Indy 5 news 2012

Montana Smith

"Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty monkey. Your kind will mean the end of me."

193.jpg

298.jpg

Olliana

Grizzlor said:
It just seems like he is too scared of the backlash.

Yeah, sure. :rolleyes:

@ the pictures above:

Man, what's up with the colouring and sharpness in Indy IV? Aren't current movies supposed to look actually better than older films?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Pale Horse said:
Now..where did we put the keys to this place. Finn? Didn't you have them last?

Morty? How much money is left in the Jukebox? Should we let the patrons play the songs out...I think the last one is "When the music's over, turn out the lights" by the Doors...

Professor? You and I need to stumble out, like this:

Just don't depend on me for the cleaning up.

Or better yet- why can't the Raven go down in a blaze of glory like it did in Raiders? With a gunfight and all. (y)

Finn

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
Now..where did we put the keys to this place. Finn? Didn't you have them last?
Unlike you, I put things back where they belong. The jimmy bar's hanging on its usual place in the broom closet.

All I've got are the keys to the wood shed, and I'm also clinging onto them. It's where the still is, after all.

What comes to the cold storage, I think we all agreed it's off-limits after that orangutan incident. But if you really insist on accessing it, the spare sticks of dynamite are right there in that crate next to the fireplace.

Montana Smith

Finn said:
What comes to the cold storage, I think we all agreed it's off-limits after that orangutan incident. But if you really insist on accessing it, the spare sticks of dynamite are right there in that crate next to the fireplace.

Regarding the cold storage. Do you think Shipwreck will be okay if you thaw him out?

I heard a rumour there was a titanic battle in there with the ape, and you had to seal off the door for safety reasons.

Dr. Gonzo

Finn said:

Montana Smith said:
I heard a rumour there was a titanic battle in there with the ape, and you had to seal off the door for safety reasons.

Listen gentlemen, lets get down to brass tacks here. How much for the ape?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/50495
"No, no, no," Marshall says.

?If you think about it, in an Indiana Jones movie there?s gotta be that quest, that object. It?s the Crystal Skull or the Lost Ark. The Bermuda Triangle doesn?t fit into that. I could feel with full confidence, without even talking to George or Steven, that we weren?t doing that.?

He has authorized the following message: A new Indy movie is no closer than it was six months ago. Rumors that Frank Marshall will be at the center of it, and asked to do something demented, are probably accurate.

Pale Horse

Staff member
There is no 600 lb. gorilla in this room. Go home, there's nothing to see. Nothing at all. Not even over there, or in the archive...

IndyForever

Kathy Kennedy is now co-running Lucasfilm with George Lucas whether this is because Lucas needs the time to focus on Indy5 or retire as promised time will tell!

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/lucasfilms-names-kathleen-kennedy-as-co-chair/

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/06/01/kathleen-kennedy-lucasfilm/

How about this Lucas is now moving ahead with developing $300m worth of land in Marin county into affordable housing for poorer people as he has had enough of being blocked into expanding Skywalker ranch!
http://gradyranch.com/pdf/Grady_Ranch_4_10.pdf

Perhaps he is just mellowing but few billionaires would ever do this scale of project for nothing would they.

Grizzlor

I have to wonder, exactly what is Kathleen Kennedy going to be chairwoman of? LucasFilms has become the new Graceland. Nothing new coming out of there.

As for Marshall, he only gets involved during pre-production. How difficult is it for Lucas to come up with a basis for a script? He doesn't even have to write the thing, he just has to do a rough draft. What does he do all day and night?

Archaeos

Grizzlor said:
What does he do all day and night?

I share your bewilderement about that (as well)

As surmised in the When George Lucas dies who will own Indiana Jones?, he might increasingly indulge in morbid reflections about his own mortality, and hence the quality of his remaining reputation as a filmmaker (with hopes to be best remembered for arthouse flicks shot in his final decade of life, it seems.)

Or he just hopes that someone is for once flattering to him, like Kathleen Kennedy; and especially unlike all these fans of His work...

In the end, all this I think will not change the prospects, both negative and positive, for an Indy V:
As we discussed in the No more Indiana Jones from George Lucas. thread,
Kennedy was most outspoken about Tintin taking over as flagship franchise from Indy (a negative). But on the other hand, she wouldn't be so influential as she has become without knowing what is sellable and how to get things done well, and fast (a positive).

Archaeos

Túrin Turambar said:
Hope Kath makes star wars episode 7 to 9 now then. What about Indy 5 though?

Wait, what?! There's supposed to be more of that Jedi stuff coming?!?

NOOOOOO0000000ooooooooo...... *LukeEmpireBespinRevelationScream*

Archaeos said:

Yes Harrison Ford wants to go back to the star wars universe, Mark hamill needs to loose six stone, but he says he will do, it if its gets him back in the public eye again. carrie fisher says she is game, as long as she can have a hot sex scene with Harrison on film.

Montana Smith

Archaeos said:

The news of the intention to do episodes 7-9 broke back in the mid-'80s. It's about time they got on with it!

Archaeos

Montana Smith said:
The news of the intention to do episodes 7-9 broke back in the mid-'80s. It's about time they got on with it!

That's true. I remember an interview with Lucas published in 1984 in Cinema magazine, where he says he envisaged 3 trilogies (still have that issue somewhere... the photo showed him in front of blueprints of Skywalker Ranch). But I thought he had buried that idea after Episode 3 had come out...

Túrin Turambar said:
Carrie Fisher says she is game, as long as she can have a hot sex scene with Harrison on film.

Just look into her eyes... do you really see that..? :p
leia.jpg

Montana Smith

Archaeos said:
That's true. I remember an interview with Lucas published in 1984 in Cinema magazine, where he says he envisaged 3 trilogies (still have that issue somewhere... ...

I remember it from the Eagle comic. (I should also have that as I picked up a complete run of Eagles some time ago to replace my long lost originals).

Archaeos said:
But I thought he had buried that idea after Episode 3 had come out...

I wish he'd buried 1-3 and gone straight to 7-9!

Marshall2288

Archaeos said:
That's true. I remember an interview with Lucas published in 1984 in Cinema magazine, where he says he envisaged 3 trilogies (still have that issue somewhere... the photo showed him in front of blueprints of Skywalker Ranch). But I thought he had buried that idea after Episode 3 had come out...

Just look into her eyes... do you really see that..? :p
leia.jpg
As much as I love Carrie, lets not bust out the slave outfit these days....