your faith; it's greatly strengthened mine and that of others.

(I just checked online- biblical literalism is mainstream in Tennessee. So I retract my "not mainstream" comment. It isn't common in California, so my answer was a bit geographically biased.)
Jndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:00 AM   #71
No Ticket
IndyFan

I guess the question really should have been, "How soon BEFORE Indy 4 will Indy 5 rumours start?"

haha.
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:31 AM   #72
Montana_Jones
IndyFan

Well, bring on a Clone Wars-style animated series. Of course have it more mature in tone such as the early-mid 1990's Batman: TAS.
I know I'd DVR if it was acted well and takes place between the end of Last Crusade and the beginning of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Here's hoping for a "The Animated Adventures of Indiana Jones!"
As long as the people in charge of it adapt Fate of Atlantis, Spear of Destiny, Iron Phoenix and many other tales. I'd watch it if it were animated very well and the acting top-notch with original storylines. Of course including adaptations. Even The Infernal Machine would be apt for it. Also of course the mandatory use of sound effects from the TETRALOGY.
And for an Indiana Jones V? Well, if Fate of Atlantis would've been made into a feature film back in 1992, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull would've been the fifth Indiana Jones film. I only own the first issue of Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix anyway...
Montana_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:51 AM   #73
WillKill4Food
IndyFan

Quote:
There's a lot of stuff in there that just isn't scientifically accurate - from a geocentric universe to a flat Earth to sea monsters that guard the edge of the Earth.
But, in fact, those aren't even Biblical errors, just clergical errors.
The Bible never says that the Earth is the center of the Universe; the medieval church held that belief because of their extra-Biblical notions. The Bible is not contradicted here.
The Earth is correctly described as a spherical body in the Bible. Again, the church is at fault. The Bible is not contradicted here.
I don't ever remember reading the "sea monsters that guard the edge of the Earth," but, naturally, that would metaphorical. I suppose it is in Revelation, which is naturally metaphorical. Leviathans and other sea beasts are mentioned in Job; those have been interpreted as dinosaurs, rhinos, hippos, etc. But, I think the text you were alluding to is in Revelation, which is, again, obviously metaphorical. John was simply trying to describe the vision given to him by God. As the vision was of the future and his vocabulary was limited, John was only able to describe it metaphorically.
Quote:
Considering other (e.g. non-literal) readings of the Bible will probably not weaken your faith; it's greatly strengthened mine and that of others.
(I just checked online- biblical literalism is mainstream in Tennessee. So I retract my "not mainstream" comment. It isn't common in California, so my answer was a bit geographically biased.)
I know, and I know what you mean. Again, the Tree of Life is most likely metaphorical, but I don't think Jonah or Noah's Ark are, at least not entirely. I was just saying that most of those who follow a faith stemming from Abraham generally interpret the Bible literally. Not so much in Western America, but in Eastern America, the Middle East, Central America, converted areas of Asia, and rural Europe literal interpretations are the most common.

Back to topic, I read somewhere that Lucas himself had said Harrison would probably take a backseat to Mutt in Indy 5. That sucks. Someone needs to choke his fat neck for that....just kidding.