Indiana Jones Manga

jamesdude

Being that the orginal Star Wars trilogy got adapted to Manga.

Do you guys think thye should do the same with the indiana jones film series? you know, just to market the Indy franchise to Manga/Anime fans all over the world.

(and no im not a hardcore manga fanatic, i just read it)

|ZiR|

No.

I don't think they should, and the idea of them doing so makes me upset in a way I can't really explain or justify.

Crusade>Raiders

Anime is pretty awesome, and most of the time it ****s on American animation.

THAT said, I don't know about any Manga series though >_> That could be weird.

DocWhiskey

Crusade>Raiders said:
Anime is pretty awesome, and most of the time it ****s on American animation.
But anime isn't even animation. It's all choppy and everybody has long stupid names. Emotion is shown through one giant drop of sweat, giant red cheeks, or a background inducing seizures. It's all the same. I tried to like it, but I just can't. But if you like it, well, more power to ya;)

Crusade>Raiders

DocWhiskey said:
But anime isn't even animation. It's all choppy and everybody has long stupid names. Emotion is shown through one giant drop of sweat, giant red cheeks, or a background inducing seizures. It's all the same. I tried to like it, but I just can't. But if you like it, well, more power to ya;)

Well if your only experience is Sailor Moon and Pokemon, I guess you can't appreciate it, but a lot of them have superior animation, storytelling, characterization, etc compared to their American counterparts. It doesn't help that 90% of American animation is comedy.

THAT said, the Batman: Animated Series is the greatest cartoon ever created.

DIrishB

Plaristes said:
Being a completist, I hope those are translated into English. Does anyone know the titles, author, artist, etc. for them?

I think most of those are just adaptations of the films or "Behind the scenes"/production books, but the ones in the bottom center could be original storylines. I can't read Japanese, so can't say for sure. If ThrowMeTheIdol is wiilling to make some scans of the story pages, we might be able to deduce if its an original story or adaptation.

Stoo

DIrishB said:
If ThrowMeTheIdol is wiilling to make some scans of the story pages, we might be able to deduce if its an original story or adaptation.
At first I thought they were adapations of "Chronicles" episodes but upon closer inspection, the characters aren't recognizable.
Who's the guy with the pencil-thin moustache? There are a few in the series but I can't place him.:confused:

There's also these. The style is a kind of mix between Jap anime/manga & French bandes dessinés. Nice colours:

YIndyGame_1Revolution.jpg

YIndyGame_2SpecialDelivery.jpg

YIndyGame_3HuntingForTreasure.jpg

DIrishB

Stoo said:
At first I thought they were adapations of "Chronicles" episodes but upon closer inspection, the characters aren't recognizable.
Who's the guy with the pencil-thin moustache? There are a few in the series but I can't place him.:confused:

There's also these. The style is a kind of mix between Jap anime/manga & French bandes dessinés. Nice colours:

YIndyGame_1Revolution.jpg

YIndyGame_2SpecialDelivery.jpg

YIndyGame_3HuntingForTreasure.jpg

Where are those from? Are those some of the special features on the Adventures of YIJ DVDs?

No Ticket

DocWhiskey said:

It's not all the same. You ever see Cowboy Bebop or Trigun? I personally love anime and manga. I love the style. I think the best part of it is seeing how they draw the characters. I love the art style of Dragon Ball even though many people seem to hate it. I don't see how.

Cowboy Bebop is also, IMO, beautifully animated and has a great storyline. I'm a big fan of Full Metal Alchemist too.

I guess some people just can't get past some of the cultural differences in how they animate their shows and what-not? *shrug* At first I didn't like anime too much but then the stories hooked me in. I'm not sure exactly what it is I find fascinating about them.

But I wouldn't mind an Indy manga. It would just be an interesting take on him. Nothing more. I liked the Star Wars manga.

IAdventurer01

No Ticket said:
You ever see Cowboy Bebop?

Rats, nice work beating me to the point, good sir.

Anyway, so long as it is done well it could be excellent. I'm a fan of most all mediums of storytelling. So long as the story is good and the maker excels at the medium he/she chooses, it should be appreciated.

That said, an Indy manga/anime would be wonderful. Also, new Indy games, normal comics/cartoons, books, and rock operas would also be gladly accepted.

Stoo

metalinvader said:
I'm not a fan of manga at all but there was some recent Young Indy manga published over in Japan.Throwmetheidol has them,As seen here http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=376546&postcount=3242.

I curious if they wrote new stories or just adapted a few episodes of the show into manga form.
Les just posted some larger scans of all 8 covers. Looks like they are adaptations of the Young Indy novels so no new stories (but they still look interesting). Mystery solved.

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=418361&postcount=69

DocWhiskey

|ZiR| said:
Is that supposed to be Marion in the white dress?

If they're adaptions of Young Indy episodes then no. But who knows, with the manga art style Indy could be Marion for all I know.