Indy 5 news 2012

Hanselation

At least, let us be honest. They originaly finished the Indiana Jones movies with LC and finally they gave us one additional final Indiana Jones movie mainly for us fans and many mentioned that they are unhappy with KotCS. And now everyone is wondering why they are not doing anotherone?
To see Han Solo back in a movie more than 30 years later ...slow down your expectations and we will be more happy if it really happens...:gun:

Henry W Jones

Hanselation said:
At least, let us be honest. They originaly finished the Indiana Jones movies with LC and finally they gave us one additional final Indiana Jones movie mainly for us fans and many mentioned that they are unhappy with KotCS. And now everyone is wondering why they are not doing anotherone?
To see Han Solo back in a movie more than 30 years later ...slow down your expectations and we will be more happy if it really happens...:gun:

This is so true. Most of the members here on the indiana Jones fan site complain about Skull still over 5 years later. If I were Lucas, I would probably without saying it, throw my middle finger in the air, and not do another either. All the prequel complaints don't help either and all the hate is probably why he sold to Disney.

He gave us some great films and everyone attacks him for the mediocre ones and turns him into the man who destroyed your childhood or raped his own characters. If your childhood was destroyed by GL changing your vision of SW, it probably was a pretty sad childhood to begin with. My childhood was laced with GL material but CS, the SW SE and prequels did not diminish my SW IJ experiences as a child one bit.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Henry W Jones said:
This is so true. Most of the members here on the indiana Jones fan site complain about Skull still over 5 years later. If I were Lucas, I would probably without saying it, throw my middle finger in the air, and not do another either. All the prequel complaints don't help either and all the hate is probably why he sold to Disney.

He gave us some great films and everyone attacks him for the mediocre ones and turns him into the man who destroyed your childhood or raped his own characters. If your childhood was destroyed by GL changing your vision of SW, it probably was a pretty sad childhood to begin with. My childhood was laced with GL material but CS, the SW SE and prequels did not diminish my SW IJ experiences as a child one bit.

Nothing "great" since the 1980s as far as I see it.

George Lucas said:
"I'm just a lowly writer. I mean, I won't even be a writer?I'm just the guy that comes up with the story," he said. "And I've been working on a story. You know the issue is that now it's owned by Disney and Paramount, and I don't know how they're going to work that out."

The pony ran out of tricks, became incontinent and put itself out to pasture before it made yet another mess on the living room floor. Yet, with Lucas even where there's muck there's money.

Thus, contrary to South Park, Lucas didn't rape Indy's ass. Ford offered it willingly. For hard cash.

On that note, can Ewan McGregor watch the prequels without cringing?

If you're between the devil and the deep blue sea, you could do worse than putting your money on a horse called 'Disney'.

Henry W Jones

Montana Smith said:
On that note, can Ewan McGregor watch the prequels without cringing?

Considering there are interviews with him talking about being excited about a possible stand alone Obi-Wan film I'd say he probably doesn't hate the prequels.

Montana Smith

Henry W Jones said:
Considering there are interviews with him talking about being excited about a possible stand alone Obi-Wan film I'd say he probably doesn't hate the prequels.

He'll no doubt try to insist on greater control over his lines next time.

As for the subject of Indy 5, I no longer care much for Indiana Jones or his future.

As for what you wrote earlier, I don?t care for what Lucas did to his films and his characters. However, it's of no consequence since those characters aren?t confined to their roles on film, but to the imagination. Lucas can?t take away the imagination he gave to me as a child learning about Star Wars or Indiana Jones for the very first time. No amount of tinkering or rewriting can influence that.

To me ROTLA will always be the words of Campbell Black, to which Lucas added the sights and sounds. Han Solo will forever be flying the Falcon with his over-protective co-pilot, in a universe in which the true details of the Clone Wars remain a mystery as yet undisclosed.

The Drifter

I know the feeling. My interests wax and wane at different times as well. I'll always be interested in Indiana Jones, but the interest has waned some since Kingdom was released.
It would burn bright as the sun if Indy 5 was to be announced, but we all know that's never gonna happen.

Indy's brother

Stoo said:
Thumbs up for George Lucas!(y)
Thumbs down and straight into the as*holes of all of the 'Lucas-is-the-problem' douchebags.(n):p

Why does George keep insisting that he's working on a story for Indy 5 when it is patently obvious that it's a lie. He's been saying this for years now. He's not saying that he's working on a script, he's saying that he's working on an idea for a script. For at least 4 years now. This "work" sounds like wistfully daydreaming about it every once in a long while, if even that. Completely lacking in credibility at this point.

Lao_Che

Without seeing too many of the previous posts, I'd say the chance of Indy V effectively died with Disney buying Lucasfilm.

Presumably Disney would need to come to some arrangement with Paramount as they did as with Avengers. But the thing is, with Avengers they have several films to add to the franchise. There's no long-term future to the Indy film series unless Disney wants to gamble on either hanging the hat on LaBeouf (for example) or rebooting. Financially, it makes sense that they're not showing interest in the brand if Paramount's got dibs on V and maybe VI.

The sad thing for me is that Indy, and the other IPs, are not factored in other announcements. While it seems the Indy books and comics need a movie to garner interest, the same doesn't appear to apply to, oh I don't know, TV series and video games.

Uncharted and the Tomb Raider reboot show there's a market for Indyesque adventures so somebody plop a proposal in front of LFL/Disney, please. Oh and a Fleischer inspired Schoenmaker cartoon show would be nice.

Mungi

With 71 years, he looks amazing! Look at his eyes at 0:44, he would love to do another one!:whip:

<object name="kaltura_player_1374394212" id="kaltura_player_1374394212" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" allowFullScreen="true" height="362" width="648" data="http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/0_y0bceqqt/uiconf_id/11352051"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/0_y0bceqqt/uiconf_id/11352051"/><param name="flashVars" value=""/><a href="http://corp.kaltura.com">video platform</a><a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/video_platform/video_management">video management</a><a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/solutions/video_solution">video solutions</a><a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/video_platform/video_publishing">video player</a></object>

Olliana

His choices of haircuts make a big difference in how old he looks. With the current one, he looks more lively and brisk than, say, short haired in Ender's Game or bald in Paranoia. Also helps when he's a bit tanned. Hell, in this particular interview above he looks like he could jump on a plane straightaway and start shooting Indy 5.
If only they'd let him.

kongisking

Olliana said:
His choices of haircuts make a big difference in how old he looks. With the current one, he looks more lively and brisk than, say, short haired in Ender's Game or bald in Paranoia. Also helps when he's a bit tanned. Hell, in this particular interview above he looks like he could jump on a plane straightaway and start shooting Indy 5.
If only they'd let him.

I never really thought about this, but you're absolutely right. He looks great with this hair.

indywannabbe

A short back and sides would suit Harrison now, and for the 5th film, a tidy haircut.

But it would be nice if they could make a 5th to round it off, 5 seems like a good number, but if they want to make a 6th I wouldn't complain.
To see that Indy outfit again on the big screen, why ever not?

Hanselation

Mungi said:
With 71 years, he looks amazing! Look at his eyes at 0:44, he would love to do another one!:whip:

<object name="kaltura_player_1374394212" id="kaltura_player_1374394212" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" allowFullScreen="true" height="362" width="648" data="http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/0_y0bceqqt/uiconf_id/11352051"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/0_y0bceqqt/uiconf_id/11352051"/><param name="flashVars" value=""/><a href="http://corp.kaltura.com">video platform</a><a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/video_platform/video_management">video management</a><a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/solutions/video_solution">video solutions</a><a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/video_platform/video_publishing">video player</a></object>

You are so right!

My last hope: Maybe Paramount buys immediatley the rights for another Indiana Jones movie(s) from Disney? So Disney can use their rights for their theme parks, cartoons, games and all the merchandizing stuff. The value of the brand Indiana Jones would increase by another movie anyway.
And maybe that makes the price to be negotiated with Disney acceptable for Paramount and they have to make a good Indiana Jones movie to earn the money just wih the film itself (y) and not with mearchandizing stuff. ;)
Win-Win situation for Indiana Jones, the fans, Paramount and Disney.:whip:

End of daydreaming. ;)

Best looking 71 year old thats crazy. Thats whats so frustrating Harry and steve want to do another but Lucas as gone gar gar on the subject. Another four years and it will be out of reach for him though.:(

Indy's brother

indywannabbe said:
A short back and sides would suit Harrison now, and for the 5th film, a tidy haircut.

Agreed, I said the same thing 3 years ago in post #23 of this thread:

Indy's brother said:
Shorter hair on Ford around the sides and back would have made him look more youthful and would have also have stayed correct for the period of the film. It would have also made his thinning locks look fuller.

Of course, regarding the rest of your post:
indywannabbe said:
But it would be nice if they could make a 5th to round it off, 5 seems like a good number, but if they want to make a 6th I wouldn't complain.
To see that Indy outfit again on the big screen, why ever not?

If I repeat any of those sentiments again on these boards, I'm going to give broken records a bad name.

Indy's brother

Paramount No Longer An Issue

According to Variety, Disney now holds the distribution and marketing rights to the Indiana Jones film franchise.

The Walt Disney Studios and Paramount Pictures have reached a distribution and marketing agreement for the Indiana Jones franchise.

Under the arrangement, Disney gains distribution and marketing rights to future films, in addition to retaining its current ownership rights which it secured when it acquired Lucasfilm.

Paramount will continue to be responsible for distribution of the first four films in the franchise and will receive a financial participation on any future films that are produced and released.

Though Disney now owns the rights they have not officially announced that a fifth films is in the works.

Back in August while promoting his Relativity film ?Paranoia,? Harrison Ford expressed interest in doing another film but as of right now no writers have been set to write a script and Steven Spielberg has not committed to a sequel.

That said, now that Disney has those rights they likely will move quickly to get a film in motion. Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger has expressed a lot of interest to monetize the brand ever since Disney bought Lucasfilm last year.

The last installment ?Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? grossed $783 million worldwide.

Toht's Arm

F*ck yes! :whip:

I take this as a good sign. Of a new Ford Indy movie? Maybe not. Of a good new Ford Indy movie? Maybe not.

But more Indy? Definitely. They wouldn't do this otherwise.