3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPk3_NaWkUg

4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcub7JPpvW0

5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVWGzDeerw4

Source: 4players.de & unseen64.net
tocksic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
lao che & sons
IndyFan

That's just not right. Those grahpics are some of the best I've ever seen even for a 360 game. Plus there are some really fun scenes being shown there. Why oh Why did they cancel this?
lao che & sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
tocksic
IndyFan

There not only is a satchel - it even is ANIMATED!

Old 08-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
indyjones2131
IndyFan

Jesus. That is AMAZING. Thank you for posting.

But I AM SO PISSED now. This game could have been amazing!! Look how he took out those two thugs in the alley! Look at the whip mechanics!! The character in the animations.

DAMN YOU LUCASARTS!! You'd BETTER make up for this.

Oh yeah and Lego Indy? Not even close.
indyjones2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
tocksic
IndyFan

Old 08-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #6
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Holy Christ.

I'm fuming now.

Those gameplay movies are AMAZING. And the cutscene is great.

In all honesty, this could've not only been a great Indy game, but a worthy sequel.

But we'll never know.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #7
indyjones2131
IndyFan

Seriously pissed. DAMN. DAMN. DAMN.

Anyone know how well SoK sold??
Old 08-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #8
Morning Bell
IndyFan

Now THAT'S the Indiana Jones we all know and love. Granted, I had fun with SoK but these videos show that the game could have been so much more than what they gave us. Even on the Wii many of those levels and scenarios would have worked and been a nice addition to the game. Heck, even the satchel was there!

Let's hope the next Indy game utilizes that same style and really delivers.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #9
TheIndyOpinion
IndyFan

Wow. I almost wish I hadn't seen those, because it honestly hurts that we didn't get to play THAT game. Man, the fight in Chinatown looked incredible - it's almost enough to bring a tear to my eye to think that we could have had that! Graphics aren't everything, but man...the graphics, the motion, the environments on those videos - it really does make a difference in how immersive the game is when it looks good, and that game looks great.

What a shame. What a freaking shame. Is it too late for them to change their minds and finish the PS3/360 game? I, for one, would definitely buy it, even if I had to wait another year for it to come.
TheIndyOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #10
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
This saddens me a great deal. The details in the characters were amazing. Even the elephant looked great. You could see the weight shift it's muscles with every step.
Too bad that this will never be complete. I swear that I feel like starting a lynch mob and storming to the HQ of LucasArts and demanding that this game be made!
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #11
lao che & sons
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
This saddens me a great deal. The details in the characters were amazing. Even the elephant looked great. You could see the weight shift it's muscles with every step.
Too bad that this will never be complete. I swear that I feel like starting a lynch mob and storming to the HQ of LucasArts and demanding that this game be made!

I'll supply the pitchforks! But someone else will have to handle the torches
Old 08-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #12
lao che & sons
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by robisindy
Wow. I almost wish I hadn't seen those, because it honestly hurts that we didn't get to play THAT game. Man, the fight in Chinatown looked incredible - it's almost enough to bring a tear to my eye to think that we could have had that! Graphics aren't everything, but man...the graphics, the motion, the environments on those videos - it really does make a difference in how immersive the game is when it looks good, and that game looks great.

What a shame. What a freaking shame. Is it too late for them to change their minds and finish the PS3/360 game? I, for one, would definitely buy it, even if I had to wait another year for it to come.

I think they could of they wanted too. Heck they could make a whole new game but have the graphics be this good. But I think a rerelease of the game on 360/ps3 would sell just as well as the last version. Heck I bought a wii and the game and I would still buy this version to play on my 360
Old 08-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #13
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
What titles are LucasArts working on now? Indiana Jones is a niche market in the video game world. Not many people would buy it on the PS3 or 360 (most gamers on those systems play FPSers or RPGs). Heck, I was the only one I knew who had ET until i found these boards!

Last edited by The Drifter : 08-04-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #14
lao che & sons
IndyFan

More footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMIAqMMWcfI

I like maggies voice better here but Indys is better in the wii game.
Still amazing footage though
Old 08-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #15
fixer79
IndyFan

Wow, these sure look good... thanks for the heads up, tocksic.

Let's hope that one day Lucasfilm picks this up where they left off...
fixer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #16
indyjones2131
IndyFan

So no ideas on how well SoK sold huh? Might be a good indicator if we can expect more (and hopefully better) Indy content in the future.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #17
TheIndyOpinion
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyjones2131
So no ideas on how well SoK sold huh? Might be a good indicator if we can expect more (and hopefully better) Indy content in the future.

I have no idea how well Staff of Kings has sold. I do know that I'm seeing it already marked down in price, so...that's probably a bad sign. But not surprising considering what it is and how it's been reviewed.

But if Lucasarts bases Indy's future in video games off of the success of a second rate afterthought of a game that they released for a quick cash grab when it clearly was about 6 years behind industry standards and glitchy as all get out, then they are as stupid as the handling of Staff of Kings development would indicate. They already knew when releasing the game that they had turned off a large portion of the game's target market by cancelling the PS3/360 version.

If they actually did develop, market, and release a quality product then that would be a fair basis for future planning.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #18
indyjones2131
IndyFan

According to vgchartz it looks like it sold around 290,000 copies across all 4 platforms.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #19
The Drifter
IndyFan

Quote:
According to vgchartz it looks like it sold around 290,000 copies across all 4 platforms.

That's awful. I am willing to bet that it sold the best on PSP.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #20
Morning Bell
IndyFan

I'm hoping that if LEGO Indy 2 manages to sell well enough they may be motivated to try another realistic Indy game, although I wouldn't count on it.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:45 PM   #21
Henry
IndyFan

Quote:
Anyone know how well SoK sold??

Well, a curious fact:

Staff of Kings was leader of sales in Brazil between days 8 and 12 of June, being the title that sold more for PlayStation 2 and had the third position on the PSP.

http://indianajonesraiders.blogspot....vendas-no.html
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:31 PM   #22
Grizzlor
IndyFan

Unbelievable, those videos looked fantastic. Wow, what a huge shame. Right up there with the wasted original cast audio/story of Star Trek Secret of Vulcan Fury. That last video of Indy talking looked really life like.

PS: I doubt those voices were what they would have used in the final production.
Grizzlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:43 AM   #23
The Tingler
IndyFan

Will watch them later (aren't allowed YouTube from where I am now), although they'll only make me cry.

Staff of Kings has done very badly. I didn't see any adverts anywhere outside of Facebook. LucasArts knew it was awful and that they weren't going to get their sales back.

We can only hope they decide to make a better one... but goddammit, the Staff of Moses was such a perfect Indy artifact!! Talk about a wasted opportunity.
The Tingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #24
TheIndyOpinion
IndyFan

For what it's worth, there is a petition in the works to try and get them to finish this game. It may or may not help, but in light of these videos it's a game worth fighting for.

What I don't understand is: Where did these videos come from? Why are they available to view all of a sudden? Is it kind of weird for them to just show up like this?
Old 08-05-2009, 08:17 AM   #25
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

I was thinking it was maybe from one of the developers. Perhaps someone who worked on it is a big Indy fan and figured they'd release it. I'm sure the footage will barely be noticed to anyone else besides us.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote