Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods !!!

I like the cover

but it just doesn't look like Harrison Ford to me. It does, however, remind me of the Indy look from the old Marvel series, which isn't a bad thing. Kind of nostalgic.

HovitosKing

Yeah the cover is great in many ways, but I miss the old highly-detailed Dark Horse Indy covers of yesteryear. Those were stunning, whereas this one is just plain cool. I agree Indy has that funniness about him characteristic of the Marvel renderings...the good-but-not-quite-right Indy look. Ah well, it's a helluva series. Keep it up!

Goonie

emtiem said:
Still haven't seen issue 3; I think I might wait until the collected book now.

I'm waiting for the collected book. Does anyone happen to know if they set a date for it to be released?:confused:

yodazone

oof! issue #4 gets bumped to March 18!

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/15-504/Indiana-Jones-and-the-Tomb-of-the-Gods-4

indy4fk7.jpg

These delays are definitely frustrating.

If this is how the Indy comic series will be in general, I have a very bad feeling. Missing deadlines has killed numerous comics.

yodazone

Dark Horse has really dropped the ball in handling the Indy comic franchise line like this. If the license were in Dynamite Comics, we'd be at the 3rd Indy series by now. (n)

The next big thing for them will be the Indy Marvel Omnibus books but of course those are easy reprints and not new material from them.

YouNeverKnow

I hope that the other comic books these people are working on concurrently with this one are really really worth these delays. Cuz come on, the art in these is good but not THAT good, none of these issues should have been pushed back the way they are. I mean seriously, from August to (March) for 4 issues??

DIrishB

yodazone said:

:mad:

(n)

This is getting a bit ridiculous.

...AND...now the Tomb of the Gods TPB has been delayed until June 24, 2009.

Morning Bell said:
I'm not into comics but I may just buy this collected volume, especially after all the good things I've heard.:whip:

I would definitely recommend it. Its a great Indy tale so far (much better than Crystal Skull), the artwork is amazing, Indy is in true form as Indy...its all around a great read, even if you're not into comics.

The only down side to the series so far have been the delays.

Last edited:

DIrishB

Dr.Sartorius said:
The comic was announced almost a year ago...:eek:

Trust me, these delays are nothing in relation to some books. Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk started in early 2005...two issues were released, then delay upon delay caused them to cancel it and not re-solicit issue #3 until just recently...it'll be over 3 years between issues.

Normally I would've shrugged my shoulders and given up on the mini (its a six issue series) a long time ago, but the first two issues were very promising and a lot of fun.

I consider a couple months between issues not too bad, comparatively speaking. ;)

Dr.Sartorius

DIrishB said:
Trust me, these delays are nothing in relation to some books. Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk started in early 2005...two issues were released, then delay upon delay caused them to cancel it and not re-solicit issue #3 until just recently...it'll be over 3 years between issues.

Normally I would've shrugged my shoulders and given up on the mini (its a six issue series) a long time ago, but the first two issues were very promising and a lot of fun.

I consider a couple months between issues not too bad, comparatively speaking. ;)

Right, but the last time we had an original Indy comic series was in 1996.