TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: LucasArts early 90's G.A. - Which Serie is te best?
Maniac Mansion & Day of the Tentacle 3 6.25%
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade & Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis 34 70.83%
The Secret of Monkey Island & Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge 9 18.75%
Other 2 4.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2014, 03:21 PM   #26
jsarino
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky
While the availability of the LucasArts adventure catalogue is unforgivably poor, you're in luck: both of the Indiana Jones adventures games are among the few that you can buy. Find them on Steam for dirt cheap. You're in for a treat, especially Fate of Atlantis.

Thanks for the tip! I've not used my Steam account in ages, so perhaps I may have a use for it after all.
jsarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:32 AM   #27
InVader
IndyFan

Sampler Contents

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarino
One of my regrets was not getting a chance to play either game. My memory is vague on this, but I did play something like a LucasArts sampler of games, which one of them was an Indiana Jones game, but can't recall if it was a stand-alone, or a abbreviated version of Fate of Atlantis or The Last Crusade.

The Sampler included Zak Mckraken, Loom, Monkey Island 1, Maniac Mansion, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I never was interested enough to finish Maniac Mansion or Zak. The other 3 were great though.
InVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:36 PM   #28
jsarino
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVader
The Sampler included Zak Mckraken, Loom, Monkey Island 1, Maniac Mansion, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I never was interested enough to finish Maniac Mansion or Zak. The other 3 were great though.

Yup, that's it! I don't know what the heck I did with it, but I did recall playing Indy, Zak, and Monkey Island.
jsarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 02:00 PM   #29
mrman7
IndyFan

What a great era for games!

These were my favorite games as a kid. They were fairly open-ended in that you could explore all of the environments which always appealed to me. Additionally, since they relied on using your mind versus your reflexes you could play them with a group of friends --- each person offering ideas as to how to solve the puzzles. We had the collection that everyone is referring to at the day care center I went to as a kid, and one summer all the guys huddled in the computer room and beat Last Crusade together.

A second collection came out which bundled Day of the Tentacle, Fate of Atlantis, the Dig, Sam and Max and I believe a demo of Full Throttle as well. These games featured better animation and full speech, but that first collection retains a special place in my heart.

Thanks to a great program called SCUMM you can still play these games on your mac and pc! I still have most of the original disks but you can also find them on amazon as well. I try to play through at least one each summer just to remind myself of those carefree childhood days
mrman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:26 PM   #30
IAdventurer01
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman7
Thanks to a great program called SCUMM you can still play these games on your mac and pc!

Just to be pedantic, it's SCUMMVM that allows you to play these old games. SCUMM is ... kind of like the the game engine used to make these classics.
IAdventurer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:37 PM   #31
mrman7
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAdventurer01
Just to be pedantic, it's SCUMMVM that allows you to play these old games. SCUMM is ... kind of like the the game engine used to make these classics.

You're absolutely right, SCUMM was the scripting language they used to build the games, SCUMMVM is the emulator. I believe the VM is for virtual machine, right?
mrman7 is offline   Reply With Quote